Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why doesn't Batman learn some magic?

• 64 results
    russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

he is beyond magic

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I always figured he would consider magic a cheat and find it unreliable, rather trusting his own body and mind as well as the technology that he has designed and tested.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#53  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I remember him saying he hates it.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calvin said:

@RATZGobbler:

Batman does not believe in magic. He says nothing would be a secret for ever. In his mind "magic" does not really exists, magic is a name, a perception we have for powers and phenomenons we can't explain. Yet. - I'm actully with Bruce man on this one. There's no Magic at all, on and off comics.

He see's Magic as a type of science or something along those lines...It doesn't mean he is beyond using it even if he doesn't completely understand it.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because he doesnt need magic - magic is for the wimpy superheros who cant fight

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because Batman's a guy who likes to stick with what he knows, and is good at it. He hates being out of his comfort zone.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To look at the question another way, why would any of his fans want him to use magic? Once you open that doorway and give it to him for whatever reason, the character's changed forever and will no longer operate on the same rules. You could almost say he wouldn't even be solely Batman anymore.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

The same reason he doesn't.. 1. Get a power ring, 2. Wear a power suit, 3. Take some kind of super serum, 4. Upload his consciousness into an organic computer and become a robotic sentient lifeform, 5. Bond with Brainiac, etc etc etc. Because he's Batman and Batman thinks that kind of stuff is gay.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

Yeah I could see him keeping a few magic artifacts stashed away just in case. Maybe also have someone put some protection spells on the batcave.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

I vaguely remember a story where he did use it

but the real reason why is because he's Batman, and Batman don't need any of dat magic crap, it's for noobz

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because his aptitude at having aptitudes would make him become some kind of god-like being and that'd be unbatmanlike.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why bump this?

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52: I think you have a point here. His batmaness makes him beyond the best at what he does. So if he starts here with disenchanting some rock the next issue he will be banishing trigon with a slap and zapping general zod into jelly.

A longtime reader of batman did once tell me batman does know a spell to dispel but he has no affinity for spell casting beyond that if he really tried. Which he wouldn't cus he doesn't like magic

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman is the opposite of magic, so there you go.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.