Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why doesn't Batman have a plan for WonderWoman?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has been bugging me recently.

Why is Batman's plan for stopping WonderWoman to ask Superman to stop her? This seems like such a lame cop out to me, but then again Geoff Johns is lame at writing anything to do with Batman. Yeah, Batman could easily get Superman to stop her, but there's no way he wouldn't prepare for the eventuality where he would have to do it himself, hence the reason for the contingency plans. Otherwise all his contingency plans for everyone else should just be ask Superman!!

What about the possibility that WonderWoman and Superman turned evil together and there wasn't a way to get Superman to turn good and then stop WonderWoman. As if Bruce isn't paranoid enough to have thought about that situation. He must have a plan for them both.

Not only that, his general plan for her is to hope Superman would be willing to beat up someone he has romantic attachments too. As if anyone believes that Bruce would leave something like that to chance?

I just don't buy that he would think "nope, she has no weakness, there's nothing I could do." Yeah she's insanely powerful, but she's not invulnerable and she so blatantly has a mental weakness.

Do you guys think it's just been written that way so at some point Superman will be forced in to making the choice?

(P.S Before some r-tard jumps on here, I know WonderWoman would destroy Bruce in a fight. I just think he should have a plan to stop her, that didn't involve having to fight her. I kinda liked the nanites idea from Babel, it fitted well with her character that she's so unrelenting that she would never stop fighting until her heart gave out.)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rubear

Because he want not to fight her, but to... you know.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

He is Batman, b1tch3s love Batman!!!

I dont know but i am sure it was part of the plan to make them a couple.

Even when it was a terrible plan.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's pretty dumb:

Batman: Superman, Wonder Woman is planning to kill everyone! You have to stop her!

Superman: Sorry, I'm on her side.

Batman: Oh, didn't plan for that to happen. I guess the world is f***ed.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@dctv3363 said:

Yeah, that's pretty dumb:

Batman: Superman, Wonder Woman is planning to kill everyone! You have to stop her!

Superman: Sorry, I'm on her side.

Batman: Oh, didn't plan for that to happen. I guess the world is f***ed.

I chuckled.

I'm guessing it's lazy/bad writing. She doesn't really have a weakness, so until someone comes up with something better..... it's mostly likely going to be lost and forgotten. Also a little bit of what @toplel said as well.

Billy(Shazam) really should be his plan.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@toplel said:

Because Johns rehashed an old idea but tweaked it to add more 'drama' to it. The whole 'Power couple = end of the world' deal.

yeah it's really dumb though, as if Batman wouldn't have the paranoia to think that Superman might not even be there (for whatever reason) to stop her.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns has a reputation for being an awful Batman writer.

Batmans plan to defeat Wonder Woman is beyond dumb and totally out of character. If Batmans plan to defeat Wonder Woman was to keep an even more powerful hero on standby mode, why not one that is not emotionally involved like Shazam? Superman is in love with her, rendering it easy for him to be manipulated by her. Just like OP said, Bruce leaving this to chance is totally out of character. Why is it that arguably the best tactition on the planet has such an obviously stupid plan to defeat Wonder Woman? If Superman were manipulated by Wonder Woman or happened to agree with what she was doing his plan would be over. I wish Johns actually used some creativity and gave Batman an actual plan for handling a rogue Wonder Woman, or if he was dead set on Batman using another hero to defeat her, the hero he chose was one that was actually not easily manipulated by her and reliable.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They way I understood it it was more that Wonder Woman didn't have a weakness and it acutely annoyed Batman. It wasn't that Batman didn't have a plan against WW but more that he didn't have an item he can use against her.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmans plan to defeat Wonder Woman is beyond dumb and totally out of character. If Batmans plan to defeat Wonder Woman was to keep an even more powerful hero on standby mode, why not one that is not emotionally involved like Shazam? Superman is in love with her, rendering it easy for him to be manipulated by her. Just like OP said, Bruce leaving this to chance is totally out of character. Why is it that arguably the best tactition on the planet has such an obviously stupid plan to defeat Wonder Woman? If Superman were manipulated by Wonder Woman or happened to agree with what she was doing his plan would be over. I wish Johns actually used some creativity and gave Batman an actual plan for handling a rogue Wonder Woman, or if he was dead set on Batman using another hero to defeat her, the hero he chose was one that was actually not easily manipulated by her and reliable.

Because Shazam wasn't famous at the time, Batman didn't even meet him

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a somewhat far-fetched hypothesis that can be used as food-for-thought:

What if Batman did have a contingency plan for WW but chose not to disclose it to Superman? We know he disapproved of the relationship and wanted to find a way to end it. Perhaps he decided to deceive Clark into thinking that WW could not be stopped by anyone aside from Superman. You know, plant the seed of doubt into Clark's mind so that he'd think that being involved with the most powerful woman on Earth was not such a good idea. Meanwhile, Batman actually does have a plan for WW but it's just not conveniently sitting inside of a briefcase with WW's emblem slapped on the side.

Again, just a random post to stimulate ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend said:

Because Shazam wasn't famous at the time, Batman didn't even meet him

Doesn't necessarily have to be Shazam, it just has to be someone with stats superior to WW and not emotionally involved.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Geoff is writing it. Its so painfully obvious that that Guy hates Batman and can't write him properly to save his life and DC is still letting him. Pretty ignorant.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By PapiNacho

Superman is his plan, because he has no better plan. Is not like he perfectly trusts Superman to take care of her,but out of everyone who could (Shazam for example) he trusts Superman more. That is why he was against the relationship, but he had no idea it was going to happen. Now that it has he will probably come up with another plan, maybe Shazam.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: Ya that was the one thing that bugged me the most why the hell does Batman keep all his plans in little boxes and later he shows Superman here is my room where i keep all my plans to beat you guys

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: agreed! Why you ask? Geoff johns! Freaking stupid when it all comes down to it

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@lifeofvibe: the guy can do wonders when it comes to Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman but when it comes to Batman he is a joke

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Calm down? where in my statement did i never come off as not calm

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it is stupid for Batman to be capable of taking anyone down just by making a plan, especially someone who has no actual weaknesses? This is not going to go over well on this forum.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: thats not the point Batman going "Well Wonder Woman has no weakness so f*** it" is what would be stupid and just becuase he has a plan dosnt mean it will work

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because booty.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

In the New 52, as far as I know, Batman has a contingency plan for all the JLA.

I don't know if WW's plan was revealed to be Superman or not though - so I may not be helping here lol.

No Caption Provided

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

What if Batman did have a contingency plan for WW but chose not to disclose it to Superman? We know he disapproved of the relationship and wanted to find a way to end it. Perhaps he decided to deceive Clark into thinking that WW could not be stopped by anyone aside from Superman. You know, plant the seed of doubt into Clark's mind so that he'd think that being involved with the most powerful woman on Earth was not such a good idea. Meanwhile, Batman actually does have a plan for WW but it's just not conveniently sitting inside of a briefcase with WW's emblem slapped on the side.

No Caption Provided

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: later Bruce shows Superman the box containing wonder womans plan and it turns out to be empty and batman saying that she has no weakness and that superman has to be the contingence. Thus the debate since it seems kind of a cop out

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lordofthenorth said:

@fallschirmjager: later Bruce shows Superman the box containing wonder womans plan and it turns out to be empty and batman saying that she has no weakness and that superman has to be the contingence. Thus the debate since it seems kind of a cop out

gotcha

agreed.

though WW doesn't have any weaknesses off the top of my head. And she is very dangerous, being almost as skilled as Batman and almost as stronger as Superman - its a deadly combo.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: true which makes how batman would handle her all the more interesting

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been bugging me recently.

Why is Batman's plan for stopping WonderWoman to ask Superman to stop her? This seems like such a lame cop out to me, but then again Geoff Johns is lame at writing anything to do with Batman. Yeah, Batman could easily get Superman to stop her, but there's no way he wouldn't prepare for the eventuality where he would have to do it himself, hence the reason for the contingency plans. Otherwise all his contingency plans for everyone else should just be ask Superman!!

What about the possibility that WonderWoman and Superman turned evil together and there wasn't a way to get Superman to turn good and then stop WonderWoman. As if Bruce isn't paranoid enough to have thought about that situation. He must have a plan for them both.

Not only that, his general plan for her is to hope Superman would be willing to beat up someone he has romantic attachments too. As if anyone believes that Bruce would leave something like that to chance?

I just don't buy that he would think "nope, she has no weakness, there's nothing I could do." Yeah she's insanely powerful, but she's not invulnerable and she so blatantly has a mental weakness.

Do you guys think it's just been written that way so at some point Superman will be forced in to making the choice?

(P.S Before some r-tard jumps on here, I know WonderWoman would destroy Bruce in a fight. I just think he should have a plan to stop her, that didn't involve having to fight her. I kinda liked the nanites idea from Babel, it fitted well with her character that she's so unrelenting that she would never stop fighting until her heart gave out.)

If Kal and Wonder Woman went bad at the same time Batman could simply call up Shazam, Flash, and Martian Manhunter. I'm sure the three of them could get the job done.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

-

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@tim_drake4444: its still the same problem with just telling superman to stop her

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns is a hack and a hater.

/Thread

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Essentially she's Superman without a Kryptonite weakness...DAFUQ do we fight that?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth said:

I think that he show it just to create visibility that he dont have a plan and to make Superman more wary about relationship than about some contingence plan.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@deaditegonzo said:

Because it is stupid for Batman to be capable of taking anyone down just by making a plan, especially someone who has no actual weaknesses? This is not going to go over well on this forum.

Why is that stupid, that is part of Batman's character, to have the paranoia, foresight and ability to come up for a plan for when a superpowered ho goes crazy. It's like saying it's stupid for Flash to be capable of solving something just by using Superspeed.

If Atomica and The Outsider (Alfred the Butler) can execute a plan to take down Superman, Batman should be able to come up with a plan to take down WonderWoman.

WonderWoman is weak to piercing weapons. Not that Bruce could stab her, I'm just saying, he could try to work something around that.

She is also mentally weak. And she is too compassionate now, her prison in Forever Evil shows how she is weak in battle because she is worried about Superman and for Steve Trevor.

The nanites executed in Tower of Babel were an awesome idea of how to take her down and exploit her mentality.

@alak said:

I really like this. He must have a plan, he's just not dumb enough to show Clark how far he is willing to go. And yeah I just thought about that, why would he stick his plans in briefcases each with the superhero's sticker on it!! He might just have objects that could harm them in those cases.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By comicbookfan93

@alak: they were my thoughts exactly! Although I do honestly believe it's because Johns sucks at writing batman

OkPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest some of the plans in tower of babel really sucked. The justice busters plans against flash were kinda really really not going to work, but it was a new 52 depowered version so basicly the turtle

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All you need is a sniper, and for her to be distracted.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AbdullahZubair

I think maybe he is currently searching for a better plan for her, but until that happens, he can't just go around telling people that he doesn't have a plan.

OR maybe he does have one, but hasn't revealed it yet..

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tvc-15: cruel....

xd

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.