why does batman has so many PIS feats

#1 Edited by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

takes a punch from superman and breaks a rib
taking down the seven men of death the best assassins in the world in SECONDS ,
breaking a door or glass that can stand rockets ,also breaks mr freaze's bullet proof helmet
bends steel bars ,breaks guns,rips steel doors
fighting 30 man bats and has tens of scars , then gets fully healed  in the second issue 
in knightfall, he was beaten to near death yet swam against the current while holding the mayor, and he faught several metas took unreal amount of punishment, especially from bane in the end and in like a few dews he is in a wheel chair and takes down a guy with a michin gun, he's body should have been entirely destroyed  
blocking bullets from a machine gun seriously WTF
i love batman he is my favorite character ,but man he is really over powered . what do you think guys, personally i enjoy him more as the highly intelligent man who uses his wits to overcome, hard situations

#2 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have PIS feats. They're all in character. B)

#4 Edited by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a very high in-demand person, written by a wide array of different writers. It's almost expected things like this happen. Though a better question is, what was going through some of these writers heads when they put pen to paper. Entertainment purposes also pose a factor. Though that's not to completely discredit Batman, still an amazing character.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:
He doesn't have PIS feats. They're all in character. B)
Best answer ever.
#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

He doesn't have PIS feats. They're all in character. B)

True enough.

Another equally correct answer is that when you throw a completely human guy against threats that would give Superman trouble and he wins there's going to be allot of what for other characters is PIS, except like Joygirl said when it comes to Batman its not PIS

#7 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:

He is a very high in-demand person, written by a wide array of different writers. It's almost expected things like this happen. Though a better question is, what was going through some of these writers heads when they put pen to paper. Entertainment purposes also pose a factor. Though that's not to completely discredit Batman, still an amazing character.

of course he is, but mastering 127 martial arts, knowing 436 ways of incapacitating someone without making them bleed , master in nearly every science, almost complete knowledge of literature,history and geography, seemingly know infinite number of languages come on to do this would take tens of lifetimes. itsnt the whole idea of batman is to be a badass human character, who shows human potential if a person is determined enough
#8 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Joygirl said:

He doesn't have PIS feats. They're all in character. B)

True enough.

Another equally correct answer is that when you throw a completely human guy against threats that would give Superman trouble and he wins there's going to be allot of what for other characters is PIS, except like Joygirl said when it comes to Batman its not PIS

i dont understand ?what do you mean by there's going to be allot of what for other characters is PIS, except like Joygirl said when it comes to Batman its not PIS
#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: Because he's Batman. Pshaw.
#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

i dont understand ?what do you mean by there's going to be allot of what for other characters is PIS, except like Joygirl said when it comes to Batman its not PIS

Sorry I realize my wording was very bad I mean that the only way a completely human character survives what Batman does is through PIS so it's kind of necessary to the character. You pointed out that Batman's feats were PIS but basically everything the character does even the not note worthy things are PIS. I mentioned Joygirl because I was trying to explain that that was probably what she meant by saying Batman's PIS feats being in character because Batman is PIS incarnate

#11 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@higher_evolutionary said:

i dont understand ?what do you mean by there's going to be allot of what for other characters is PIS, except like Joygirl said when it comes to Batman its not PIS

Sorry I realize my wording was very bad I mean that the only way a completely human character survives what Batman does is through PIS so it's kind of necessary to the character. You pointed out that Batman's feats were PIS but basically everything the character does even the not note worthy things are PIS. I mentioned Joygirl because I was trying to explain that that was probably what she meant by saying Batman's PIS feats being in character because Batman is PIS incarnate

lol sometimes i feel he is like samurai jack,
#12 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10148 posts) - - Show Bio

Is not PIS, because he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

#13 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Is not PIS, because he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

LoL Wow. This just made my day

#14 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Damned right.
#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio

The same reason any other A-lister does: popular characters will be written by various writers. Each one has a different take on the character and will showcase it in different ways.

It's really that simple.

Staff
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

The comments in this thread just proved why he has so much PIS. He's a very loved character. But oh well. Still cool anyway.

#17 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

taking down the seven men of death the best assassins in the world in SECONDS

To be fair Bruce did say "I'm good, but I'm not that good."

#18 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:

@higher_evolutionary said:

taking down the seven men of death the best assassins in the world in SECONDS

To be fair Bruce did say "I'm good, but I'm not that good."

the monks did say that ruhma kutshna guided his hand , and paralyzed theirs, but thats just a figure of speech
#19 Posted by War Killer (20110 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Batman is not real, so he can do anything.

#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Is not PIS, because he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

These pics were the funniest.

#21 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@higher_evolutionary said:

taking down the seven men of death the best assassins in the world in SECONDS

To be fair Bruce did say "I'm good, but I'm not that good."

the monks did say that ruhma kutshna guided his hand , and paralyzed theirs, but thats just a figure of speech

It's been a while since I read the issue, but IIRC they went down easily on purpose.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to be joking with this thread.EVERY A-list superhero has tons of PIS feats.Batman doesn't have any more than anyone else.Half these guys have villains that they regularly fight they they can't even hurt with their own powers and abilities.

Moderator
#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10148 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

You have to be joking with this thread.EVERY superhero has tons of PIS feats.Batman doesn't have any more than anyone else.Half these guys have villains that they regularly fight they they can't even hurt with their own powers and abilities.

Fixed, also everybody in comics have PIS powers, for the same Batman dont have PIS powers becuase if everybody have something, it means that is not a power.

Batman is just that damn good.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

The same reason any other A-lister does: popular characters will be written by various writers. Each one has a different take on the character and will showcase it in different ways.

It's really that simple.

Man of Kats speaks the truth 
#25 Posted by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

He has almost 8000 appearances (yes some of them are foreign issues but still), how could he not have PIS feats?
BB

#26 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

They make him do superhuman stuff because the fans would get bored if he wasn't the bestest.

#27 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

He has almost 8000 appearances (yes some of them are foreign issues but still), how could he not have PIS feats?
BB

best point, made more sense now 
 

HE

#28 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

He has no more PIS feats than any other A list hero. In fact i'd argue he has less than a lot of other A-listers who have been around for a shorter time.

#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (11377 posts) - - Show Bio

Because,you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

#31 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10148 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

He has no more PIS feats than any other A list hero. In fact i'd argue he has less than a lot of other A-listers who have been around for a shorter time.

QFT!!!!!

#32 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@super_psycho said:
hahahahaha nice
#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10148 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean how many times we have seen this?

Guy/girl new to this job, without any power or any class of training, get in a suit and then bam, they can do almost anything, worst people without power and less training that Batman have a clean fight with him and Batman have problems to beat them.

I mean, in real life that would never happen, Batman would destroy the other guy/girl.

How can that be PIS powers?

#34 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually the quality of writing is what determines what is PIS and what isn't. I say there should be a benchmark for fans to determine PIS/WIS and others which are genuine. Personally, PIS/WIS to me is defined as inconsistent with past showings. New powers, feats or weaknesses need to be repeated at least 5 times for every 100 issues in print over 3 different writers to be canon.

Fans really should set-up some kind of guideline like that as it holds writers to write well and not stupidly (I'm sure many of us have examples we hold dear)

#35 Posted by AllmightyJackson (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Is not PIS, because he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

Damn right!

#36 Posted by Omnicrono (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I mean how many times we have seen this?

Guy/girl new to this job, without any power or any class of training, get in a suit and then bam, they can do almost anything, worst people without power and less training that Batman have a clean fight with him and Batman have problems to beat them.

I mean, in real life that would never happen, Batman would destroy the other guy/girl.

Haha! Yes. Very good observation.

Online
#37 Posted by Wolfrazer (6396 posts) - - Show Bio

Because for some reason or another they made Batman start taking on more then what he could realistically be able to handle.

#38 Posted by Gibbet (617 posts) - - Show Bio

He hangs with the Justice League

Big Three

he can't be a b!tch

#39 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Batman lives on PIS nowdays.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.