Why do you love Batman so much?!

#1 Posted by jonijavier (12 posts) - - Show Bio

And why do I love Batman so much? Is it because he's sometimes so emo? Is it because he's such a sad, broken character? Is it his master detective skills? Or his super cool gadgets? And his really awesome batmobiles? Is it because he's super rich and kinda hot? (I am a girl, ok?!) Is it because he has a witty butler named Alfred? Or maybe it's because he has a T-rex in his batcave? (Yup, this is probably the reason) Whatever the reason, I love Batman! Why do you?

#2 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent question, I feel him and Spidey are the most popular. And I think it has to do with the Bat and Spider coming from nature, it's just in us. Their trials and tribulations come after that.

#3 Edited by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just a good character, really. From the skills, to his knowledge, to his code, he's just a very enjoyable character to read (in the right hands). Simple as that.

#4 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he wears leather

#5 Posted by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing of the Bat-books have been consistently good for such a long time.

His tale is written so beautifully and is full of tragedy that not even the great Operas can compare to.

His supporting cast is second to none.

#6 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget he has some of the best villains around

#7 Posted by jonijavier (12 posts) - - Show Bio

All valid and great replies! HAHAHA Although not sure about the leather part.

I've been wanting to start a comic book collection on another character, but every time I'm "bin diving" or looking through back issues, I end up buying mostly (if not entirely) Batman titles.

I guess, I just love the guy. And yeah, he does have the best villains around.

His stories are compelling. And blah, I don't need to convince myself and anyone on this forum that he's the best superhero there is!

#8 Posted by Ms. Omega (4426 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him because he's human in that I mean he is among all these super powered/god like beings he manages to keep up with them. I really admire that in his character he never gives up despite the situation he keeps on going.

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

BECUASE HE IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!

And Superman sucks!!!!

Even Lois can beat him, domestic violence kicks ass!!!

#10 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

What if it's subliminal 0_o

#11 Posted by cvpunk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Bat because he's simpler. His motives are clear, and the his stories don't need to be over the top to be very compelling

#12 Posted by fizzyo (33 posts) - - Show Bio

His gadgets, detective skills, and resilience.

#13 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of his will power, he's very inspiring to me, that after past a so big tragedy instead turning evil like the rest of them , he trained and promised to protect Gotham's people to they never past thought what he did.......plus he's rich, super-handsome and very awesome

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

LOL So true ................

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6585 posts) - - Show Bio

Becuz he's batman.

#15 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Becuz he's batman.
#16 Posted by jonijavier (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: best collection of images. :D hahaha I think one of my favorite replies to the thread. :D

#17 Posted by batgirlbabe91 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman because to me he symbolizes how great human kind can be and the potential that all of us have.

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jodez said:

Pretty much. I like Batman well enough, but his bad guys are what make me pick up his book every month.

#19 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets things done.

#20 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

bc he is a modern day ninja , a genius detective, and throws down with the most twisted and evil characters ever and comes out on top

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else can make rubber nipples look good?

#22 Posted by nickzambuto (13334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause he got bat-swag

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

BECUASE HE IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!

And Superman sucks!!!!

Even Lois can beat him, domestic violence kicks ass!!!

Both Superman and Batman are great. Its bias to put out one photo of Superman in a compromising situation.

Theres a reason why they are called the world's finest.

#24 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7711 posts) - - Show Bio

His villains is what makes him. IMO anyways.

#25 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: That dont change the fact he let Lois abuse him!!!!

#26 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

becouse he has the best freakin family:D in all seriosness i like Batman for how he interacts with other characters

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: its silly comics in the silver age. remember those scenes where robin hops into bed with batman? Its the golden and silver age, no one takes them seriously.

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: This is no Silver Age material, also the most powerfull Superman was Silver Age Superman.

This is 70 and 80s material, when Green Arrow and Green Lantern team up.

#29 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman because he has awesome gadgets, he's a genius, he's the worlds greatest detective so there is always mystery to his stories, he has no powers, and even though he is super rich and everything he still has problems to deal with just like the rest of us.

#30 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

the best rouge gallery and he can beat anyone

#31 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Motif, represent human ideals and somewhat grounded... its a formula really

#32 Edited by Booster_Bronze (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is a character where you're not sure (and neither is he) whether Batman or Bruce Wayne is the alter-ego. He is so conflicted that his hobby of crime fighting has become an obsession and that he's so deep into it that I think Batman is the real him by this point. Plus, he's so full of grief over his parents' deaths that he is constantly fighting crime to make up for it, but never succeeds (kinda like trying to fill a cup that has a hole in the bottom with water; No matter how much you pour in, it never seems to fill up). So the conflict is a key part of why I love the character.

#33 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8792 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's the character that can have any adventure and make it fun to read.

#34 Posted by turg0n82 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the most human character of the DCU..the most broken, the one that rose from his ashes. He also has the best archenemy AND he made a plan to actually incapacitate every member of the JLA...not too shabby for a human

#35 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

he has the best stories, character development, supporting cast and villians.

his detective skills, the way he is a dick, his gadgets, and the way he uses his brain. its just too big of a list, simply put:

he is just bad ass.

#36 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03 said:

his detective skills, the way he is a dick, his gadgets, and the way he uses his brain. its just too big of a list, simply put:

he is just bad ass.

The Ultimate Bad Ass Actually!!!

#37 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

My love of Batman come from Gotham. There's something about the setting of Gotham City that I fell in love with years ago reading stories like Year One, TLH and Hush--it represents, to me, what the world is really like below all the niceties that lay on the surface, with Batman being that part of it that resembles vengeance and cold justice. It's the only fictional place that can really pull me out of reality for a bit and where I feel the world is well-developed enough to seem convincingly parallel to reality even with absurd characters running around and crazy events happening. Batman is such a huge part of what Gotham is and Gotham is absolutely a huge part of Batman, so I cannot separate the two in my mind.

#38 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman was one of the superheros i was brought up with as a kid.... thats mainly why i have always considered him my favorite hero....I was never brought up with superman, hulk, daredevil, ironman or the others..... usually when you watch shows like batman for example and like it...thats what gets you hooked on to it.

#39 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Jodez said:

Pretty much. I like Batman well enough, but his bad guys are what make me pick up his book every month.

My thoughts exactly.

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@NEEK_03 said:

he is just bad ass.

The Ultimate Bad Ass Actually!!!

Actually, Private Hudson is the ultimate badass!

#40 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i love batman because he is behind all the gadgets and money he is a normal guy and kicks ass. plus he is too awesome not to love

#41 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the image of what a regular human being can achieve when they devote their body, mind, heart and soul to a single cause. We live in a world where we constantly believe we are incapable of achieving our goals and our dreams. Batman is a symbol that we can achieve anything, should it sit within our heart. Not only that, but he is so selfless in the sense that he devoted his life to ensuring that the crime that destroyed his childhood and his normal life does not befall anyone else. He is so riddled by the anguish of his childhood, that he punishes himself, night after night, in a sort of means for penance. He believes his parents died because of him - why else would he have been spared?

Not to mention he is the most awe-inspiring hero. No other hero can be taken as seriously as Batman could - because Batman could exist in our world.

#42 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is a broken character but damn... he gave me hope, he showed me that everything is possible if you fight for it! And because he is soooo cute!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.