Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why do people say John Blake became Nightwing/Robin when he

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

actually became Batman. C'mon guys, it's obvious. His name was Robin but it was a reference, the symbol was Batman. It's only logical and pretty obvious that he was the next Batman.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By clemj

....................................... woah, nice idea

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102

There might've been a chance he created his own mantle afterwards so he wouldn't be stepping into shoes he might not be able to fill... I mean, how much training or skills did he have by the end of that movie for him to pass off as Batman?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Maybe, who knows.
    BB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a Nolan movie, he won't become Robin or Nightwing. Nolan has this said over 1000000 times.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Alexander505

Blake is not Robin. Blake is the new Batman of the Gotham City.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

Hmm, never really thought of it that way... :P

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrimsonCake

I'm thinking that he may modify the costume a bit.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger

Why are we speculating about something we're never going to see?

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dracade102 said:

There might've been a chance he created his own mantle afterwards so he wouldn't be stepping into shoes he might not be able to fill... I mean, how much training or skills did he have by the end of that movie for him to pass off as Batman?

In reality, how much training time did Bruce have in the 1st one to be Batman.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

he didn't become either....he found the cave and that was it, the movie ended....saying he became Batman is speculation and saying he became Robin is speculation...if you say that he did either of them you're both wrong and right

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

He didn't become ether, the film ended

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

He didn't become Robin but he may be the next Batman.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Vortex13

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@Dracade102 said:

Um, years. He wasn't only trained by the league of shadows he had prior training obviously because he had skill enough to fight off five other prisoners. He seemed to have spent a fair amount of time with Ra's too because he had built a strong friendship with him, which to me takes awhile.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

It seriously confounds and disturbs me that people legitimately think he'd become anything other than Batman.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wait, there's actually some kind of debate surrounding this? It was abundantly clear he was going to replace Wayne as Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Wait, there's actually some kind of debate surrounding this? It was abundantly clear he was going to replace Wayne as Batman.

Exactly. Though his days as Batman would end on his first day.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13 said:

@Dracade102 said:

Um, years. He wasn't only trained by the league of shadows he had prior training obviously because he had skill enough to fight off five other prisoners. He seemed to have spent a fair amount of time with Ra's too because he had built a strong friendship with him, which to me takes awhile.

Personally I just wasn't as wowed by the league of shadows as others are. From watching the 3 movies, I believe Lucius Fox was more important than any League of Shadows training. As long as Blake has him, I don't see why his GothamPD training wouldn't suffice.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By RedOwl_1

LET ME DREAM!!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He didnt "become" Robin/the Sidekick, he "was" Robin/the Sidekick throughout the movie. The ending is pointed towards the idea of him "becoming" Batman. The symbolism of Blake literally "Rising" at the end (get it? Batman Rises) is unavoidable.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By minigunman123

He should make his own persona and call himself Nightwing.

Oh, wait...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal19

i think people should just erase that blasphemous attempt at a nod to nightwing and robin fans from there minds

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LuigiBat

@Vortex13 said:

@Dracade102 said:

It is said in the film that after Joe Chill was murdered Bruce disappeared for 7 years. I think some people assume that Bruce spent these 7 years with the League of Shadows in training, but to me this doesn't seem at all realistic. I'd wager he spent 3-4 years with the League with the other years spent randomly globe-trotting and picking up random skills (I also think he probably took part in some forms of martial arts training when growing up after his parent's deaths, no doubt Alfred would've thought it a good way to channel Bruce's anger), anything more than 3-4 years seems a little too much as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Nolan left it up to the audience's imagination to figure out what might've happened next. He pretty much says that Blake will be the next Batman, it's up to us to discern how he gets trained. I imagine that Blake would get help from Fox in his training, with Lucius developing some kind of augmented reality training system to help hone Blake's skills.

batarin3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batarin3

I think he would play a better Robin then Batman. For some weird reason personally I can not see him has the next Batman , he is lacking in all the characteristics Batman has that makes him Batman. Then again i didn't really care for Christian Bale acting as Batman in all three films , simply because i didn't like the way he changed his voice when he was the Batman verse when he was Bruce Wayne. In all if the do a reboot as you claim they are , I would like to see a all new cast , Director , writer , and just everything should be new. They should follow the comic books too , I bet the movie would turn out way better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.