Why do I get insulted for hating Batman?

  • 106 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

#2 Edited by SmashBrawler (5743 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey!

Aquaman's cool.

#3 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Just ignore them its all a matter of personal taste

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by MatKrenz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

How can people force you to like Batman ? Are they throwing comics, movies, cartoons and video games at you ?

#6 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman does suck. Bruce wayne is a paranoid character who I can not get into. Aquaman is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne: It's not really paranoia If everyone is really out to get you

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, it happens. Just ignore them.

#9 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

i like both

#10 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a lot of fans (me included). Some people do get a bit over the top though.

#11 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you start this thread when you already know the answer?

Fanboys gonna be fanboys. angry people gonna be angry people.

Angry fanboys are gonna be angry fanboys.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

"I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman." The hell is that supposed to mean?

#13 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

"I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman." The hell is that supposed to mean?

Clearly, he thinks that all of the Aquamen are better than Batman. You know, because there are so many of them.

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Because a lot of people who go on about how they hate Batman are contrarians and don't actually give half the sh*t they claim to give.

Some are, some aren't.

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON:

You like Aquaman? Cool. He's awesome. You don't like someone/thing with a large and loyal fanbase? Cool. Keep it to yourself. Don't megaphone it, especially not in thread form. Thats like throwing your dislike in our faces and baiting flames. Popular characters get a lot of hate. Opinions are not facts. You'll get lumped in with the haters if you don't articulate your thoughts than "I hate Batman".

And I'm not sure who these people are that "force" you to like Batman....

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you not like him?

Did you know his parents are dead?

WHY DO YOU HATE ORPHANS!

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

Just how it goes.

#18 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Why hate Batman? I mean no problem if you dislike him, no problem just don't read or follow him. But why ba a Batman hater. Or any kinda hater at all? If you prefer other characters cool, if you dislike bat, no one should be jumping down on you. But hate him, what's up with that?

#19 Posted by Joygirl (19984 posts) - - Show Bio

Three good reasons that Batman is awesome and you are incorrect for not appreciating him to your fullest capability: 1. He is vengeance. 2. He is the night. 3. He... is... BATMAN.

#20 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

People tend to take offense when you use their favorite hero and "hate" in the same sentence. Not saying they should, but it does seem to happen. For instance, I've mentioned on several occasions how much I hate Hal Jordan...

#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

"I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman." The hell is that supposed to mean?

Clearly, he thinks that all of the Aquamen are better than Batman. You know, because there are so many of them.

Lol, I wasn't going in that direction, but yeah, that too.

#22 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

At least you have originality, my friend.

#23 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

At least you have originality, my friend.

Because its totally original to hate on Batman. *sarcasm*

#24 Posted by GothamCityRogues (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's entitled to their opinion

Just ignore it is what I do

#25 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason: What I meant in my comment, voice of reason, is that compared to the the hordes of Batman fans, and against all the Batman media we are being fed by DC/Warner, he is still able to think for himself and find a character that he likes.

That counts as originality.

But that isn't to say that you can't find unique reasons to be a Batman fan. But whatever. =|

#26 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

welcome to the internet

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

You hate a fictional character?

#28 Posted by bizarrosplace (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I help out at the local comic shop and I catch absolute hell for not being a Batman fan. It probably does not help matters to be a Superman fan. When I say I catch hell I mean it turns into a complete bashing. Most of the time they start asking me why and if I read any Batman stories. I have read a lot of Batman and just not a fan. People can't believe it and will not let it go. My boss thinks it funny and kills himself laughing.

#29 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

How can you not like him?

Did you know his parents are dead?

WHY DO YOU HATE ORPHANS!

This made me chuckle.

#30 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Mildly lol'd.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Because a lot of people who go on about how they hate Batman are contrarians and don't actually give half the sh*t they claim to give.

Some are, some aren't.

This.

A lot of people simply hate Batman because he's popular. Some of them even admit that they simply dislike how popular he is, and are sick of him. It's not really fair to dislike something solely because other people like it; imagine if people felt that way about toilet paper, we'd be knee-deep in sh*t then!

#31 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

@TheCrowbar said:

How can you not like him?

Did you know his parents are dead?

WHY DO YOU HATE ORPHANS!

This made me chuckle.

ROFL

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fans have a hard time with people not excepting their god.

In all seriousness Batman has alot of fans ALOT of fans, and some fans take offense to someone talking poorly about their favorite character.

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

You hate a fictional character?

Yes.

I'm sure you can't possibly comprehend the peasants in this thread who squabble over such trivial things, but yes.

People can hate and love fictional things.

I'm sure you don't understand, given how much better you are than everyone else.

#34 Posted by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I frown everytime I read the word "hate", Its a strong word that is severely overused everytime someone dislike something, but you have the right to your opinion ofcourse, I also agree that alot of the time people just want to go against the stream and dislike him just because of how popular he is wich is kinda childish.

Online
#35 Posted by TheThe (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

"I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman." The hell is that supposed to mean?

Clearly, he thinks that all of the Aquamen are better than Batman. You know, because there are so many of them.

Lol, I wasn't going in that direction, but yeah, that too.

Maybe he was refering to the writer's run or the media airing Aquaman ? Speaking for myself, i do feel compassion for Geoff Johns's Aquaman because in the books people make fun of him, but i dont like his personality at all. In the other hand, i'm in love with The brave and the bold + JL & JLU versions of Aquaman.

#36 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

People tend to take offense when you use their favorite hero and "hate" in the same sentence. Not saying they should, but it does seem to happen. For instance, I've mentioned on several occasions how much I hate Hal Jordan...

I hate Hal Jordan too, do you think we should create a hate club?

#37 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Batman, I hate the overzealous fanboys that think he's literally unbeatable. I will say all popular characters have fans like that though, and yes I hate them too.

#38 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Reignmaker said:

People tend to take offense when you use their favorite hero and "hate" in the same sentence. Not saying they should, but it does seem to happen. For instance, I've mentioned on several occasions how much I hate Hal Jordan...

I hate Hal Jordan too, do you think we should create a hate club?

It'd be pretty successful I think.

#39 Edited by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't tell to any batman fanboys how much you hate him and you will be safe.

#40 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

as a bat fan i can not understand how you can hate him?

you have your opinions but still!really?

#41 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

don't hate the character, hate the writers

dang miller for giving batfans the idea that he can punch superman

grrrr

#42 Posted by SynysterBear (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

I wouldn't listen to em. You should just go with what you like.

#43 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I think batman is a joke too. in my mind one of the lamest vigilante characters (is he really a vigilante?) in comics

#44 Edited by BlackWind (6374 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

So do I. Batman, while awesome needs to know his place. I hate his overzealous fans and biased writers, not the character.

Online
#45 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

See, already this thread is starting to prove how some people just go over the top. The OP did not say people are forcing him to like Batman -- only that WANT to. Snarky comments are for what exactly?

And this thread is barely in its third page and already there have been accusations of hating on the character, (again, read the OP) and even making fun of the character the OP prefers over Batman.

Grow up.

#46 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Because you have the audacity to have your own opinion.

#47 Posted by SmashBrawler (5743 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@THORSON said:

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

See, already this thread is starting to prove how some people just go over the top. The OP did not say people are forcing him to like Batman -- only that WANT to. Snarky comments are for what exactly?

And this thread is barely in its third page and already there have been accusations of hating on the character, (again, read the OP) and even making fun of the character the OP prefers over Batman.

Grow up.

I've yet to see anyone make fun of Aquaman, if that's the character you're referring to. I'm quite certain anyone who has said they like Aquaman or prefer him over Batman are completely serious.

#48 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

because they are insecure.

#49 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@lykopis said:

@THORSON said:

Why do people want to force me to like Batman?

I honestly prefer any Aquaman over Batman

See, already this thread is starting to prove how some people just go over the top. The OP did not say people are forcing him to like Batman -- only that WANT to. Snarky comments are for what exactly?

And this thread is barely in its third page and already there have been accusations of hating on the character, (again, read the OP) and even making fun of the character the OP prefers over Batman.

Grow up.

I've yet to see anyone make fun of Aquaman, if that's the character you're referring to. I'm quite certain anyone who has said they like Aquaman or prefer him over Batman are completely serious.

I do think the OP is serious about liking Aquaman over Batman, I was referring the the speculation by other posters as to why the OP did like Aquaman more. Re-reading the thread, you are right though --- neither were making fun of Aquaman. Overtly anyway.

#50 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Reignmaker said:

People tend to take offense when you use their favorite hero and "hate" in the same sentence. Not saying they should, but it does seem to happen. For instance, I've mentioned on several occasions how much I hate Hal Jordan...

I hate Hal Jordan too, do you think we should create a hate club?

It'd be pretty successful I think.

I'll start a thread now in the general section, but it probably won't live long.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.