Why can't any Batman show live up to TAS?

#1 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League came very close, but the others sucked IMO.

• The Batman, didn't like it at all. Too many things wrong with that.
  • Brave and The Bold, quite good, like the SA tone but didn't care that much
  • Justice League came close, but was a bit more light hearted
  • Batman Beyond came close again, but TAS had better stories IMO

Can Beware the Batman live up to it or do anything?

EDIT: Justice League didn't suck.

#2 Posted by MasterDetective (802 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha@comicdude23 said:

Can Beware the Batman live up to it ?

hahahahaha!

#3 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: obsessive little bugger arent you

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia.

#5 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

Troll.

#6 Edited by MasterDetective (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

I agree.

Be careful with the word bugger though, in the UK it's very rude

#7 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

@JohnnyWalker said:

Be careful with the word bugger, in the UK it's very rude, I don't know if Comicdude is british

I wasn't born in the UK but I live in the UK. It's offensive to me.

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

hahaha@comicdude23 said:

Can Beware the Batman live up to it ?

hahahahaha!

That's everyone's initial thoughts. But with every other Batman show, I gave it a chance. I see no reason why I shouldn't give the new one a chance.

#9 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective: @comicdude23: doesnt it mean annoying person?

#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: LMAO. You're using a word to which you're not even sure what it means.

#11 Edited by MasterDetective (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@MasterDetective: @comicdude23: doesnt it mean annoying person?

It does in the US, but not in the UK (I've seen this on TvTropes, I'm not even a native english speaker...) :P

#12 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: 'used to describe someone or something whose behaviour is in some way displeasing' straight off the wikipedia. aka annoying person. so shup up.

#13 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, this is like your second or third Batman related post TODAY. There's nothing wrong with stating your opinions but you are starting to come across as obsessive and a little obnoxious. Maybe you would benefit from stepping away from the computer for a few hours.

#14 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Back to the topic. I think no show can match TAS series because for a lot of readers under 30, it was there first and original introduction to Batman via animation. Its hard to beat what you grew up with. I hope that Beware the Batman is good but I don't think it will be better.

#15 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

Dude, this is like your second or third Batman related post TODAY. There's nothing wrong with stating your opinions but you are starting to come across as obsessive and a little obnoxious. Maybe you would benefit from stepping away from the computer for a few hours.

Ok, you're probably right.

#16 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

It was the first animated Batman show for a lot of people (including myself) and you never forget your first.

#17 Posted by SupBatz (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

TAS is great but that doesn't mean no Batman show will ever be better. I thought Justice League was pretty on par with it. And The Batman had it's moments. I'm not too hopeful for Beware the Batman but hopefully it'll surrise me.

#18 Posted by Wolfrazer (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

Because in TAS, Batman was an actual street character and at some points he was on the ropes. Once you start introducing super powered beings, then Batman becomes unbeatable otherwise he would be dead within the first 10 minutes of fighting an actual super powered villain.

#19 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked 2005 batman cartoon

better than 90;s TAS

#20 Posted by SupBatz (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: To be fair, I don't think that was the real reason for TAS' sucess. I mean, Batman did take on some pretty (super)-powerful characters in TAS (Clayface, Bane, Man-Bat, and Poison Ivy come to mind). Most Batman media shows Batman taking on super powered beings who are normally out of the league of a normal human.

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most people can't see past their childhood nostalgia.

#22 Edited by Wolfrazer (6102 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupBatz said:

@Wolfrazer: To be fair, I don't think that was the real reason for TAS' sucess. I mean, Batman did take on some pretty (super)-powerful characters in TAS (Clayface, Bane, Man-Bat, and Poison Ivy come to mind). Most Batman media shows Batman taking on super powered beings who are normally out of the league of a normal human.

Ya but those weren't like BIG super villains, talking more along the lines of like Darksied and all them ones that have deadly powers and all that. But for the most part in TAS, Batman never took on anything huge unlike in the JL/JLU and beyond that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.