When The Batman came out, all fans were like

"This is sh*t, TNBA was better"

When Batman the Brave and the Bold came out, all fans were like

"This is sh*t, The Batman was better"

Now that Batman the Brave and the Bold is over, all fans are like

"OMG BTB looks horrible, BTBATB was a lot better"

Q.E.D

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't the new Batman adventures the same show as the Animated Series?

#3 Edited by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a dumb reason.

#4 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: what are you talking about? a lot of people on CVdont like the batman. to this day.

@ultrastarkiller: yep. they continued TAS with a different art style.

#5 Posted by flazam (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really understand all the BRBS AND BBATB bit confusing

#6 Posted by MasterDetective (831 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by HumanRocket (7807 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one I really didn't like was the brave and the bold but aren't the animated and the new adventures the same thing?

#8 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective said:

When The New Batman Adventures came out, all fans were like

"This is sh*t, Batman TAS was better"

Q.E.D

1) IT WILL 3-D!!! Complete with over-unusually distorted facial shape and expressions, as most CGI cartoons, including Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Star Wars: the Clone Wars, Green Lantern, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, usually does.

2) Most cartoons these days, with only few rare exceptions, tends to over-make sure its demographics are the Elementary-age children; anyone above 13 who gives them a watch nowadays, would probably feel it's talking "down" on them.

3) Its unusual, unconventional, decision of choice of characters; Katana rather than Robin, and Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, ect.

#9 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have zero interest in Beware the Batman. It's not a bad idea and it'll probably be decent. I just feel like DC Animation doesn't flesh out its ideas anymore. Its last few shows all ended way too soon. Why should I get invested in their latest off-the-wall idea, when it will probably only survive for one and a half seasons?

#10 Posted by MasterDetective (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove:

I'm aware of all of that, but we can't say anything 'til it aired

#11 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid reason

#12 Edited by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always weary when shows/movies are pushed back from their original schedule.

Staff
#13 Edited by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

It has Anarky. I'll watch it.

BB

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

I will watch it though. I haven't watched any Batman animated show besides the original BTAS and a couple of episodes of The Batman and it seems like this show has potentials to be great.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

So I didn't get your argument?

#16 Edited by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

TNBA sucked when held against the original series, and The Batman sucked in general, and Batman the Brave and the Bold was barely a Batman show (it was good but still).

#17 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

BB

As the main villain (yes, villain), and from every place I've heard, going to be played completely and contradictingly opposite than what he originally stood for.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (18311 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a bad argument. All it really does is imply that the show will suck, and the next Batman show after that will suck more.

#19 Posted by StrangeMan (410 posts) - - Show Bio

That isn't a very good argument, but it's not worse than the ones that try to explain why the show's gonna suck.

For now, we can't really tell if it's gonna be good or bad, and I have yet to see a coherent explanation on why someone thinks the show's gonna be bad.

#20 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by MasterDetective (831 posts) - - Show Bio

it's just a theory guys...

#22 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I want some other character tv shows. Spread it around DC.

#23 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: Ya your right but it would be good if it was in the same universe as GL

#24 Edited by MuyJingo (1650 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove said:

2) Most cartoons these days, with only few rare exceptions, tends to over-make sure its demographics are the Elementary-age children; anyone above 13 who gives them a watch nowadays, would probably feel it's talking "down" on them.

That's exactly why I couldn't get into Green Lantern TAS. It was just too obviously aimed at kids. YJ was such a nice surprise with the layers of complexity. Unfortunatly, I see this new Batman cartoon as being closer to another CGI kids thing than anything decent.

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@ngroove said:

That's exactly why I couldn't get into Green Lantern TAS. It was just too obviously aimed at kids. YJ was such a nice surprise with the layers of complexity. Unfortunatly, I see this new Batman cartoon as being closer to another CGI kids thing than anything decent.

I'm 20 and I liked GLTAS, sure it wasn't very 'complex' but it wasn't childish too, it had mature themes and a good plot line. I loved the YJ in the 1st season but too much unnecessary plots were crammed in the 2nd season.

#26 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

When The New Batman Adventures came out, all fans were like

"This is sh*t, Batman TAS was better"

Q.E.D

- Your entire premise is false, try again.

#27 Edited by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove said:

@billy_batson said:

BB

As the main villain (yes, villain), and from every place I've heard, going to be played completely and contradictingly opposite than what he originally stood for.

He was a villain when he first debuted?

BB

#28 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

HATED Brave and the bold. Could sit through it, it was just awful and I even liked Adam West batman so campy i can deal with lol

BTAS was just great period lol The new adventures was like season 4 i believe of TAS just a different animation style. New adventures was in the same style of Batman Beyond, JL, JLU

Batman Beyond is also really good and holds up(a few continuity issues with characters like inque, she makes an appearance after her "death" but not addressed how)

The Batman was good for the most part, still laugh how they squared bruce's chin in the final one or two seasons XD

=_= Beware the batman I'll give a shot but the art style is terrible, I'm not sure what character designer thought that was a successful look to stick with.

#29 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove said:

@billy_batson said:

BB

He was a villain when he first debuted?

BB

A messed-up kid who was willing to harm people, establishments that got in the way of his views, needed help yes, but what I'm saying, is the show is going to play him as the main villain - "bad guy" - cartoons these days - aimed for demographic - does not portray their characters with complexity.

#30 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman the Brave and the Bold is one of my all time favorite Animated shows and I wish it was still on. How Dare you dis it! On topic though, Beware the Batman I don't think will be good or bad. I'll watch it but I'm expecting nothing but average which is what I think I will get.

#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove:

Heard Amon from Avatar was doing good.

BB

#32 Posted by lionellaflare (17 posts) - - Show Bio

The most you can do is sigh, and pretend its still in the animation style you prefer, and hear the voices you prefer. Take the stories they tell at face value, and move on.
Enjoy the content you get, or you get nothing. In particular, I'm not enjoying the newest runs of the Batman comics (tried a few different comic titles, haven't found the one I want to read yet)
All the earlier batman stuff with the crappy little purple gloves; I dislike alot.

#33 Posted by DarthAznable (6576 posts) - - Show Bio

I like New Adventures of Batman WAY more than the original animated series seasons. WAY more. I also liked Brave and the Bold but lost track.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.