Why Batman Is Bad For Gotham

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27422 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

bunch of boring idiots. time successfully wasted.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27422 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

bunch of boring idiots. time successfully wasted.

pointless statement that doesn't contribute to the discussion, time successfully wasted
#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't bothered to look at whatever it is that is going probably going to waste my time.

I am going to say this. Batman leaves Gotham, Gotham will be overrun by villains like No Man's Land.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:

I haven't bothered to look at whatever it is that is going probably going to waste my time.

I am going to say this. Batman leaves Gotham, Gotham will be overrun by villains like No Man's Land.

Just watch the video, it's not a waste of time
#6 Posted by BigCimmerian (7572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I agree, other than that he defeated coruption among the cops and he drastically reduced number of gangs and street crimes

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid.

#8 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is obviously bad for Gotham, but if he cleaned it up, he wouldn't have any good stories to tell.

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13924 posts) - - Show Bio

I AM BATMAN

/end thread

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That was decently enlightening.

#11 Posted by bbraich (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the end game to all this is Batman has been responsible for saving the WORLD from threats that he was not responsible for (unlike the Joker), so in a sense he's good for Gotham cause Gotham wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Batman.

Just take a look at a villain like Ra's, unlike other Bat villains he has been around for thousands of years so Batman is by no means responsible for him.

I agree his effect on street crime seems to be negligible, only seeming to shift crime from mob bosses like Falconi and Maroney to "freaks" like the Joker and Scarecrow.

#12 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

3 Words: Dark Knight Returns.

Read that, and almost all of the argument is thrown away.

#13 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

3 Words: Dark Knight Returns.

Read that, and almost all of the argument is thrown away.

QFT!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.