Why Batman In 'Justice League' Makes Sense

#1 Posted by comicsanity016 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

http://bit.ly/PuyHa2 I'm not a huge fan of the news that Batman will appear first in Justice League but I kind of get it. Let people know right away it's the exact opposite of what Nolan was doing. I think the best thing to do in JL would be to tease Batman and only show him in a few scenes and actions sequences. Let fans get a feel for him and want to see more.

#2 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you'll get people going to this film in the cinema, that will think it's the same Batman from Nolans films, can just imagine people going "wait, wasn't Christian Bale batman?"

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. We're going to see a whole new Batman here.

#4 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Not too thrilled about Batman being in the JL, but if it's gunna happen I would rather see him in the end credits or something.

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

For me,That's kind of a good thing,I mean, I love Nolan's batman but I want to see a batman that resembles his comic book counterpart a little more.

#6 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@comicdude23 said:

For me,That's kind of a good thing,I mean, I love Nolan's batman but I want to see a batman that resembles his comic book counterpart a little more.

this!

i would really love to see a watchmen style movie with batman. They better have the grey costume in this one!!!

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24676 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear a lot of people saying they don't want to see Batman in the Justice League movie since this was announced but you all know fans would freak the hell out if Batman wasn't in it. And he will not be a cameo appearance he'll get top billing right next to Superman because those are DC's 2 biggest properties and from a purely business perspective they'd be insane to down play Batman.

#8 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

When start the Batman's reboot and the JLA movie, many people will not agree. However, the Nolan's Batman is beautiful, but there need a Batman more close to the original.

#9 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

It does make sense in some regards to reboot Batman in the JLA movie, but I can't help but feel that the decision to make the JLA film was a knee-jerk reaction to the success of the Avengers movie. Were it not for that film's success I don't think DC and Warner Bros would have even seriously considered a JLA movie. I think they're taking a big risk in only establishing one character, Superman (in the Man of Steel film due for release next year), before making the JLA movie. I get that they don't want to be seen to completely copy what Marvel have done but lets face it, what Marvel has done/are doing works. They established the main characters of the Avengers movie before making it so everyone knew what was going on. I'm not saying DC has to do the same for each member of JLA, they could probably ignore Martian Manhunter and they could do to Green Lantern what Joss Whedon did with Hulk in the Avengers (basically acknowledge that the previous film happened but completely change the character and actor used in the role), but it seems a bit risky to not give audiences any real knowledge of the characters before grouping them all together in one movie.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1699 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea. What Marvel did for the Avengers (introducing each character with their own films) was a brilliant idea. But it seems DC is trying the reverse of that. Start out with the team film and then perhaps give each (or a few) of the characters their own films (tied in to the JL film continuity) after the release of JL. I think that could work out well but it would all depend on the success of the JL film.

#11 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

I like the idea. What Marvel did for the Avengers (introducing each character with their own films) was a brilliant idea. But it seems DC is trying the reverse of that. Start out with the team film and then perhaps give each (or a few) of the characters their own films (tied in to the JL film continuity) after the release of JL. I think that could work out well but it would all depend on the success of the JL film.

It could work but it'll become too confusing and messy if certain characters in the JLA movie (or rather the performances of the actors in certain roles) aren't received well. I mean what if they do a JLA movie and audiences simply don't like the performance of whoever is playing say Wonder Woman or The Flash? You can't really then proceed to give those characters their own movie with the same actors in the role, you'd pretty much be ensuring that the film wouldn't be a success.I know that actors can grow into roles and might do a lot better the 2nd time around but the general public don't think like that and most would simply see that its the same actor they thought was crap beforehand and therefore refuse to see the character's solo title.

#12 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I just feel sorry for Henry Cavill - some reports are saying Man of Steel won't be tied with the JL film, which means a different actor portraying Superman... Hope the film is tied with the DC Cinematic universe, because OTHER rumors floating around are saying that there is going to be a Wonder Woman reference in Man of Steel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.