Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23505 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why all the Nolan hate?

• 182 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By entropy_aegis

@batflasharrow96 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: I am getting very confused from everything you say and I think the same thing is happening to you. What I said was the opposite of what you just said. I'm saying that the problem I have with the Nolan films is that Batman isn't really Batman. I don't care if it's realistic or not. I'm saying that he isn't a detective. Batman in the comics thinks and talks like one. No offense but could you translate your english with something better. I'm not trying to be mean, please don't take it badly, It's just confusing both of us.

These are'nt crime stories,they're blockbusters.Infact i'm glad that Nolan wen't away from the whole mystery stuff,it's boring and cliched.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@entropy_aegis said:

@batflasharrow96 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: I am getting very confused from everything you say and I think the same thing is happening to you. What I said was the opposite of what you just said. I'm saying that the problem I have with the Nolan films is that Batman isn't really Batman. I don't care if it's realistic or not. I'm saying that he isn't a detective. Batman in the comics thinks and talks like one. No offense but could you translate your english with something better. I'm not trying to be mean, please don't take it badly, It's just confusing both of us.

These are'nt crime stories,they're blockbusters.Infact i'm glad that Nolan wen't away from the whole mystery stuff,it's boring and cliched.

Batman is more about the psychological background of the characters, that anything, i think that is why people likes him more that the other heroes.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Sydpart2
    @batflasharrow96: Dude, he did do a lot of detective work in both films, Batman Begins much more so. Seriously, he tracked down dirt on Falcone, he interrogated a suspect, he found where Scarecrow was hiding drugs, and he even found out who Scarecrow was without the dude revealing it. Look at The Dark Knight, he was doing detective work from the very beginning, hell he had the damn bank tapped to send a silent alarm right to his penthouse. He had facial recognition software running on Joker from his tape and some other identification software on the bank robbers. He was all over the city, listening to 911 calls which is how he found Joker's two victims before the police. Then there's the obvious example of how he got Melvin White's finger print and was able to find the police hostages...Seriously he did a ton of detective work in both films, they just didn't spell it out and give the whole Sherlock Holmes wrap up scene.
    Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By batflasharrow96

@Sydpart2: Fair enough. It's hard to explain. It's kind of that Batman isn't a detective internally if that makes sense. It's not about the work itself but just a character trait, Batman is a crime fighter, detective, etc. That's what I mean. It could be compared to the way Superman is a boy-scout, lol. You're probably confused, lol. By no means do I think the Nolan films are bad, I think they're fantastic pieces of work, I just don't love them as Batman movies.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#105  Edited By Samimista

Haters gonna hate.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batflasharrow96 said:

@Sydpart2: Fair enough. It's hard to explain. It's kind of that Batman isn't a detective internally if that makes sense. It's not about the work itself but just a character trait, Batman is a crime fighter, detective, etc. That's what I mean. It could be compared to the way Superman is a boy-scout, lol. You're probably confused, lol. By no means do I think the Nolan films are bad, I think they're fantastic pieces of work, I just don't love them as Batman movies.

What bring this questin back, what do you want of a Batman movie? and explain it.

@Sydpart2 said:

@batflasharrow96: Dude, he did do a lot of detective work in both films, Batman Begins much more so. Seriously, he tracked down dirt on Falcone, he interrogated a suspect, he found where Scarecrow was hiding drugs, and he even found out who Scarecrow was without the dude revealing it. Look at The Dark Knight, he was doing detective work from the very beginning, hell he had the damn bank tapped to send a silent alarm right to his penthouse. He had facial recognition software running on Joker from his tape and some other identification software on the bank robbers. He was all over the city, listening to 911 calls which is how he found Joker's two victims before the police. Then there's the obvious example of how he got Melvin White's finger print and was able to find the police hostages...Seriously he did a ton of detective work in both films, they just didn't spell it out and give the whole Sherlock Holmes wrap up scene.

Saddly that and Scooby Doo is what people belives detective work is.

charmed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By charmed1

Why the hate for Nolan.??? I am a long time Batman fan and I think its utterly ridiculous how over-rated his Batman films are. Now keep in mind I really like Nolans other films and as a director he is amazing. Nolan got caught too much in the uber-realism of his Batman universe and it hindered the films. Someone said because he didn`t say he was doing the films as they were in the comics thats an excuse to get things wrong. Well last time I checked the movies were Batman films and the characters are characters from the comics. When it comes to the criminal underworld of Gotham Nolan excels. Obviously he, like myself, grew up as a huge fan of the film noir genre. However he doesn`t really grasp the more fantastical concepts of Batman. He never did get the Joker right. I mean Ledger did a great job as a sociopath but it never came across as the Joker. Was it entertaining? YES. Was it a great Batman film? NO. It was an ok Batman film that is very well done.

He got the Joker wrong, he got Scarecrow wrong and the looks of the vehicles were utterly ridiculous.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charmed1 said:

Why the hate for Nolan.??? I am a long time Batman fan and I think its utterly ridiculous how over-rated his Batman films are. Now keep in mind I really like Nolans other films and as a director he is amazing. Nolan got caught too much in the uber-realism of his Batman universe and it hindered the films. Someone said because he didn`t say he was doing the films as they were in the comics thats an excuse to get things wrong. Well last time I checked the movies were Batman films and the characters are characters from the comics. When it comes to the criminal underworld of Gotham Nolan excels. Obviously he, like myself, grew up as a huge fan of the film noir genre. However he doesn`t really grasp the more fantastical concepts of Batman. He never did get the Joker right. I mean Ledger did a great job as a sociopath but it never came across as the Joker. Was it entertaining? YES. Was it a great Batman film? NO. It was an ok Batman film that is very well done.

He got the Joker wrong, he got Scarecrow wrong and the looks of the vehicles were utterly ridiculous.

ITS A MOVIE!!!!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to bring back this one, i mean i cant belive we still have haters and all that mythology thing.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i wonder if anyone hated bryan singer cz logan was not wearing a yellow spandex...

RedR0bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By RedR0bin

I personally am very excited for TDKR, but I also cannot wait for the trilogy to end. Nolan is an amazing director and if you look at all the Batman movies from just a filmography view, I don't think you can argue that. BUT, I feel that he limited himself from using all of the amazing villains that occupy Gotham. Just play the new Arkham City game if you doubt. Nevertheless I think the battle between Batman and Bane in the next movie is going to be epic, still kinda confused on what Catwoman's role is going to be though.

Avatar image for playstationfanboy
    PlaystationFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lotta people in this thread that I am questioning whether or not have ever picked up a comic book or seen the movies, this includes the guy who said Iron Man is a realistic take on the character.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent said:

i wonder if anyone hated bryan singer cz logan was not wearing a yellow spandex...

Yes, in the past it was a common thing.

@RedR0bin said:

I personally am very excited for TDKR, but I also cannot wait for the trilogy to end. Nolan is an amazing director and if you look at all the Batman movies from just a filmography view, I don't think you can argue that. BUT, I feel that he limited himself from using all of the amazing villains that occupy Gotham. Just play the new Arkham City game if you doubt. Nevertheless I think the battle between Batman and Bane in the next movie is going to be epic, still kinda confused on what Catwoman's role is going to be though.

Video games means Not Real People under the costume

Movie means Real people under the costume.

What works in a video game would never work in a movie, also in the video game you have to play it, so you dont notice some minor problems, thing that you would notice in a movie.

@PlaystationFanboy said:

There are a lotta people in this thread that I am questioning whether or not have ever picked up a comic book or seen the movies, this includes the guy who said Iron Man is a realistic take on the character.

Some people just dont understand, that some times things are not the way they think.

Or they just post things at random.

RedR0bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By RedR0bin

@DeathpooltheT1000: Yeah I get what you are saying. All I am saying is that with the game they made the villains seem very realistic and the story that is there works very well. Now I know that it would be hard to cast but I have full faith that Nolan could have figured out some way to incorporate some of these villains. The Penguin was a legit gangster in the game, not some cartoonish character like in Batman Returns. All of that said I think this movie is going to be excellent. I am just excited to see someone else get a crack a Batman in a few years.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedR0bin said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Yeah I get what you are saying. All I am saying is that with the game they made the villains seem very realistic and the story that is there works very well. Now I know that it would be hard to cast but I have full faith that Nolan could have figured out some way to incorporate some of these villains. The Penguin was a legit gangster in the game, not some cartoonish character like in Batman Returns. All of that said I think this movie is going to be excellent. I am just excited to see someone else get a crack a Batman in a few years.

Well Joel try that but the Studio hated his idea and "fixed" the "problem".

Joel Schumacher's original version of Batman Forever was much more in-line with the dark tone of the first two (with plans of later treatments proving even darker!), but Executive Meddling at WB saw severe cuts to make it more kid- and family-friendly. Several cut scenes show that Two-Face was a much more violent character (during the opening sequence, the Arkham doctor finds the bodies of two guards, along with a message, "The Bat Must Die," scrawled in blood on the wall), longer fight sequences and a subplot where Bruce gains his memory back after entering a subsection of the Batcave and confronting a giant human-sized bat.

He wanted Batman to be so dark, that even Frank Miller and Alan Moore would think, this guys is to dark and angsty for my taste.

That idea was better that this loved idea.

Darren Aronofsky's attempted reboot, Year One, would have been a much, much stranger take on the Bat-mythos than the eventual Batman Begins. In Aronofsky's script, the story revolves around Bruce Wayne writing letters to his dead father. Oh, and Wayne is a homeless psychopath whose only friends are a pair of mechanics named Big Al and Little Al. After he starts his crimefighting career by attempting to take on a corrupt police captain at a brothel (and gets royally schooled by the madam at the brothel, who will turn out to be Catwoman), he elects to start beating up low-level thugs (one scene has him cook up a homemade bomb after he's trapped in a men's washroom at a club by a group of thugs, and then systematically take out the now on-fire thugs one by one). He then creates his Batman disguise and enlists the help of Jim Gordon, who is one of the only two honest cops on the entire police force (and a cheating womanizer). The script's finale has Gordon and Batman taking on Commissioner Loeb, who is revealed to be the corrupt mastermind behind most of the city's underworld dealings. Loeb kidnaps Gordon's wife, Barbara, and Batman stops him. By throwing a knife into his eye. The script ends with Wayne and the two mechanics moving into Wayne Manor. As Batman-On-Film.com put it, "there was simply no way Warner Bros. was going to greenlight this script, as it would have been impossible to market it to the 'Average Joe' movie audience".

Darren is a nut job, also Black Swan actually was an anime from the year 98, i dont remember the name of the anime.

At least sound better that Frank Millers, The Spirit.

RedR0bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By RedR0bin

Well that one way to do batman i guess lol. Aronofsky's movies have always been strange to me. Since posting on this thread I have gone back and watched BB and TDK to refresh my outlook, and it's just renewed my love for Nolan. Where I would love to see a good version of a penguin or a poison ivy, the villains that he has chosen I think he has perfected. And after looking at Harvey Dent again I know that he would be able to put a "realistic" twist on a campy character.

I'm interested in what Gary Oldman said recently in an interview where there could be a Batman 4 & 5 with Nolan not directing but still overseeing.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedR0bin said:

Well that one way to do batman i guess lol. Aronofsky's movies have always been strange to me. Since posting on this thread I have gone back and watched BB and TDK to refresh my outlook, and it's just renewed my love for Nolan. Where I would love to see a good version of a penguin or a poison ivy, the villains that he has chosen I think he has perfected. And after looking at Harvey Dent again I know that he would be able to put a "realistic" twist on a campy character.

I'm interested in what Gary Oldman said recently in an interview where there could be a Batman 4 & 5 with Nolan not directing but still overseeing.

Well Chris Notarily from Blinky Studios did a fan film series about the Joker of the nolanverse, at the last once you see many Batman villains in a Nolanverse version.

His idea for Ivy was that she uses poisons and that are not actually her powers.

It works for me, since Ivy is to damn powerfull in the comics.

Also Nolan wanted to work with Arofkosky in Superman, so there is a chance that Batman 4 an 5 will be made by him, if this happens i just wish that Nolan controls Afofnosky crazyness.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Croaker

Hate?! If anything, I see more blind fanboy rage than hate. All in all, I think he is well appreciated.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Croaker

@joshmightbe said:

@The_Tree: I can understand why he'd want to exclude Robin my only problem is how dickish he and Bale were about dismissing the character. Its one thing to not mention the character they don't have to talk down to people for liking the character

My thoughts exactly. Bale is especially snobby/vain when the subject of introducing Robin comes up. It's one of the reasons I hope the next makers respect the source material a lot more.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Croaker said:

@joshmightbe said:

@The_Tree: I can understand why he'd want to exclude Robin my only problem is how dickish he and Bale were about dismissing the character. Its one thing to not mention the character they don't have to talk down to people for liking the character

My thoughts exactly. Bale is especially snobby/vain when the subject of introducing Robin comes up. It's one of the reasons I hope the next makers respect the source material a lot more.

Its a movie, you cant reest the comic, becuase you have to notice a movie would never work like a comic.

Also think about Robin, its a 12 years old kid jumping around punching people, Kick Ass show that was creppy and insane.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#121  Edited By joshmightbe

@DeathpooltheT1000: I pointed out that I fully understand their decision not to use Robin in the movie, thats not what bothers me it's the attitude they have towards fans of the character that's the issue I have. They don't want to use a character that's fine but they don't have to be dicks about it

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

ARE YOU NUTS??? >;O Thors a terrible film x3 I love Nolan tho

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By CATPANEXE

Mainly I think consumerism. Consumers are ingrained knowing or unknowing to be spoiled, and have a natural expectation to demand everything cater specifically to what they want.

Not pointing the finger either, this is just basic society for you and a culture that depends on money and trade product, especially given it's habit and it evolves into over time.

" Not taking things for granted " is a past drug, and also was easier to say when we weren't so spoiled in the first place. On a side note if you really think about this we every much have it made more than many people will acknowledge. In this hyper-fast digital order it now right on your doorstep cooks in three easy steps in one minute and feeds the family day an age where people are complacent beyond any reasonable level of expectation from both life and the hand that feeds, and most equally as dependent, everything no matter how much effort and how well done will fall short of that unreachable level of want established. All of this in that side note to me anyways is probably a good things actually, as opposed to if the majority of our lives were really as unsubstantial, unfair and terrible as many seem to believe they are retroactively on the comparison scale.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Dark Night is not only the best Batman story ever put on film, it's one of the best thrillers ever made. It transcends the source material. I'm sure there are still a few diehards out there that want to see the Animated Series translated frame for frame into live action, but they're a minority. Nolan made possibly the best film in the last ten years with The Dark Knight.

And I say this as someone who thinks 90% of DC is crap.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I don't like Nolan. And highly prefer the Burton films. Loved Dark Knight at first, but continued to watch it and around the 3rd or 4th time i watched it I realized it just wasn't that good and was highly overrated.

Now Batman and Batman Returns? I've seen them well over 10 times each, still love it.

But hey, that's just me.

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126  Edited By GamerGeek360

Nolan gets hate for the same reason a lot of really good stuff does, people need something to whine about. Some people honestly just like hating something because everyone else likes it. They are their own type of hipster, and it is evil.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By joshmightbe

Don't get me wrong I think Nolan is a great director and his Batman movies are the best Batman movies my complaint is small but I say its still a valid one. He doesn't want Robin in them thats fine but don't be an asshole to the fans of the character is all I ask

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: I pointed out that I fully understand their decision not to use Robin in the movie, thats not what bothers me it's the attitude they have towards fans of the character that's the issue I have. They don't want to use a character that's fine but they don't have to be Dicks about it

Hard to dont being a Dick about Robin, since the guys is a Dick, Dick Grayson....... and also thinks with his Dick.

@CATPANEXE said:

Mainly I think consumerism. Consumers are ingrained knowing or unknowing to be spoiled, and have a natural expectation to demand everything cater specifically to what they want.

Marvels gest love becuase he gives what people wants, pure random crap, i mean fans loved pretty lame films, First Class was hated by some fanboy, for the fact it decide to dont give them waht they wante and kiss their phat arses.

@Alexander Anderson said:

The Dark Night is not only the best Batman story ever put on film, it's one of the best thrillers ever made. It transcends the source material. I'm sure there are still a few diehards out there that want to see the Animated Series translated frame for frame into live action, but they're a minority. Nolan made possibly the best film in the last ten years with The Dark Knight.

And I say this as someone who thinks 90% of DC is crap.

I wish it was The Animated Series, they want, comic books being traslated frame by frame.

What makes no sense, since that was what Watchmen did and failed at the box officcee.

I love Nolan and i used to be a Marvel fan, until Nolan teach me, that he cares about the movie and characters.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I don't like Nolan. And highly prefer the Burton films. Loved Dark Knight at first, but continued to watch it and around the 3rd or 4th time i watched it I realized it just wasn't that good and was highly overrated.

Now Batman and Batman Returns? I've seen them well over 10 times each, still love it.

But hey, that's just me.

Dont worry, but i really think Joel Smumacher did a better job that Burton, during the late 90s and early 2000s, people hated me for the fact i pointed what Joel did well and Burton failed.

@GamerGeek360 said:

Nolan gets hate for the same reason a lot of really good stuff does, people need something to whine about. Some people honestly just like hating something because everyone else likes it. They are their own type of hipster, and it is evil.

I hate Twiligth, but i have a reason, many guys hated it becuase was popular what created the image that Twiligth hater are a bunch of people that hates popular things.

Is a very common thing, that people hate popular things for the fact that are popular.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By entropy_aegis

@RedR0bin said:

Penguin needed Grundy(sorry but what's the point of being an established villain if you need another established villain?),Hugo did nothing,Ivy was just Ivy,Bane was butchered badly,Dent was pointless,Freeze was still moaning about his wife,Clayface= used like a lame plot device,Deadshot was WTF.

The only characters done right were Harley,Ra's,Scarecrow and Talia.Joker was just dragged along for the sake of the story,he had no reason to be in either game.

Arkham is a treat for the Batfan,not the Batvillains.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By entropy_aegis

@joshmightbe said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: I pointed out that I fully understand their decision not to use Robin in the movie, thats not what bothers me it's the attitude they have towards fans of the character that's the issue I have. They don't want to use a character that's fine but they don't have to be dicks about it

LOL,I don't think Nolan ever was an A-hole about Robin,it was Bale I believe.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Croaker

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Croaker said:

@joshmightbe said:

Its a movie, you cant reest the comic, becuase you have to notice a movie would never work like a comic.

Also think about Robin, its a 12 years old kid jumping around punching people, Kick Ass show that was creppy and insane.

It's not like they have to follow it down to a letter. O'Donnell was in his 20s/30s when he got cast. Before anyone says anything; yes, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were pretty crappy, but not because of Robin's age.

The attitude is what bothers me. I don't recall Nolan specifically saying he doesn't like Robin, but because "Batman is still young", so in Nolanverse he doesn't get to the point of recruiting sidekicks (though, in DKR, Wayne is already 8 years older, so it sounds like an excuse). Bale, however, definitely has a problem with Robin in general.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By joshmightbe

Actually from a psychological standpoint the first Robin makes perfect sense, Bruce Wayne sees a kid around the same age he was when he lost his parents go through the same thing so he'd naturally feel a connection with Dick Grayson, and considering he was already half trained to be able to take the physical aspect of what Bruce does it wouldn't be that hard to believe he could take Dick's natural athletic ability and turn him into an exceptional fighter. And if you take the more modern origin of Robin into account Batman didn't want him to be a crime fighter at first, it was Dick's decision so since he was going to do it any way Bruce chose to train him so he wouldn't get himself killed doing it. And the movie being set 8 years after the last one that would have given Bruce time to met Dick and train him so it's possible that they could bypass Robin and have him introduced as Nightwing. So they wouldn't necessarily have to deal with having a 12 year old fighting thugs in the street

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Croaker said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Croaker said:

@joshmightbe said:

It's not like they have to follow it down to a letter. O'Donnell was in his 20s/30s when he got cast. Before anyone says anything; yes, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were pretty crappy, but not because of Robin's age.

The attitude is what bothers me. I don't recall Nolan specifically saying he doesn't like Robin, but because "Batman is still young", so in Nolanverse he doesn't get to the point of recruiting sidekicks (though, in DKR, Wayne is already 8 years older, so it sounds like an excuse). Bale, however, definitely has a problem with Robin in general.

8 years, in that time, Robin 1 could have join him, train with him and became Nigthwing, heck even give him time to have Robin 2 and the Death on the Family thing.

If you think about it, it could actually happen out of screen, since Nolan dont care that much for Robin.

@joshmightbe: There is a way that Dick and Jason could be part of the Nolanverse, both of them have skills, Dick for his family and his trip all over the world, Jason for his times on the streets, Tim is the only Robin it would made almost no sense, it would need to change is back story so he train to be an amazing figther for the fact he was a Batman fan, Robin would have being a suit they use to train, not to go with Batman, then they create his own persona and go to the streets.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#134  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@GamerGeek360 said:

Um. No.

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By GamerGeek360

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@GamerGeek360 said:

I hate Twiligth, but i have a reason, many guys hated it becuase was popular what created the image that Twiligth hater are a bunch of people that hates popular things.

Is a very common thing, that people hate popular things for the fact that are popular.

Ok, as hard as it is to even understand what you're saying there, I think I got it. Notice how I said "good stuff?" If you instantly bring up Twilight in your defense you obviously ignored what I typed. I'm just saying there are people who will instantly hate The Dark Knight just because everyone else really likes it. In my opinion, along with a quite a few other people (mainly critics), the movie's pretty great. The only reason people think there is a lot of hate for Nolan and his movies is because the haters are always the most vocal.@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@GamerGeek360 said:

Um. No.

I respect your opinion. I'm just saying mine.

And for all of the Nolan haters that hate him because of Batman, have you even seen his other movies?! I have seen all of them from Following to Inception. I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan and a huge Batman fan, but my favorite Nolan film is not a Batman one. It's The Prestige. That is an amazing movie that not a lot of people saw in theaters and that is a shame. If you don't like his Batman films, fine, but if you start hating on him as a director based solely on those, I don't want to hear it. Watch more of his movies and maybe I'll listen. Especially The Prestige and Memento.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GamerGeek360: People hate popular things, just for the fact those things are popular.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By NightFang3

Haters, gonna hate!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NightFang said:

Haters, gonna hate!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for thegoddambatman
    TheGoddamBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TheGoddamBatman

Nolan's only mistake is the ending of The Dark Knight

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#140  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Watchmen didn't fail at the Box Office
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well, I never understood all that hate against Nolan, to be honest. It's his own version of the Bat. So, what's wrong? He did what he did completely respectfully to the bat saga and he showed in many ways he did his study before the films. It's obvious. But, I have a friend he hates Nolan's films and his main point is the one everyone mentions in this thread, accuracy... Well, what can I say about that? I can't even find a proper argument...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phaedrusgr said:

Well, I never understood all that hate against Nolan, to be honest. It's his own version of the Bat. So, what's wrong? He did what he did completely respectfully to the bat saga and he showed in many ways he did his study before the films. It's obvious. But, I have a friend he hates Nolan's films and his main point is the one everyone mentions in this thread, accuracy... Well, what can I say about that? I can't even find a proper argument...

The fact he is not making comic books to the screen, they want batman have a giant coin on the Batcave, the Joker to be white by the whole Alan Moore origins and all that crp, even when they will hate it, because a comic book would never work out as a movie.

Some people cant understand that Burton did an amazingly bad job, so then they see Nolans they see the thing they belive it was Batman destroy by a more powerfull figure, Batman in the Burton films i The Punisher in a very lame costume, so many people belive Batman is that.

@spiderbat87 said:

It cost 130 000 000 bucks and made 181 000 000, it made oney but not that much.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#143  Edited By Billy Batson

can't believe this thread is still active.
    BB

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

It made double the amount that 300 did in it's early release and had the highest opening weekend of any Moor adaptation so far. it was the 5th largest opening at IMAX behind behind Transformers 2, Avatar, Dark Knight and Star Trek. It had the 7th largest opening of an R Rated film in North American history and had the 5th  largest opining in march of all time.       
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

It made double the amount that 300 did in it's early release and had the highest opening weekend of any Moor adaptation so far. it was the 5th largest opening at IMAX behind behind Transformers 2, Avatar, Dark Knight and Star Trek. It had the 7th largest opening of an R Rated film in North American history and had the 5th largest opining in march of all time.

And only won 51 millions bucks, less that the 60 millions buck that Johnny Depp won for the last POTC movie.

I love the movie and i hate that Hollywood, decide to use numbers to say if a movie was great, but the movie wasnt a money maker.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

It made double the amount that 300 did in it's early release and had the highest opening weekend of any Moor adaptation so far. it was the 5th largest opening at IMAX behind behind Transformers 2, Avatar, Dark Knight and Star Trek. It had the 7th largest opening of an R Rated film in North American history and had the 5th largest opining in march of all time.

And only won 51 millions bucks, less that the 60 millions buck that Johnny Depp won for the last POTC movie.

I love the movie and i hate that Hollywood, decide to use numbers to say if a movie was great, but the movie wasnt a money maker.

Of course it's not going to make as much money as POTC or any other family movie, it was Rated R, that cuts the aduance in half.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the world sucks and Cronenberg bring the Hate back. i have to bring this one back from the grave.

Saddly i like Cronenberg movies and i always had a good image of the guy.

ANOMALY0964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ANOMALY0964

Nolan's movie are to be viewed as a GRAPHIC NOVEL and do not have to fit into the continuity of the Batman Comics...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ANOMALY0964 said:

Nolan's movie are to be viewed as a GRAPHIC NOVEL and do not have to fit into the continuity of the Batman Comics...

Explain that to like the 20% of Batman fans.

ElGUitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ElGUitarist

The things that makes Batman one of the most popular superhero are two major factors:

2nd place: his rogues gallery.

1st: the plausibility of the Batman.

What made Batman so popular is that kids wanted to be Batman, because there is more of a chance they can be Batman than Superman or Wolverine. It was possible to be Batman. With hard work, and help from friends, you can be Batman. That is the most relatable aspect of the Batman in all this mythos: something happens to us, we're angry, we want to do something about it... if we work hard enough (remember, it isn't just the money that makes Batman), if we work hard enough and devote ourselves to the solution, we can accomplish it.

Joe Chill hurt a boy, just a boy, who would have thought he'd do anything about it?

THAT's relatable. THAT's Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.