Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23504 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why all the Nolan hate?

• 182 results
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

People talk badly of Nolan, but lets face it, his movies ultra destroy all the Marvel films, Thor is a good movie, but its overrated.

I mean, i know he is not doing the comic into the screen, but lets face it, you want movies that are like the comics?

Comics and movie are not the same, what works in a comic dont work in a movie.

No Caption Provided
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

It always happens to directors when they start doing too well. Look at all the Love Tarantino got because he was rolling out great film after great film, then people started to bash him for no apparent reason, same thing happened to Stone, Kubrick, and Boyle. But after awhile things level out, and people start acting normal again.

Also not saying this is so, but there is a good chance that a lot of the hate comes from Marvel fanboys being jealous, that their movies while good, absolutely pale in comparison to Nolan's Batman films.

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By batman_is_god

Because he is doing well.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Because people suck.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

O_o Nolan gets hate?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Billy Batson said:

O_o Nolan gets hate?

@Caligula said:
    It always happens to directors when they start doing too well. Look at all the Love Tarantino got because he was rolling out great film after great film, then people started to bash him for no apparent reason, same thing happened to Stone, Kubrick, and Boyle. But after awhile things level out, and people start acting normal again.Also not saying this is so, but there is a good chance that a lot of the hate comes from Marvel fanboys being jealous, that their movies while good, absolutely pale in comparison to Nolan's Batman films.
    Danny Boyle is my fav director 
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

Marvel fanboys, Y U SO JELLY?

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Chaos Burn

Because he doesn't do what the crazed fanboys demand he does
    "Nolan is the sux coz i wanna see robin ftw" - these fans are idiots

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CRTrobinson

nolan's worst movie blows all the marvel movies minus thor iron man and latest hulk so far out of the water it isn't even funny.  I would love for him to be on board for all comic book movies no matter who the character is.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sydpart2

The most intelligent complaint about Nolan's Bat films I've heard is that it isn't accurate to the comics as far as feel or style goes. The easiest example of this is with the Joker, scars in the movie, chemical burns in the comics. And this could be a great complaint if Nolan had come out and said "we are making these movies based on what's on the pages of the comics" but the thing is he didn't and so when people talk about his films not being accurate then they're missing the point. I topic was just put up on here a few days ago where a guy was making this complaint, and my response to him and the non accurate argument in general is that the point is invalid. Saying the Nolan bat films are inaccurate is like going to a metal concert and complaining about the volume of the music.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VanTesla
    @Chaos Burn said:

Because he doesn't do what the crazed fanboys demand he does "Nolan is the sux coz i wanna see robin ftw" - these fans are idiots

Any that want Robin in a Nolan Batman film is nutz...
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

I like the Nolan movies and I completely understand that robin wouldn't fit into his Batman movies my only real complaint is his and Bales apparent attitude toward Robin thats some what disrespectful to fans of the character but that takes nothing away from my enjoyment of his movies

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By mark5
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    People talk badly of Nolan, but lets face it, his movies ultra destroy all the Marvel films, Thor is a good movie, but its overrated.I mean, i know he is not doing the comic into the screen, but lets face it, you want movies that are like the comics?Comics and movie are not the same, what works in a comic dont work in a movie.

: Agreed on all counts.
    Nolan has not rolled out a bad film yet. 
    Thor is overrated. 
    I read the comments here and on Yahoo about The dark knight rises and people keep saying Bane isn't big enough or he is missing that silly mask he wears in the comic. like what the crap? He is trying to make the film realistic, what drug do you know can give a 1 feet extra in height and allow him to cap 100 pounds after 1 minute of exposure. He's not going to look all stupid and comically buff like in the comic obviously. Its annoying. Same with nearly every comic book film. With X-Men people say they won't watch it because of Havok being Scott father (so it seems), its an adaptation form the source not a copy and paste and this is new continuity for a new X-Men franchise. Why does something like that matter? 

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VanTesla
    @mark5 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

People talk badly of Nolan, but lets face it, his movies ultra destroy all the Marvel films, Thor is a good movie, but its overrated.I mean, i know he is not doing the comic into the screen, but lets face it, you want movies that are like the comics?Comics and movie are not the same, what works in a comic dont work in a movie.

Thor is overrated. 
    I read the comments here and on Yahoo about The dark knight rises and people keep saying Bane isn't big enough or he is missing that silly mask he wears in the comic. like what the crap? He is trying to make the film realistic, what drug do you know can give a 1 feet extra in height and allow him to cap 100 pounds after 1 minute of exposure. He's not going to look all stupid and comically buff like in the comic obviously. Its annoying. Same with nearly every comic book film. With X-Men people say they won't watch it because of Havok being Scott father (so it seems), its an adaptation form the source not a copy and paste and this is new continuity for a new X-Men franchise. Why does something like that matter? 

It is asinine to judge a developing movie from one picture and say it will be bad because of it...
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sydpart2
    @mark5 said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Thor is overrated. 

well it's not a new continuity for the x-films, least not yet. I won't be in any hurry to see first class because Fox is producing it they had their chance ya know
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Pokeysteve

I'm not a Marvel fanboy and I don't like Nolan's films. His Batman films anyways. Tried to make a comic book character realistic. Stripped the potential away from some great villains (Joker and Ras mostly) and took the detective aspects away from Bats. If he would have combined the two aspects it would have been even more excellent. This is issues with the script though. His actual directing skills are definitely fantastic. Just my thoughts. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Pokeysteve: Nolan's Batman movies have been the only ones to have him doing any real detective work aside from the animated ones
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @joshmightbe: How so? Keaton cracked Joker's chemical code, figured out who Joker was, what he was planning, and this is just the first movie. He could have presumably invented and built all of his own gear, and was always in front of that computer. They showed him using his intelligence all the time. He lacked fighting skills. Bale's Batman was more of a fighter and less a thinker. I didn't believe Bale's Wayne to be a genius. He basically buys.......or borrows/ steals his gear haha. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Pokeysteve: Bale's Batman does under cover work, surveillance, and more actual foot work, all the previous movies just had him just make really lucky guesses there isn't one scene in the Burton movies that shows him doing any actual work to reach his conclusions all he did was figure out that the crazy guy selling chemicals was up to no good and just guessed how to fix it that is not detective work  
    mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By mark5
    @joshmightbe said:

@Pokeysteve: Nolan's Batman movies have been the only ones to have him doing any real detective work aside from the animated ones

agreed.  @Pokeysteve: Didn't you see when he anaylsed Joker's finger prints from a shell blast in a wall? he did quite a lot of detective work. 
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Billy Batson said:

O_o Nolan gets hate?

This.

I'm going to go make a thread about how much hate Jim Lee gets.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe
    @iLLituracy: He gets hate for giving female characters future back problems
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Mercy_
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Billy Batson said:

O_o Nolan gets hate?

This.

@joshmightbe said:
    @iLLituracy: He gets hate for giving female characters future back problems
    LMFAO. 
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Billy Batson
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Billy Batson said:

O_o Nolan gets hate?

This.

I'm going to make one with Alan Moore and another one with Alex Ross.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I like Nolan.
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @joshmightbe: I agree he did more undercover surveillance work. You never saw Keaton crack the chemical code but you know the work that went in to it. It would have eaten up too much screen time. He couldn't possibly have just guessed which chemicals not to mix together. He would have had to analyze them. This isn't up for debate. That's fact. 

@mark5: Finger prints isn't really what I mean. Bale barely did any thinking. Like the Animated Series shows Batman is constantly using his head and figuring stuff out. Bale's didn't do that. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Pokeysteve: Nolan's movies are using a Batman that is just starting out so it'd make sense for him to not be at the top of his game yet. That being said the actual amount of detective work shown in Nolan's movies is more than Burton's movie which merely implied that Batman was a good detective without showing any of the effort that goes into it
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe
    @The_Tree: I can understand why he'd want to exclude Robin my only problem is how dickish he and Bale were about dismissing the character. Its one thing to not mention the character they don't have to talk down to people for liking the character 
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

there's Nolan hate?? i haven't heard ONE person say anything bad about him!!! the man's a genius!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Gambit1024

I loved TDK. Begins was a little boring, but TDK was incredible.

It's just... Idk, you'd think the dude who did Inception would be creative with rogues like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, etc. 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula said:
    It always happens to directors when they start doing too well. Look at all the Love Tarantino got because he was rolling out great film after great film, then people started to bash him for no apparent reason, same thing happened to Stone, Kubrick, and Boyle. But after awhile things level out, and people start acting normal again.Also not saying this is so, but there is a good chance that a lot of the hate comes from Marvel fanboys being jealous, that their movies while good, absolutely pale in comparison to Nolan's Batman films.
    I dislike Tarantino, but i would never say i hate him, he is an ahole and i want to shot him, i once read that on imdb about Nolan, some one wanted to shot him for the fact he dont liked his Batman films, of course he loved Thor, Kubrick was the best director, ok 2001and Orange were overrated, but the rest of his filmd are horribly underrated and W from Stone was brilliant.
    @Chaos Burn said:
    Because he doesn't do what the crazed fanboys demand he does "Nolan is the sux coz i wanna see robin ftw" - these fans are idiots
    And that one of the main reasons why i love him and WB and DC, they let the director do his job, Marvel, Fox and the rest, dont let the directors do their work, i mean Marvel fired Favreu, because he disliked that Marvel pushed him to put Black Widow in Ironman 2.
    @Sydpart2 said:
    The most intelligent complaint about Nolan's Bat films I've heard is that it isn't accurate to the comics as far as feel or style goes. The easiest example of this is with the Joker, scars in the movie, chemical burns in the comics. And this could be a great complaint if Nolan had come out and said "we are making these movies based on what's on the pages of the comics" but the thing is he didn't and so when people talk about his films not being accurate then they're missing the point. I topic was just put up on here a few days ago where a guy was making this complaint, and my response to him and the non accurate argument in general is that the point is invalid. Saying the Nolan bat films are inaccurate is like going to a metal concert and complaining about the volume of the music.
    Yeah, is a freacking movie, what does people want, Batman is a normal human and a normal human cant do what Batman does on the comics, you have to change thing so they makes sense, i mean, is like if you see Flash saying Batman dont have powers and 5 minutes later, Batman beat Flash in a race.
    @mark5
    said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Thor is overrated. 

Yeah, people is so happy about the cosmic cube in the Avengers film, even when that makes no sense in a movie.
    I mean. people dont hated the fact Worlverine was taller or that the Wolverine film was so lame and boring, it was Wolverine so they loved him, beause he have powers and he is "cool".
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Tree said:
    @joshmightbe said:

@The_Tree: I can understand why he'd want to exclude Robin my only problem is how dickish he and Bale were about dismissing the character. Its one thing to not mention the character they don't have to talk down to people for liking the character 

Yeah, Robin's a great character, just because there were a few bad/campy interpretations of him on film and television, doesn't mean he couldn't work and it doesn't make him a bad character.I hope whenever a reboot comes around after Nolan's done, that they'll include Robin and include more of Batman's fantastical side.Can't guarantee it'll happen, but hey, a man can dream.
    I just hope they dont decide to reboot them, i like more th idea of pseudo sequels in some point of the future.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#35  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Sydpart2 said:
    I, a comic book fan, for one actually prefer the clown paint and scars over falling into a vat of chemicals. It was something that I think most movie goers liked as well since it made sense and in truth, people who complain about that are freakin' whiners. Was he still as crazy and goofy as he is in the comics? Yes. Did he not say that he wouldn't kill Batman because he's "too fun" like he does in the comics? Yes. So the Joker in the movie not only was an amazing villain who both gave you the creeps and made you laugh at the same time like he does IN the comics (don't lie, you know some of his jokes crack you up at times :P) and the ONE THING you want to complain about is that he didn't fall into a VAT OF CHEMICALS WHILE WEARING A RED HOOD??? Seriously?
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sydpart2
    @War Killer said:
    @Sydpart2 said:
    I, a comic book fan, for one actually prefer the clown paint and scars over falling into a vat of chemicals. It was something that I think most movie goers liked as well since it made sense and in truth, people who complain about that are freakin' whiners. Was he still as crazy and goofy as he is in the comics? Yes. Did he not say that he wouldn't kill Batman because he's "too fun" like he does in the comics? Yes. So the Joker in the movie not only was an amazing villain who both gave you the creeps and made you laugh at the same time like he does IN the comics (don't lie, you know some of his jokes crack you up at times :P) and the ONE THING you want to complain about is that he didn't fall into a VAT OF CHEMICALS WHILE WEARING A RED HOOD??? Seriously?
    Oh I agree with you 100% but that is the only intelligent complaint I have heard, though it is invalid. The most idiotic is "Bale's voice is stupid" yeah, let someone scream at you like that tell me you won't piss your pants
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @joshmightbe said:
    @Pokeysteve: Nolan's movies are using a Batman that is just starting out so it'd make sense for him to not be at the top of his game yet. That being said the actual amount of detective work shown in Nolan's movies is more than Burton's movie which merely implied that Batman was a good detective without showing any of the effort that goes into it
    See but that's exactly my point. With Keaton's Batman it was implied he went through all of the training he did in the comics. Spent years mastering martial arts and studied with the worlds greatest detectives. Nolan completely left out the detective aspect of it. We see him learn fighting and how to use fear (loved that bit!) but we never see any sort of instruction on how to be the worlds greatest detective. I'm ok with not physically watching Batman work out a chemical code because I know what would go into that. It's takes a smart man. Bale's Batman couldn't even manufacture his own antidote to Scarecrow's gas. He had to have Fox do it. I haven't seen either Begins or Dark Knight in a little while so I can't argue who does more detecting but the fact that Bale's does any is somewhat of a plot hole. 
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gravitypress

I liked the movies but hated Bale. I didnt like how in Begins how he was telling people left a right he was Batman. The Batmobile sucked bad and I felt he was a to smug. TDK was way too overhyped and overrated IMO because of Ledgers death. I never felt like I was watching the Joker. The cartoon was my favorite.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By katanalauncher

Those who hates Nolan must to forced to watch "Memento"

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer said:
    @Sydpart2 said:
    You just raped the Burton fanfboys, well done.@Pokeysteve said:
    @joshmightbe said:
    See but that's exactly my point. With Keaton's Batman it was implied he went through all of the training he did in the comics. Spent years mastering martial arts and studied with the worlds greatest detectives. Nolan completely left out the detective aspect of it. We see him learn fighting and how to use fear (loved that bit!) but we never see any sort of instruction on how to be the worlds greatest detective. I'm ok with not physically watching Batman work out a chemical code because I know what would go into that. It's takes a smart man. Bale's Batman couldn't even manufacture his own antidote to Scarecrow's gas. He had to have Fox do it. I haven't seen either Begins or Dark Knight in a little while so I can't argue who does more detecting but the fact that Bale's does any is somewhat of a plot hole. 
    This is befoe Batman gets into thta beast that you call Batman, sorry, but Keaton never looked like if he could kicked my ass, it looked that i could beat him in a fight.
    It never feels like if he trainned to be Batman, the Burton movies feel like if after the death of his parent, he decide to use a weird suit and jump at criminals.
    Burton never did a good job, there is no Alfred, no Gordon, no Bruce Wayne, and Batman find the awnser for luck or magic.
    In Return you watch Batman killing people and at the end, he stop Catwoman from killing becuse it was wrong, WTF i wrong with Burton?
    All the problems that people cry about the Nolan movies were bigger in the Burton films.
    Also, this movie show that Batman will learn about technology from Lucius, also Bale does detective work in TDK, all the film you could see Batman using technology to do detective work.
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Omega-Man

Bale never used detective work and he didn't make an antidote to crane's fear gas, the closest thing I saw him doing detective work when he scanned the brick for the shattered bullet which had a thumb print on it and even then Bale never did it on his own Fox got the thumb print. and Fox also made the antidote for the fear toxin that Crane had. So far Bale's Batman isn't that smart as twice in Begins and TDK Fox had to do the work.

But also I'm not saying Burton's movies were better as they had there flaws also such as Batman killing. But alot of What Keaton did was on his own. He cracked the code for Joker's toxin.

And as for that crack about Joker in TDK not falling in a tank of acid with a red hood, um what movie did you watch? Joker in the burton movie wasn't wearing a red hood. And the aspect of that Joker (as well in comics and Batman animated) implies that Batman created Joker, he didn't just appear (like in TDK and even in 'The Batman' animated) Plus I like the acid origin as it means that Joker is Joker, he can't take off his make up because it's not make up it's his real face.

Ledger did a good Joker and I liked his version of it as much as I liked Jack's version.

Reason why I don't like Nolan is he makes it too real, I mean Batman IS a comic book character after all. And alot of people who like Nolan's films in hardcore fasion don't like Robin or don't know Robin at all. I am a Batman fan and I like Nolan's movies to a point, but when you talk to hardcore fans of Nolan's Batman they don't know anything about Robin they still think he says Holy Batman when he hasn't said that since the 60s.

Plus people who have watched the orignal Animated show of Batman and still like the Nolan movies and think Robin says Holy this and holy that are idiots as even in that show Robin was not campy at all.

May two cents to people who think Robin is still campy

Watch Batman the animated series, watch Teen Titans (It's goofy but Robin is NOT campy in it) Watch The batman animated series (It's light hearted but Robin is NOT campy) Watch Young Justice the current animated show. And if you don't want to watch him read his comics even the current titles with Batman and Robin (Damian as Robin)

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By karrob
    @batman_is_god said:
    Because he is doing well.
    This!
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Shadow_Thief
    @VanTesla: Agreed! I always wait until I see a teaser trailer to make my final judgement! ;)
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By brc2000

Haven't really seen much Nolan hate, at least not any more than other popular directors, even on elitist/snobby websites. Sure I've seen some complaints here and there, but I've seen the same with films like Blade Runner and The Godfather. Maybe, he gets some hate on these forums, but I find that in general, people's opinions over here aren't the same as most of geekdom. For example people here seem to be more into stuff like Grey's Anatomy and Glee, instead of say, Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Walking Dead, and Firefly. Also, keep in mind the concept of "vocal minority"

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Batman Returns is probably my least favorite of all the Batman movies. It was a joke. Using technology doesn't make you a detective. I could use technology to figure stuff out. Keaton's used his head. Bale's shouldn't have to learn from Lucius. He should have learned from the worlds greatest detectives. Nolan left that entire side out. Took the genius out of his personality.  Least Bale's could fight though haha Keaton was much like his action figure at the time. 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Batman Returns is probably my least favorite of all the Batman movies. It was a joke. Using technology doesn't make you a detective. I could use technology to figure stuff out. Keaton's used his head. Bale's shouldn't have to learn from Lucius. He should have learned from the worlds greatest detectives. Nolan left that entire side out. Took the genius out of his personality.  Least Bale's could fight though haha Keaton was much like his action figure at the time. 
    Lucius is one of the most brilliant mind from the world, also is hard to belive, no one notice that Bruce Wayne have PhD in every science, knows every martial art from every big master.
    Batman have to learn all those thing from the shadows, also i say it once and i say it again, this is before Batman becomes Batman, so for the same he is not that Beast we know and love.
    Also you have to notice, the Sonar to look for the Joker was Batmans idea, not Lucius, he was getting smartter in the movie, the idea is that at that point, there was no return, batman is coming, the last one it will show the last mission of becoming Batman.
    Is sad, that we will never see Batman at 100% of his capacities in the Nolanverse.
    @Omega-Man said:
    Bale never used detective work and he didn't make an antidote to crane's fear gas, the closest thing I saw him doing detective work when he scanned the brick for the shattered bullet which had a thumb print on it and even then Bale never did it on his own Fox got the thumb print. and Fox also made the antidote for the fear toxin that Crane had. So far Bale's Batman isn't that smart as twice in Begins and TDK Fox had to do the work. But also I'm not saying Burton's movies were better as they had there flaws also such as Batman killing. But alot of What Keaton did was on his own. He cracked the code for Joker's toxin.And as for that crack about Joker in TDK not falling in a tank of acid with a red hood, um what movie did you watch? Joker in the burton movie wasn't wearing a red hood. And the aspect of that Joker (as well in comics and Batman animated) implies that Batman created Joker, he didn't just appear (like in TDK and even in 'The Batman' animated) Plus I like the acid origin as it means that Joker is Joker, he can't take off his make up because it's not make up it's his real face. Ledger did a good Joker and I liked his version of it as much as I liked Jack's version. Reason why I don't like Nolan is he makes it too real, I mean Batman IS a comic book character after all. And alot of people who like Nolan's films in hardcore fasion don't like Robin or don't know Robin at all. I am a Batman fan and I like Nolan's movies to a point, but when you talk to hardcore fans of Nolan's Batman they don't know anything about Robin they still think he says Holy Batman when he hasn't said that since the 60s. Plus people who have watched the orignal Animated show of Batman and still like the Nolan movies and think Robin says Holy this and holy that are idiots as even in that show Robin was not campy at all. May two cents to people who think Robin is still campyWatch Batman the animated series, watch Teen Titans (It's goofy but Robin is NOT campy in it) Watch The batman animated series (It's light hearted but Robin is NOT campy) Watch Young Justice the current animated show. And if you don't want to watch him read his comics even the current titles with Batman and Robin (Damian as Robin)
    Nolan said that Robin is not in, because he at that point Robin was too young.
    Also, lets face it, this is a movie it will look creppy to have some one using a kid as a human shield.
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Omega-Man
    @DeathpooltheT1000:

Robin has never been a human shield in comics or in any media. He's a back up plan in case Batman fails or can't be in two places at once. Also Robin could enact Batman's plans on defeating villains easier. If you have read Batman OYL/ Face the face even though that was Tim Drake you can actully see how Robin fits in and helps Batman in taking down his villains easier.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omega-Man : Batman train, Robin was like 6 month with Bruce and he was already jumping at criminals.
    Robin is a kid, is creppy, i like Tim, but at this point the only Robin that actually fits in the Nola vision is Jason Todd since, his life on the streets explain why he know how to deal with criminals and to fight them.
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#49  Edited By StarKiller809

I think Nolan is an amazing Director and Producer. I'm glad that he is working at getting some DC Comics characters on the screen. I think people might hate him because he makes Batman a little less like the comics and a little more real. I don't think it is something that people should be hating him for.
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    @Pokeysteve said:
    Lucius is one of the most brilliant mind from the world, also is hard to belive, no one notice that Bruce Wayne have PhD in every science, knows every martial art from every big master.
    Batman have to learn all those thing from the shadows, also i say it once and i say it again, this is before Batman becomes Batman, so for the same he is not that Beast we know and love.
    Also you have to notice, the Sonar to look for the Joker was Batmans idea, not Lucius, he was getting smartter in the movie, the idea is that at that point, there was no return, batman is coming, the last one it will show the last mission of becoming Batman.
    Is sad, that we will never see Batman at 100% of his capacities in the Nolanverse.

Nolan said that Robin is not in, because he at that point Robin was too young.Also, lets face it, this is a movie it will look creppy to have some one using a kid as a human shield.
    I think there is confusion here. You say this isn't the Batman we all know. That's exactly my problem with Nolan's take on it. Bale should have gotten smarter during his training. That's where Bruce becomes Batman with his training and later dons a symbolic costume. Keaton's Batman was also just starting out if you remember. There were only 7 or 8 sightings I think. He learned everything during his years of training. The sonar to find Joker was brilliant but once again Lucius had to set it up. On a side note I can't believe Fox had a problem tapping people's phones to find Joker. 

Nolan's take is realistic, dark, and gritty...........what's more realistic dark and gritty than a kid being used as a human shield? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.