Why all the Hal hate?

#1 Posted by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed that a lot of Batman fans seem to really dislike Hal Jordan. Why? Is it because Batman dislikes Hal? Is it because of the infamous GL Rebirth punch? Batman hates the Joker, and I don't see a lot of Batman fans hating on Mr. J. And Batman has gotten punched out many times in his career, even by petty thugs. So why all the Hal hate??

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really noticed it.

I'm a batman fan but I'm also a Hal fan. I do think the punch from rebirth is stupid, but that's nothing to dwell upon.

#3 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like Hal the best out of all the different Green Lanterns, some people just don't like his arrogance I think

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"I haven't really noticed it."
I also liked the punch
#5 Edited by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Maxwell said:
"I personally like Hal the best out of all the different Green Lanterns, some people just don't like his arrogance I think
"

I don't see Hal as particularly arrogant. When the Guardians offered him leadership of the Green Lantern Corps, he actually turned it down. If Hal was so arrogant, he would have jumped at the offer. What some see as arrogance, I see as confidence that he can get the job done, which he usually does.
#6 Edited by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both. I have not even seen Hal hate here. He is usually regarded as a favorite (GL) on the vine.

#7 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
"Dr. Maxwell said:
"I personally like Hal the best out of all the different Green Lanterns, some people just don't like his arrogance I think
"

I don't see Hal as particularly arrogant. When the Guardians offered him leadership of the Green Lantern Corps, he actually turned it down. If Hal was so arrogant, he would have jumped at the offer. What some see as arrogance, I see as confidence that he can get the job done, which he usually does."
Err i meant by the fact that he gets a little egotistical/overconfident at times and he defies authority i.e. I dont need the ring when I'm flying, punching Ferris
#8 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman and Guy don't like each other as well.

Concerning Hal, well I like Batman, Kyle, Guy, John and other Green Lanterns. Hal I don't like it so much, don't really know why. I don't like his choices and normally the reasons of why he does the stuff he does. I just don't like his style.

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't dislike Hal and I'm the biggest fan of Batman I know (with babs being the only person that could claim otherwise)

#10 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I don't dislike Hal and I'm the biggest fan of Batman I know (with babs being the only person that could claim otherwise)"
Hes right, he is the biggest Batman fan he knows!!!

yeah i like both of them, i like the way the used to hit each other Bats hitting Guy and  Hals hittin Bats, thought it was cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
#11 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

i like them both, i know why hal and bats dislike each other but im not sure about the fans.

#12 Posted by Loaded Revolver (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fans have every right to hate Hal.Green Lantern fans as well.He takes the spotlight away from "good" GL's.

#13 Posted by inferiorego (27747 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in the Hal Jordan forum?

Staff
#14 Posted by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio
Loaded Revolver said:
"Batman fans have every right to hate Hal.Green Lantern fans as well.He takes the spotlight away from "good" GL's."

Why exactly do Batman fans have every right to hate Hal? What has Hal ever done to batman other than punch him in GL Rebirth? And that was just because batman was being stubborn when Hal had to stop Parallax.
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Batman fans have every right to hate Hal.Green Lantern fans as well.He takes the spotlight away from "good" GL's."

Why exactly do Batman fans have every right to hate Hal? What has Hal ever done to batman other than punch him in GL Rebirth? And that was just because batman was being stubborn when Hal had to stop Parallax."
Because he's lame..that's why.
#16 Posted by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think a guy who dresses up like a flying rodent is lame.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
"Well, I think a guy who dresses up like a flying rodent is lame."
Maybe Batman fans don't like Hal mostly because he acts like a tough guy toward Bruce but without that ring he knows Bats will kick his ass all over Gotham.
#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
Bats aren't rodents
#19 Posted by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jade1977 said:
Maybe Batman fans don't like Hal mostly because he acts like a tough guy toward Bruce but without that ring he knows Bats will kick his ass all over Gotham.
"
Hal is actually a very good hand-to-hand fighter, so don't be too sure about that. I'm not saying Hal could beat Batman, but it would be a lot closer than you think. Hal has gone toe-to-toe with Green Arrow, and Ollie beat the crap out of Batman in JLA 125.
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jade1977 said:
"
Hal is actually a very good hand-to-hand fighter, so don't be too sure about that. I'm not saying Hal could beat Batman, but it would be a lot closer than you think. Hal has gone toe-to-toe with Green Arrow, and Ollie beat the crap out of Batman in JLA 125.
"
Don't play yourself...
#21 Posted by Jade1977 (608 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jade1977 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jade1977 said:
"
"
Don't play yourself...
"

I'm not. Ollie actually did beat the crap out of Batman. It was in JLA 125, and you can find it in the World Without A JLA trade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.