Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Who's the Best Lady for Batman?

• 167 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
       The ladies, they just can't resist the charms of the Batman, can they?
     The ladies, they just can't resist the charms of the Batman, can they?
    One big shoe that dropped with the recent DARK KNIGHT RISES casting confirmations concerned Batman’s love life. Everybody knew Bruce Wayne had to get a new girl after Rachel Dawes’ tragic murder in THE DARK KNIGHT, the question was who - - and the answer wasn't nearly as clear as it'd be for Superman or Spider-Man.  

When you’ve got a new Supes story, you know Lois Lane’s going to be there, and then you've only got a few options for love when it comes to a Spidey story.  But Bats? His level of commitment is about as lasting as James Bond’s. It’s actually a bit telling that Ms. Dawes was created for BATMAN BEGINS just to give him a new, suitable gal to get all mushy about. He's had so many girlfriends over the year, but no definitive one, and at this rate, we can't really ever expect him to settle down.  

However, let’s say there were was some kind of BATMAN: THE END coming up. Which one of Wayne’s flames do you Comic Vine maniacs figure could be the one for him in the end? == TEASER ==

No Caption Provided

CATWOMAN 

Bats and Selina actually got married in the pre-CRISIS Earth 2 and had a daughter, Helena, who went on to become a vigilante of her own - - the Huntress. So there's a precedent, already. As I said in my plot speculation about DARK KNIGHT RISES, she makes sense thematically as a significant other precisely because she’s already part of this world of theatrical crazies that Bruce’s devoted so much of his life to. There’s also some rich irony in a rigid moralist like him ultimately falling for a career criminal whose past is as checkered as her's is. But can their moralities ever harmonize to last?

No Caption Provided

TALIA AL-GHUL 

Well, she is already his baby mama. Maybe Bruce owes it to Damian to finally make him and this whole family affair legitimate? Once again, there’s some appropriate irony in the notion of Batman marrying the daughter of one of his greatest foes in what would effectively an epic case of matchmaking. On paper, it certainly makes sense for the greatest detective in the world to be coupled with one of the greatest adventurers in the world. Then again, the recent revelations about how she’s aided Jason Todd during the formation of his Red Hood persona (and maybe even got romantically linked to him) make things weirder than they already are.  

No Caption Provided

SILVER ST. CLOUD

Bats' main squeeze during the late 70s and early 80s. Out of all the ladies on this list, she appeals most to the Bruce Wayne side of the enigma. A socialite and event planner, she’s part of that world of the rich & beautiful, yet she was sharp enough to figure out the legendary secret identity on her own. Interestingly, while Rachel rejects Bruce for the intensity of the Batman identity, Silver ends up breaking up with him because she couldn't handle worrying about his safety. On-and-off over the years, she really represents the call of a normal life for the Batman.

No Caption Provided

VICKI VALE

Vale was an odd choice for a love interest in the first Burton BATMAN. Even though she was introduced in the 40s, she hadn’t been too important a part of the comics in the decades up into that movie’s release. Thematically, she overlaps with Lois and if Superman's so compatible with a journalist, then, logically, Batman probably isn't (he and Supes are well-established as antithetical, after all.) There’s not much love lost between her and Bats, now, as she’s been an antagonist in the Bat books, doggedly trying to ruin the family’s secrets.

This is a really incomplete selection, because there simply isn’t enough room to talk about Bruce’s other flames, like his doomed first love, Julie Madison, his vengeful counterpart, the Phantasm, his shrink, Chase Meridian, or his very brief date, Wonder Woman. Still, that's plenty of options for you maniacs to choose from in this elaborate dating game, so let's see your picks!

And we all know there's really only one way to close out all this talk of Batman and tender romance...   

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS!  &  UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon   here  &   here .  Follow him on Twitter:  @tompinchuk

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thechessclub

haha. Great. Now that song is gonna be in my head all day=P

moffattbooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By moffattbooks

none because he's been married to being Batman for decades, the ultimate single man in continual search of perfecting both his mind and body.  

moffattbooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By moffattbooks
    @thechessclub: could be worse, one of the other songs could be stuck there, I'm listening to "I'm reading a book" by Julian Smith, just to get it out of my head.
    miki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By miki

i'm

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondasch

I see no way that Batman could ever have a successful marriage.

batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6  Edited By batmanboy11

I'd say Catwoman would be the most likely choice.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightFang3
    @batmanboy11 said:

" I'd say Catwoman would be the most likely choice. "

That or Vicki Vale.
    CTCFirebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CTCFirebird

I 2nd the choice for Catwoman

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By chalkshark

It should never be Catwoman or Talia Al-Ghul. They're criminals. Batman hates criminals. His entire reason for being is to take down criminals. Involvement with either of them is a blatant violation of the vow he made at his parent's grave.  Silver St. Cloud is the only one that he's had a real relationship with, & she complimented him very well.  That said, I was under the impression that she had been murdered.  I think Miller's Dark Knight gets it right.  He's going to spend the majority of his life alone.

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thechessclub
    @moffattbooks said:
    " @thechessclub: could be worse, one of the other songs could be stuck there, I'm listening to "I'm reading a book" by Julian Smith, just to get it out of my head. "
    *grabs Moffattbooks' shoulders, shakes* I DIDN'T..EVEN..CLICK ON IT!
    batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11  Edited By batmanboy11
    @NightFang: 

I'd be fine with Vicki Vale too.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @chalkshark said:
    "It should never be Catwoman or Talia Al-Ghul. They're criminals. Batman hates criminals. His entire reason for being is to take down criminals. Involvement with either of them is a blatant violation of the vow he made at his parent's grave.  Silver St. Cloud is the only one that he's had a real relationship with, & she complimented him very well.  That said, I was under the impression that she had been murdered.  I think Miller's Dark Knight gets it right.  He's going to spend the majority of his life alone. "

SOOO?how many times have either selina or talia helped him? 
    and i dont want batman to be with anyone,he should regularly date and hook up but that's about it,stuff like marriages will suffer decay and result in boring storylines.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @NightFang said:
    "@batmanboy11 said:

" I'd say Catwoman would be the most likely choice. "

That or Vicki Vale. "

Nah,people like vicki appear once in decades,she's the last person i see with bats.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally, Catwoman will always be my first choice for Bruce....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
    deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What about Dick Grayson? XD 

No Caption Provided
    ccrosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ccrosby

I'd go with catwoman myself-  I always loved the dynamic between the two them.   

Although I need to say that I'm surprised Wonder Woman didn't make the list at all, there have been plenty of moments in shared story arcs where it seemed like something would happen between those two-  Although Diana would absolutely wreck Bats in bed (which being the masochist he is, he'd probably enjoy it).

garougrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By garougrem

Diana.. i just like the relationship with them starting with the Justice League Bruce Timm universe flirtation, that continued on to the JLA comics (or is it the other way around?)  

It's just like when the Rachel character of Friends had a brief "relationship" with Joey.. it was just exciting and opened up a whole new world of possibilities. A Batman-Wonder Woman relationship just opens up unlimited possibilities with both fantasy and earth based storylines IMO.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By davelecave

best. song. ever.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By speedlgt

i think wonderwoman is the best choice..........Bruce is the ultimate human he deserves a goddess At least till he dies and lois dies then we all know wonderwoman and supes will hook up
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By DarthShap

Catwoman of course.  So similar and yet so different at the same time. Something Loeb and Dini understood better than anyone else.  

Indeed Talia was a possibility a few years back but no longer after what she did to Dick and Damian in Grant Morrison's Batman Vs. Robin.    

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Band Lone

I'd say Catwoman. Talia is more likely to kill him in his sleep.. But Catwoman? All she likes are jewels! Bruce can buy them with his spare change. 

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Either Selina or Diana :)

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

"One of these girls is not like the others, 
    One of these girls is DEAD" 

Talia's no longer a viable option. Hell, Damian himself rejected her as his mother, so Bruce has no obligations whatsoever to 'get the family back together. 

Bruce and Vicki got pretty close during The Road Home, but that seems to be heading towards non-continuity from people's response. Although overall the whole thing wasn't that bad. 

Catwoman's a great choice, as shown by 'Hush' and 'Heart of Hush.' 

Silver St. Cloud though is perfect. Too perfect. As shown by Widening Gyre.

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

Wonder Woman

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DEGRAAF

Cat Woman
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GrimoireMyst

I would say Catwoman or Wonder Woman to be his perfect match. They both have had every type of conversation or argument both good or bad with him showing they have immense respect for the other. They also fight along side him against the crazies making a perfect two for one. Partner in both life and dishing out justice.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Mbecks14

Definitely Catwoman!  

No Caption Provided

Zatanna should have made this list though 

No Caption Provided
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondasch
    @Mbecks14 said:
    " Definitely Catwoman!  

No Caption Provided

Zatanna should have made this list though 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Far too many trust issues with Zatanna for Batman to ever consider that.  She wiped his memory, remember ?  I don't see Batman being able to forgive that.
    mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mpgeist

Catwoman!  They're made for each other and honestly if they can fight with each other as much as they do and still have hot passionate romance, I don't see why they couldn't stay together a long time.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By DarthShap

No he forgave her all right but that is not the main issue. They are just too different people and it is the same problem with Dick and Kory. How could Bruce end up with a magician or an Amazon and Dick with some alien bimbo?
    georgethecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By georgethecat

Oh Talia: my girl's been pining over Bruce for so long. It's why I don't actually like them together. And after what Grant Morrison did to her in Batman and Robin, I don't think there's a chance of them ever getting back together. (And before you fans start on her sleeping with Jason in Red Hood: Lost Days, in BnR, she tried to control her son through his spine in order to kill Dick Grayson. And prior to that, Morrison wrote her as potentially drugging Bruce in order to secure his seed for the perfect child. And also, even more notably, she had agency in sleeping with both the nameless minion and Jason) So, eh, screw Bruce, I've officially decided Talia is better off without him.
     But Bat/Cat is a very good pair. 

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ellocobruja

The Bat and Cat
    Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Selina Kyle has always been my choice since I believe she's one of the few women in his life who can really understand him and why he chose to become The Batman.  Talia can keep up with him, but I feel she'd be caught between his life and her loyalty to her father.  There's enough tension in his life without adding that.  The Batman/Wonder Woman romance played up in the animated series but also hinted at in the JLA comics was an interesting idea.  A super-powered superhero as the significant partner in Batman's life feels unbalanced to me.  A romantic relationship between those two characters is different than the friendship/rivalry between Bats and Sups.  As for the two normal women mentioned, St. Cloud and Vale, they're better suited for Bruce Wayne's life than The Batman. 

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#34  Edited By EisforExtinction

Although Selena seems like the obvious choice Bruce can get it well into old age. Settling down doesn't seem in the cards.

Clifftothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clifftothemax

Catwoman. Hands down.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By queenfrost_

Catwoman!! <333
    And Silver was PERFECT for him. Perhaps if she learnt all that kung-fu jazz they'd still be together!
    And I like Zatanna too

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Seal vidoe ftw lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@batmanboy11 said:
    "I'd say Catwoman would be the most likely choice. "

Here, here. I love their dynamic in Batman Inc.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

Most ladies here are'nt even a choice, 
    silver ,julie, vicki??Yeah right. 
    wonder woman and zatanna,Meh too powerful,his entire character would become obsolete. and they dont even look good alongside each other,atleast catwoman can look good with batman and talia with bruce. 
    Talia,just read batman and robin,lost days and current gotham city sirens.She's DQ'd. 
    Selina,pretty much nails it,what with INC and streets of gotham going in her favour.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#41  Edited By JonesDeini
    @moffattbooks said:
    " none because he's been married to being Batman for decades, the ultimate single man in continual search of perfecting both his mind and body.   "
    That sums it up. Obviously the women best suited for him are Selina and Thalia, but we know neither of those situations will come to pass. I'd like to see him and Wonder Woman though, always liked that about the JL/JLU cartoon. Especially when she counters all his arguments for why they can't be together.  

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @JonesDeini:
    Those were some of the dumbest reasons i've ever heard though, 
    my enemies?BWHAHAHA.yeah right.whos' gonna do it?a clown? 
    rich kid with issues?FAIL.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#43  Edited By JonesDeini
    @entropy_aegis:  
    But hey, that's Bruce for you, always an excuse never to connect. And don't scoff, that's one bad ass clown, and a man like Ras can make your life most unpleasant. But Diana could more than hold her own. And as the Max Lord situation taught us, she'd be willing to do exactly what Bruce isn't and show Joker exactly what part of his back is itching. And yeah, Bruce is a rich kid with issues...oh so many issues. lol
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  But hey, that's Bruce for you, always an excuse never to connect. And don't scoff, that's one bad ass clown, and a man like Ras can make your life most unpleasant. But Diana could more than hold her own. And as the Max Lord situation taught us, she'd be willing to do exactly what Bruce isn't and show Joker exactly what part of his back is itching. And yeah, Bruce is a rich kid with issues...oh so many issues. lol "

Now that i think about it,that version of joker ALREADY owned her.and he later had that satellite in the sky,he also owned grundy and supes.
    redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By redmanta

catwomen is the only women for batman
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

No one...................He's Batman.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By batman_is_god

I think St.Cloud or Talia would be the best choice, but we all know Batman's facorite womam has always been Talia.
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Thank you for that Seal music video btw. God, that song gets me every time I listen to it.

I would prefer either Selina or Diana. Those are really the only two women that just click in my mind.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bestostero

For me, it's always going to be Catwoman... although Wonder Woman would be an even better choice but just seems so unlikely to stick...

Avatar image for princesssolaria
    PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PrincessSolaria

Catwoman, definitely =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.