Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

who want's The Dark Knight Rises to get a sequel

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cameronstear

If you want The Dark Knight Rises do get a sequel comment and if you do not then what do you want next for Batman cause I want a sequel

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I like the idea of re-introducing him in the Justice League movie. Nolan has left the franchise, so to have anyone else continue that franchise wouldn't feel right.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By htb106

I think it could sort of ruin the ending, it was a perfect ending for me to one of the best film series I've seen. Although I understand why people would want to see a sequel.

I'd prefer him to be re-introduced in a Justice League movie in a few years.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No. I love the Nolan trilogy and think it had a perfect ending and should be left as is. I'm glad that they're rebooting the franchise into something a bit more JL friendly.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By Xanni15

I agree. The ending was perfect but it left open the possibility of the story continuing so it doesn't necessarily have to be Batman again, it could be Blake changing the Batsuit around, adding some red and calling himself Robin.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

I agree. The ending was perfect but it left open the possibility of the story continuing so it doesn't necessarily have to be Batman again, it could be Blake changing the Batsuit around, adding some red and calling himself Robin.

Opening action sequence: Blake forgets to check his corners.

/roll end credits

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

/roll end credits

Lamest movie EVER!

Hmm... Maybe we need a live action version of Under the Red Hood, then?

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By InfamousFish

I say to leave it as it is.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

/roll end credits

Lamest movie EVER!

I think that would be a brilliant choice to use after Batman's re-appearance in Justice League. It gives the potential to dive into a bigger universe (Black Mask, Jason, Joker, Nightwing, Amazo, Ra's, etc) and is an excellent story that dives back into his history. Naturally, they'd have to gloss over reality punching and go for the Lazarus Pit, but it also opens the door to The Society.

Are there stories better and more deserving of the big screen treatment? Absolutely, but another origin story would be overkill and, to be blunt, I simply love 'Under the Red Hood.' The animated movie further supports that it can be incredibly powerful if translated well.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

/roll end credits

Lamest movie EVER!

I think that would be a brilliant choice to use after Batman's re-appearance in Justice League. It gives the potential to dive into a bigger universe (Black Mask, Jason, Joker, Nightwing, Amazo, Ra's, etc) and is an excellent story that dives back into his history. Naturally, they'd have to gloss over reality punching and go for the Lazarus Pit, but it also opens the door to The Society.

Are there stories better and more deserving of the big screen treatment? Absolutely, but another origin story would be overkill and, to be blunt, I simply love 'Under the Red Hood.' The animated movie further supports that it can be incredibly powerful if translated well.

Either way, DC needs to start pumping out some movies to keep up with Marvel. One of the main reasons I'd like to see a movie about Blake continuing on is they could use the momentum of Nolan's Batman, maybe attaching Nolan as an executive producer in name only. The animated Under the Red Hood was awesome so they would already know the story works, and we've seen other movies (Watchmen, Sin City, etc) take the darker, more violent path so the beatings wouldn't be too difficult to include. I guess the major risk involved is over-saturating the market with Batman, people might have already grown tired of him.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By serpent222

I don't want to see any sequels to the Rises. I would not have an issue with Nolan's Batman continuing in Justice League movies, though. I know it will never happen, but can you imagine the response if we'd all been fooled and Bale has a cameo in Man of Steel?

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope the series is great as it is.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FatihBATMAN

hmm, nope not really, although maybe a spinoff on the new or sidekick john blake?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Nope, nobody should get to play with Nolans universe other than Nolan, that was the WHOLE point in the ending 

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Nope the series is great as it is.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal19

I dont

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

That undermines the whole point of the Nolan trilogy. Besides Nolan's Batman wouldn't fit into the new cinematic universe DC are planning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.