Who wants Jason Todd in Arkham Origins?

#1 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was thinking about how cool it would have been if Red Hood was the villain in the news Arkham game, but then I remembered Origins is a prequel.

So would you guys want to see Jason as Robin in the next Arkham game?

#2 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, particularly if they do it in such a way that they combine Death in the Family with Red Hood becoming Joker. Say Batman knocks the Red Hood into the chemicals, and you don't know his fate, then later on in the game he comes back, kidnaps Jason, and kills him for his big reveal as the newly created Joker.

They can combine it with the Black Mask story by saying the Mask hired the Joker to capture Robin (but not kill him) as one of his 'assassins'.

#3 Edited by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: It would be pretty amazing if we got to play out Death In The Family and fail Jason like that. I'm sure it would blow the minds of a lot of people considering that most people that get the games still don't read comics, and Jason has been skipped in pretty much every cartoon.

#4 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Jason Todd's story but I hope Arkham Origins is set before Jason Todd, before Dick Grayson even. Arkham Origins is supposedly going to take place over one night and as much as I like nods to my favourite characters and stories I hope they don't try to add too much and focus on the main characters and plot.

#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12606 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Sure, particularly if they do it in such a way that they combine Death in the Family with Red Hood becoming Joker. Say Batman knocks the Red Hood into the chemicals, and you don't know his fate, then later on in the game he comes back, kidnaps Jason, and kills him for his big reveal as the newly created Joker.

They can combine it with the Black Mask story by saying the Mask hired the Joker to capture Robin (but not kill him) as one of his 'assassins'.

THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!

#6 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love Jason Todd in the game to be honest

#7 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hood should apear in the sequel however Jason can be in origins but only as Robin.

#8 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know about Origin but in another Arkham game, sure! :)

#9 Edited by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: that sounds cool but the joker is in the game. The game is set earlier in batmans carrier but I'm sure it's a few years after he started

#10 Edited by RustyRoy (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Jason Todd's story but I hope Arkham Origins is set before Jason Todd, before Dick Grayson even. Arkham Origins is supposedly going to take place over one night and as much as I like nods to my favourite characters and stories I hope they don't try to add too much and focus on the main characters and plot.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

That would mean Jason would have to be Robin, so Dick will already be Nightwing...which means....

Discowing!

#12 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no. I'd rather have a full-fledged Deathstroke campaign & Dick Grayson's Nightwing as playable character in the game...

#13 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Me!

#14 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Jason Todd should just be forgotten altogether. Unless they are going to kill him, then I'm cool with that..............

#15 Edited by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio
@knightrise said:

That would mean Jason would have to be Robin, so Dick will already be Nightwing...which means....

Discowing!

It would also mean that Barbra wouldn't be paralyzes, then we could actually see some Batgirl for a change, and they could just give Alfred take the place Oracle had in the other games.

@avenger85 said:

Please no. I'd rather have a full-fledged Deathstroke campaign & Dick Grayson's Nightwing as playable character in the game...

Deathstroke is just a pawn of Black Mast so that's not what you're going to get from this game regardless :P

#16 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

It would also mean that Barbra wouldn't be paralyzes, then we could actually see some Batgirl for a change, and they could just gave Alfred take the place Oracle had in the other games.

Pretty sure they've already confirmed that it will be Alfred in Batman's ear this game, not Oraclce.

#17 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@teerack said:

It would also mean that Barbra wouldn't be paralyzes, then we could actually see some Batgirl for a change, and they could just gave Alfred take the place Oracle had in the other games.

Pretty sure they've already confirmed that it will be Alfred in Batman's ear this game, not Oraclce.

#18 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12606 posts) - - Show Bio

I am amazed of the hate Jason gets, evem when has been the only character that got back from the death to actually do something that matters.

Look at the reviews, Under the Red hood has.

Said that, i want Aunt May to die in an atomic explosion and see her body being destroy.

#19 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Jason in a future Arkham game, but not Arkham Origins. If any Robin is shown in this game, I think it should be Dick Grayson, as this is when Batman is first starting out. And even if Dick does make an appearance, I think it would be too early in Batman's career to make him Robin just yet, but that's just my two cents.

#20 Edited by RustyRoy (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@avenger85 said:

Deathstroke is just a pawn of Black Mast so that's not what you're going to get from this game regardless :P

Batman will be fighting Deathstroke not Black Mask and the way they are promoting DS, I'm sure he'll more than just a pawn. He's also the only other character confirmed playable with pre-order.

#21 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@teerack said:
@avenger85 said:

Batman will be fighting Deathstroke not Black Mask and the way they are promoting DS, I'm sure he'll more than just a pawn. He's also the only other character confirmed playable with pre-order.

Idk the Arkham games have proven to not want to break any kind of typical video game formal. He'll probably have the same role Ivy had in the first game.

#22 Posted by RustyRoy (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: The first two Arkham games were Batman vs. Joker, this is Batman vs. 8 assassins. DS is a fighter (one of the best if not the best assassin in DCU) while Ivy isn't. And DS is already getting so much promotion like Joker did in the first two, so I think he's gonna have a major role.

#23 Posted by Delphic (1534 posts) - - Show Bio

If any Robin's do appear, I think it would be Dick Grayson (and maybe a Batgirl cameo?). If Jason does appear, perhaps it could be just a cameo. Like the classic, taking the wheels off the Batmobile.

#24 Edited by Felspawn (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have any paticular problem with Jason showing up but given the period it'd make more sense to see Dick and or Barbara

#25 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool but I would rather have Dick be robin in this game.

#26 Edited by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Only as a cameo.

#27 Posted by Black_Claw (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Origins takes place at the very start of Batman's career. Jason probably hasn't even been born at that point in time.

#28 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I think the game is supposed to be a year two kinda story. I would like them to mention Todd, like Batman saying he ran into a kid trying to steal the Batmobile tires. I would like to see Dick as Robin though.

#29 Posted by SupermanNoble (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they will play it all out before any Robin, really. More towards when Bruce just started his Dark Knight alter ego and will have to deal with police on top of the Mob.

#30 Posted by Brcomicbookguy (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be fun to play as death stroke and take out a hero. Maybe the first blue beetle or atom

#31 Posted by TakeLuutzen (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be very interesting to play as Batman when he is fighting Joker as the Red Hood at ACE Chemicals. Maybe as a flashback just before the real Joker appears. In my opinion that's the most crucial mistake Batman's ever made.
But no Robins, please no.. (origins is supposed to be a year two-like story right?) In the game that comes after this one, yes please!

#32 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really want to see Jason in the game, great idea :)

#33 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

NO DICK GREYSON AS ROBIN!! Dick has been in enough stuff Jason only been 1 movie just one I hope they put him in this game.

#34 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6496 posts) - - Show Bio

How would he fit into the Game?

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, there shouldn't be any Robin in this particular Arkham game. Its Batman vs. 8 assassins not Batman and friends vs. 8 assassins. Not to mention this takes place for only one night.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.