Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Who thinks that The Dark Knight was the best live action Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

film?

I loved TDKR more so than BB but TDK was the best IMO. Anyone agree?

gotham-nudist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gotham-nudist

I do! IMO, as far as Batman movies go, TDK will NEVER be topped. For me, BB and TDKR are about on par with each other. I cant wait to spend a day watching all 3 on bluray, while gorging on Taco Bell and beer!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

Not even close. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight surpass TDKR in almost every way, but it was a good effot.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SupBatz

I say The Dark Knight is most enjoyable to watch out of the live action films. But I prefer most of the DTV and DCAU Batman films.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@nickzambuto said:

LOL. No.

@Deranged Midget said:

Not even close. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight surpass TDKR in almost every way, but it was a good effot.

TDK > TDKR >>>>>>>> BB. TDKR was a masterpiece but TDK trumps all.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: I respect your opinion but no. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are both far superior to their extremely flawed "successor".

DDangelico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By DDangelico

TDK is definitely my favorite. But I really adore the whole trilogy for its completeness.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@nickzambuto said:

This. Better Batman and better Joker. When I watch this I feel like I'm watching a comic book film... It's fun to watch and it's good.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

TDKR>TDK>BB
    I don't really know why would anyone prefer the first one over the latter movies.
    BB

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#11  Edited By BatWatch

@Billy Batson: I found the Dark Knight Rises to be a real disappointment. I thought it was good...better than Batman Begins, but nowhere near as good as the Dark Knight. I have a lot of reasons for this view, but here are a few:

1. If Talia wanted to blow up Gotham, she could have done it at any time. Drawing it out for five months to torture Bruce is convoluted at best. Seeing Gotham go up in flames would have been plenty torturous to Batman.

2. Batman quit in this movie...for eight years he sat at home and felt sorry for himself. Batman is Not a quitter.

3. No action scenes, except for the plane scene at the beginning, impressed me. Honestly, I can't think of a standout Batman action scene. Batman, Bane, and Catwoman all hit people at some point...(yawn)

The Dark Knight rises had no plot holes...except perhaps for the police pulling back from the Joker raid because of the hospital crisis. Still, that is understandable.

Batman was better represented in terms of his determination and detective skills.

The final fight with Joker and Two-Face are permanently ingrained in my mind. The beginning fight with Scarecrow was also great. Batman taking out the cops non lethally is one of the best action scenes of all time. Batman swooping in on the Asian money man was great. Way, way better.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @nickzambuto said:

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

In my opinion, The Dark Knight had everything fans would want in a Batman movie; a great cast, great villain, amazing story, awesome action, gadgets, suspense, etc.

Out of the whole Dark Knight Trilogy, if you're simply looking for a great Batman movie, then I believe The Dark Knight will have everything a person could want.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Billy Batson: Because the finale was terribly riddled with flaws.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@Deranged Midget said:

@Billy Batson: Because the finale was terribly riddled with flaws.

No Caption Provided

BB

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Billy Batson said:

TDKR>TDK>BB
    I don't really know why would anyone prefer the first one over the latter movies.
    BB

This ^

@PsychoKnights said:

@Billy Batson: I found the Dark Knight Rises to be a real disappointment. I thought it was good...better than Batman Begins, but nowhere near as good as the Dark Knight. I have a lot of reasons for this view, but here are a few:

1. If Talia wanted to blow up Gotham, she could have done it at any time. Drawing it out for five months to torture Bruce is convoluted at best. Seeing Gotham go up in flames would have been plenty torturous to Batman.

2. Batman quit in this movie...for eight years he sat at home and felt sorry for himself. Batman is Not a quitter.

3. No action scenes, except for the plane scene at the beginning, impressed me. Honestly, I can't think of a standout Batman action scene. Batman, Bane, and Catwoman all hit people at some point...(yawn)

The Dark Knight rises had no plot holes...except perhaps for the police pulling back from the Joker raid because of the hospital crisis. Still, that is understandable.

Batman was better represented in terms of his determination and detective skills.

The final fight with Joker and Two-Face are permanently ingrained in my mind. The beginning fight with Scarecrow was also great. Batman taking out the cops non lethally is one of the best action scenes of all time. Batman swooping in on the Asian money man was great. Way, way better.

1. *facepalm* Bane said they were going to give the city hope first, because "without hope there's no pain" or something like that :P
    2. This Batman is more human....... anyone with money would have done the same :P
    3. ...... * shrug* I really don't care much about the action..... as long as I don't fall asleep
    renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@comicdude23 said:

@nickzambuto said:

LOL. No.

lol YES. The original and still the best. Art style, acting, even action. Nicholsen>>>Ledger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.