Who thinks TAS Batman is better than Mainstream Batman?

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but this is the truth IMO. Mainstream Batman is cool, but the New-52 has people confused. And he's running out of story-lines, IMO, TAS Batman is way better.

TAS Batman > Mainstream Batman.

This is just my opinion. Does anyone else actually agree with me?

#2 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.

But then again, I have never read mainstream Batman so...

#3 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

I think TAS Batman is the greatest Batman ever so I agree.

#4 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

me
#5 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

not me. more stories in mainstream. better ones too.

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont.

#7 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

He's running out of storylines, so the animated series that's all finished and not telling anymore stories is better?

What?

#9 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (540 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a yes from me.

#10 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

You're worse than rbystji. Stop trying to ruin Batman, troll.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the New-52 incarnation running out of story-lines mate? He has 4 different on-goings and they're all hitting on strong.

TAS was fantastic, no one's arguing that, but mainstream simply allows for darker stories and less restrictions.

#12 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

You're worse than rbystji. Stop trying to ruin Batman, troll.

Too far.

IMO, TAS is the better Batman. It got me into Batman, so I don't see how I'm being a troll. I don't like the New-52 anyways.

#13 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

TAS has Kevin Conroy. TAS wins by default.

#14 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: dude that has a lot of time on his hands recently, dont bash on the new52 batman. how would like it if i bashed on tas batman? like your shit and shut up.

#15 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@comicdude23: dude that has a lot of time on his hands recently, dont bash on the new52 batman. how would like it if i bashed on tas batman? like your shit and shut up.

I didn't offend New-52 Batman I just said he's running out of story-lines. How is that bashing? Get your facts straight.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (18670 posts) - - Show Bio

TAS is overrated.

#17 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

TAS is possibly my favourite version of Batman, he's awesome, but I like seeing a different kind of Batman too. I like him in the New 52, I guess it gets more difficult to come up with new storylines but that's just up to the writers.

#18 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, simply because there's more possibilities for storytelling for the mainstream Batman. While TAS was exceptionally dark for its time, it was still restricted, where as mainstream comic Batman, stories can be extremely dark or violent in comparison (though this isn't always a good thing when done in excess, it can help to craft interesting stories in the hands of a talented writer) and the comic universe is so much larger that there are many more avenues to explore.

TAS was great for what it was, easily one of the best (if not the best) animated series of all time, but I like mainstream Batman better.

#19 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

You're saying absolutely nothing. At all. There's nothing quantifiable about "better." "Running out of stories" is vague enough that it could be said of any character without anything to support it.

If you're trying to argue that one thing trumps another, then the least you could do is list some pros and cons from specific examples.

#20 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the mainstream comic running out of story ideas? The premise for your argument makes no sense. Also I like both.

#21 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander505 said:

No.

#22 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not trying to argue. I'm simply stating my opinion, the new stories aren't anything that I haven't seen before. I prefer the TAS vesrion because of what they did with the character. And it had a bigger impact on me.

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

I'm not trying to argue. I'm simply stating my opinion.

You can't expect everyone to agree with you.

You are starting an argument. Whether you mean to or not.

#24 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

I'm not trying to argue. I'm simply stating my opinion,

You're stating it in a place where the entire purpose of stating an opinion is to promote discussion with those who agree or disagree. If you're stating any sort of facts that support your opinion, then by definition, you're arguing. If you don't, then there's nothing about the opinion for others to discuss other than whether or not they agree. If they state facts for why they do or don't agree, then you've put them in a position where they are in fact arguing. If they aren't presenting facts, then the difference between agreeing and disagreeing is completely arbitrary, and therefore the very act of stating the opinion was completely pointless.

the new stories aren't anything that I haven't seen before. I prefer the TAS vesrion because of what they did with the character.

Again, completely vague. You could say TAS's stories were nothing you hadn't seen before, and you prefer Batman & Robin because of what they did with the character, and it'd be equally valid because you're not using any actual facts or examples.

@comicdude23 said:

And it had a bigger impact on me.

Of course the stories that introduced you to the character had a bigger impact on you than the most recent ones! If you'd never heard of Batman before reading Snyder's run, then regardless of quality, it'd have a big impact on how you looked at the character! This one isn't just arbitrary, it's completely absurd!

#25 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

That'e the difference between the battles forum and the Batman forum.

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

What, so everyone has to agree with everyone in every forum that isn't the battles forum?

That makes absolutely no sense.

#27 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

What, so everyone has to agree with everyone in every forum that isn't the battles forum?

That makes absolutely no sense.

*Sigh*

Let me explain. In the Battles forum, people argue over whether who would win in a fight. They debate until conclusion. But someone might say, ''Batman Begins is my favorite Batman movie'', you can't argue and expect him to change his mind based on you're opinion. That's the difference between an opinion on a show and a battle.

#28 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

News 52 is effing cool man! More gritty imo.

#29 Posted by andrewbullheaded (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both TAS and the new 52. The New 52 is good start and a solved a lot of issues like tim drake being from the get got red robin also mainstream pre new 52 was starting to get rusted. Batman has already 70+ years of history and it has many fans over countless iterations so everyone choose your favorite.

#30 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: What makes you think he's running out of stories?

#31 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that, that is not true at all... To be honest as far as the art goes in TAS, i like the comics and the animated movies more, and i dont like the "kiddie" humor the show often brings in..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.