Who is the weakest Bat-family member?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally believe it's Barbara.

#2 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger: I agree with you on that, I wish she wasn't Batgirl in the New 52 as well.

#3 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray said:

@Stronger: I agree with you on that, I wish she wasn't Batgirl in the New 52 as well.

No I love Barbara.She is my favourite famle comicbook characters,together with Catwoman.

It's just that she gets beat up by almost every one.

#4 Posted by Shipster360 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara definitely. I would say Catwoman, but she seems to escape so easily from situations she is outwatched. The only other one I would say would be Tim. Hes brilliant, but put him up against Dick or Jason or even Damian in a fist fight and hes done. In fact, I am pretty sure Tim has been beaten by both Jason and Damian.

#5 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Tim or Barbara. But if Harper Row counts, then probably her.

#6 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shipster360: Tim beaten by Damian? Read Yost's Red Robin and you'll see how "weak" he is. He's an excellent fighter, not that good as Dick, but he's really really good.

#7 Posted by Shipster360 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: well he was beaten by Damian in Batman and Son. Tim is still my favorite Robin. Ive always wanted to read those.

#8 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shipster360: Nope, he wasn't! Tim wasn't fighting, Damian got him off guard. I've read Batman and Son. Anyway, if you like Tim, you must read Yost's Red Robin. His run was from 01 to 12 and you got to love the way he shows Tim. In pre52, despite the fact every single Robin had his own advantages, Tim seemed to be the most "charismatic". I'm not saying he was the best Robin. Anyway, since we're in this thread, I'll say, Barb is the weakest link.

#9 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred! :D

#10 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

Alfred could take out Batgirl.

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

Don't be dissin alfred yo

Jason is weak, first to be killed by a villain

#12 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@FatihBATMAN said:

Don't be dissin alfred yo

Jason is weak, first to be killed by a villain

He was killed by a popularity vote. I'm not sure if that's worse or better.

#13 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Humanoid: better :)

nobody likes a two-bit punk

@FatihBATMAN:

#14 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow whats with the Aldred love here guys :D cool hehe! I like Jason man! hes a cool guy!

#15 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Humanoid said:

He was killed by a popularity vote. I'm not sure if that's worse or better.

And thats saying much.. hehe

#16 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-Cow

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7737 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara, followed by New 52 Tim.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs, she can't bench for sh!t.

#19 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara

@FatihBATMAN said:

#20 Posted by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Humanoid: better :)

nobody likes a two-bit punk

@FatihBATMAN:

Alfred is hardcore.

As smart as Batgirl is she still is the weakest. But doesn't she beat up Nightwing in a new 52 Batgirl issue?

#21 Posted by havoc1201 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs, she is such a victim in the comics and it gets so over played i get sick of it

#22 Posted by richardjohngrayson (439 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 wise Tim Drake.

#23 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Why that?

#24 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

alfred bet up batgirl in a new 52 issue?!? :O

#25 Posted by batshrine (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Misfit?!?! Does she count?

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is somehow weaker than Damian?

#27 Posted by consolemaster001 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs :p

#28 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Babs is somehow weaker than Damian?

Yes. Ignoring how much I like him as a character, Damian's skills have been sharpened since he could walk and Bruce is constantly limiting him so he can't use half of that training. She might have the edge in intelligence but when it comes down to pure combat skill, Damian wins easily. She has struggled in practically every fight she's had since New 52 began.

#29 Edited by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@gettogaara said:

She has struggled in practically every fight she's had since New 52 began.

How do we know Damian wouldn't have struggled or even been killed in any of those fights? What has he done that puts him beyond her level?
#30 Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is the weakest... because he's dead.

Staff
#31 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Damian is the weakest... because he's dead.

:P

#32 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

I personally believe it's Barbara.

I completely agree

#33 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Tim Drake

#34 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Lol, because Jason and Bruce haven't "died" before.

@Vance Astro: Honestly, it's hard to compare the two because Damian hasn't gone out of his way to start problems with her like he has with the other Robins. However, Damian rarely struggles with an opponent and when he does it's because they're on a similar level to Batman(NoBody & Heretic) So no I doubt he would've been killed by the people she was going up against but he might have struggled with a few. This is assuming he's not allowed to use the weapons he's mastered such as his sword though.

#35 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Babs or Tim. Ive been reading some of the stuff that came out before the new 52, (because i started reading comics right when the new 52 started) and im now starting to see how dramatically different some of the characters are. I finally see why everyone is up in arms about Tim and Babs. Tim has been downgraded so badly, and Babs is different without her Oracle background. i do see that she is still adjusting with her mobility and I have liked the series, but she has been playing the victim card. DOTF finally got her to face her fears and I loved how she handled it. I don't like the way Lobdell writes Tim, he is so cold, calculating, boring, and in way over his head. So if i had to choose between the two, I would say that Babs would be the weakest physically. Batman's a beast, Batwoman is most likely the strongest non super powered female in the DCU, Nightwing and Jason are pretty evenly matched but Jason has a new set of skills with the All-Caste, I would say that Damian and Tim are evenly matched, leaving Babs and Selina at the bottom of the totem pole, and I would see Selina getting herself out of a jam much quicker than Babs.

#36 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: Batwoman's not one of the family, but you could be right about the strength, she is pretty tough after all.

#37 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Batman.

#38 Posted by Teerack (7082 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara easily.

#39 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: benching is not a good indicator of fight skill

#40 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@wessaari: Batwoman's not one of the family, but you could be right about the strength, she is pretty tough after all.

true but I still like to include her because of her ties to Batman. I don't like that she is left in the corner of all things Gotham. I don't want her to be buddy buddy with everyone, but i think she deserves to have her presence known. Hell she even spared with Batgirl, and didnt break a sweat. All it takes to beat Babs is a swift kick to the back or a punch to the nose.

#41 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: I actually like that she's in her corner. It's been a pretty interesting corner to be in. :)

When I read that scene, it seemed a little odd that Batgirl took such a pounding, but I'm hearing she's kinda weak, and I know that Batwoman's strong, so I understand it now.

#42 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: I think DOTF has made her stronger, but it still doesn't get her higher in the rankings.

As for Batwoman in her corner, don't get me wrong, I think where she is now is where she needs to be. I love what she is doing, and I have picked up many back issues since I got Elegy. I just want her to be recognized is all. Babs was like, I don't know much about her, her bio doesn't say she has much training, but I think I can take her. She later goes on to say that she needs to update Batwoman bio. That is the kind of stuff I am talking about, kicking ass and letting everyone around know.

#43 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari:What rankings?

If by recognized, you mean she beats up each individual member of the family, I'd be alright with that. :)

Speaking of training, is one of the back issues you've got the second #0(Interlude)? It has some good information on how extreme Batwomans' training was.

#44 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara easily.

#45 Posted by BlackWind (6801 posts) - - Show Bio

If Stephanie doesn't count, then Barbara. Honestly, fighting isn't her strong point.

#46 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs.

#47 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

If by recognized, you mean she beats up each individual member of the family, I'd be alright with that. :)

Speaking of training, is one of the back issues you've got the second #0(Interlude)? It has some good information on how extreme Batwomans' training was.

ya i did lol. I wanna find the first 0 issue though. Its proving to be difficult

#48 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

ya i did lol. I wanna find the first 0 issue though. Its proving to be difficult

Maybe it's a little harder to find than the others because it came out longer ago.

#49 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: If you guys are talking about the new 52 Batwoman 0 issue than you can buy it digitally on comixology.

#50 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Barbara easily.

:O

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.