Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Who do you want to be the villain in the reboot?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Who do you want to be the villain in the reboot? (61 votes)

Joker 8%
    Bane 0%
    Scarecrow 2%
    Black Mask 20%
    Deathstroke 10%
    The Riddler 16%
    Penguin 2%
    Mr.Freeze 3%
    Two-Face 0%
    Ra's al Ghul 2%
    Court of Owls 20%
    Killer Croc 3%
    Deadshot 2%
    Clayface 5%
    Other? 8%

Joker has about a 99.9 percent chance of being the main villain.

But what would your choice be?

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Black Mask or Scarecrow.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I picked Black Mask also. I doubt he would be a villain for a while considering hes being the head boss in the next Arkham game.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clayface!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@pr0metheus: Probably raises his chances if anything, the more people that know him the better.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Other - Harley and Ivy. :D

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Black Mask :)

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: It gets him on the Grid down the line but they are most likely gunna play it safe and draw in people by using the Joker off the bat.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose black mask. I want a more disturbing villain that provides a good opportunity for some sleuthing, as opposed to visual effects and fighting.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Id love for court of owls for one of the movies. They're just too cool.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really suprises me that people want Black Mask. I always thought he was an underrated villain and i always liked him more then Joker. Im glad people would actually want him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was already a poll like this, anyways I voted Deathstroke but Freeze or Black Mask or Hush would be cool too.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy and the Mad Hatter.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Black Mask! And maybe Harley in a sequel with the Joker.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the villain just really dpends on how they do batman like is he old and experienced will he have a robin etc. like if hes old maybe hes taken a lot of them down already and they get cameos at arkham. personally id like to see mr freeze (but not the new 52 version). i would however like to see joker in all three like maybe theres a scene at arkham where you see a huge door thats bolted up and has a lot more security and someone (maybe robin) is like whats in there ? and batman can either say joker or the most evil villain ever. he could do a hannibal lector thing and bats asks him a few questions and he complies by asking bats a few of his own and at the end of movie 2 he breaks out at the end and in movie 3 he does a death of the family type plan

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I voted for Black Mask because he's a great villain who rarely gets any spot light, also I doubt Croc could carry a movie as a main villain but he'd make for a great Henchman.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is always my first pick, but If you mean the Superman/ Batman movie they announced, then you are going to need a very formidable villain, maybe even one that teams up with a Superman villain. This could still be Joker I guess... but it'd be cool to see a Bat-villian that could get into a fight with Supes.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Croc cause he really needs to be in a film sooner or later, although Black Mask would probably carry the film better.

Croc would be a great way to show Batman outclassed and the "man against gods/superhuman" theme he usually associated with Batman. It would show how Batman deals with a problem when brawn cannot be used. All the while it shows Croc losing his humanity more and more throughout the film. He would make a great alternative for Bane, who's been used too recently imo.

Also Joker as a villain would extremely turn me off the film, he's been overrated and overused in films too much now imo.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

1st movie: The Riddler probably with someone else as well (Clayface & Poison Ivy)

2nd movie: The Joker (it's bound to happen, so might as well put him here. plus he'll be a great team-up with Luthor against Batman/Superman)

3rd movie: Court of the Owls, with entire Bat family

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By krspaceT

@breadspread: @maccyd: It almost has to be a super powered member of his gallery if he wants to actually look like he can match Superman. Killer Croc could work, but so could Poison Ivy and Clayface. Perhaps even Solomon Grundy (Not quite a true Bat Villain, but has the right power level and the connections to The Great Batsby

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krspacet: I was thinking Killer Croc too, but I like it when he isn't too "super" powered, like in Batman #471, or BTAS, or Broken City...

I do like the huge, super-powered version of Croc from the Arkhamverse, but the character loses a bit of his humanity when he's this much of a monster, and I'm not sure how that'd work on film.

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red_Lion1989

Due to Heath Ledger doing a ridiculously good job in The Dark Knight, I want them to leave the Joker out of the next couple of films. We really don't need anyone trying to live up to that performance. I would like to see someone like the Black Mask or Great White as a minor villain to act as a physical threat, maybe with someone like Killer Croc as an enforcer, while theres an intelligent threat pulling the strings in the background, such as Hugo Strange.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@red_lion1989: I dont know which one but this guy is playing the Joker in a Batman fanfilm and if he has the right voice he would be perfect for a younger Batman. I mean J and B are usually portrayed around the same age so it would be a pretty good choice.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tec79

The Penguin as the main protagonist fighting a war against Black Mask. This would allow a character such as Dead Shot to appear, an older Batman would have accumulated a long list of adversaries the film makers can draw from to use in different capacities.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no choice, it has to be one of his more fantastic villains for the good of the DC movie verse. They claim they want to set up Justice league and have him appear with superman. Sorry, but it can't be penguin, black mask or any of this type of challenges. We need a super-powered villain, something that will allow them to whip out the JLA batman, the one that wips out super-tech to beat super-aliens, the one with the will to resist powerful mind control, the one who's stealth and kung fu is so awesome he can vanish from superman.

I chose Clayface because we've never seen him in a movie. But honestly it wouldn't matter as long as it's a super-powered foe. we need a properly done Poison Ivy, or Clayface, or Mister Freeze something completely out of the weight class of normal humans to establish his worth in a movie with superman and WW

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black mask for the first then riddler then killer croc or clayface

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Breadspread

@pr0metheus: I think it'll more and likely be a Superman villain working with a Batman Villain. What possible combinations work?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@breadspread: Lex Luthor/Joker is the obvious combination. I never watched Man of Steel so i dont know if they introduced him yet. None of the Batrogues that come to mind would really want to work with a Superman rogue because just for an example Doomsday wouldn't want the help of Bane or something along those lines. The only duo i can see working the Lex/Joker. They might do a Superman/Batman: Apocalypseordeal.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: there's a few Bat-rogues that could be "for hire"... Like an assassin, or mercenary, but you'd think they would want as interesting a dynamic as the Batman/Superman relationship with any villain team-up.

...to be honest, I can't think of that many Superman villains.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@breadspread: Doomsday,Lex,Brainiac,Darkseid,Zod,Metallo,Parasite,Mongul,Bizzaro,Grundy,Atomic Skull. Just to name a few. (I ran out after Metallo so i dont blame you)

I could see Lex hiring Deathstroke and/or Metallo to Assassinate Supes/Bats. I think people would like to see Deathstroke but i dont think many people wanna see Metallo and he isnt that known.

If Doomsday attacked he wouldnt want help from the Batrogues. Same for Darkseid and Mogul.

You got any ideas how a teamup could happen without it having a giant plothole? I mean say Darkseid isnt just gunna randomly hire Mr.Freeze to take care of Batman.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Breadspread

@pr0metheus: yeah, I hear you. Maybe a Bat-villain hires a Superman villain?

I could see Brainiac using Bat-rogues to his advantage maybe...

Grundy might be a good choice, he does pop up in Batman a lot.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@breadspread: I could see Brainiac making robot clones of his rogues to fool Batman and try to capture him.

I'm not familiar with Comic Grundy,does he want money? I'm only familiar with the JLU animated Grundy and all he wanted was money. If so i could see Black Mask or Ra's hiring him to take out Superman once the duo beat them and they realise there no match from Superman.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MethoKi

I personally want Riddler. Why? Because, if it's anyone who's gonna show how smart Batman is, it's him. I wanna see a cameo of Maxie Zeus, Mad Hatter and Calendar Man.

Deathstroke would be perfect to introduce too.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
    No Caption Provided

@batman242: This guy has the look and the acting skills to play Deathstroke.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: He actually does.. at least looks like him, anyway. Never seen him before. Was He Deathstroke in Arrow? Never really watched that show.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@batman242: The guy holding the mask is Deathstroke in Arrow. Actually to be honest they changed Deathstroke a lot,hes not a mercenary for hire he works for some Austrailian government and hes not the only "Deathstroke" his friend John Withergreen or something like that is also has a Deathstroke costume. That guy up there holding the mask is named Slade Wilson but hes a completely different character. He even refused money because he didnt wanna have to hurt innocent people..

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MethoKi

No Caption Provided

@batman242: The guy holding the mask is Deathstroke in Arrow. Actually to be honest they changed Deathstroke a lot,hes not a mercenary for hire he works for some Austrailian government and hes not the only "Deathstroke" his friend John Withergreen or something like that is also has a Deathstroke costume. That guy up there holding the mask is named Slade Wilson but hes a completely different character. He even refused money because he didnt wanna have to hurt innocent people..

Loading Video...

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Shits weird yo. but he actually plays him pretty well IMO. I love the HISHE Cafe moments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want riddler. Batmans intellect hasn't been shown very much in movies and the riddler is an awesome villian who can match wits with him and provide challenges that test his physical ability and fighting style and his intellect. Everything about batman can be shown with the riddler and his challenges/puzzles

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riddler.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324 said:

I want riddler. Batmans intellect hasn't been shown very much in movies and the riddler is an awesome villian who can match wits with him and provide challenges that test his physical ability and fighting style and his intellect. Everything about batman can be shown with the riddler and his challenges/puzzles

YES.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: But.... two Deathstrokes.... and yea. My favorite HISHE moment is when Bats and Superman are at comic-con and the kid asks "How'd you make your costume looks so rea--" "-Because I'M BATMAN!!" xD

@jayc1324 said:

Explained it better than I did.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
    Loading Video...

@batman242: I could be wrong about this : but the John wiltergreen or whatever his name is,is in the comics too but hes like Deathstrokes Alfred not his equal. Also Deathstroke (Slade) kills the other Deathstroke.

My favorite one is when there sitting the in Cafe and Batman changes into his Dark Knight costume and voice and Superman says "You sound like you're gargling marbles" Edit : Theres the video

Also about the intellect he would have to use his intellect to fight someone like Grundy. Maybe not as much as the Riddler but me saying that might be biased as i dont really like The Riddler

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.