Who could have been able to top/match Heath Ledger's Joker ?

#1 Posted by TheThe (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading some reviews here and there, it's occur to me that people who have seen TDKR are pretty much agreeing Heath Ledger performance hasnt been topped by Tom Hardy interpretation of Bane. According to you, is there any actor you can think of and who could have been able to top Heath Ledger brilliant acting skills ? There are some actors i can clearly portray as Joker, so i'm wondering what if they were given the chance to play Heath Ledger's part ?

The actors i think who could have topped or matched Heath Ledger : Robert Downey Jr and Johnny Depp.

For Bane, i dont know, since i havent seen the movie yet. But i've always thought Idriss Elba and Jason Statham could have been good.Robert Downey Jr also, is pretty much versatile.

Ps: Please, dont spoil the movie(TDKR). I'm just asking for opinions.

Ps: from a scale from 1 to 10, how would you describe Tom Hardy performance compared to Heath ledger ?

#2 Posted by Douche_Macenzi (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I still prefer jack nicholson as th joker. People were saying nobody would out do him as joker for long enough. I don't want to say that people will think Heath ledger is the best just cause he died, but it is a little true. He was good but he got so overrated after a while, kinda put me off a bit. Someone will come along and do a different maybe better version of joker or some other villain eventually. I'd have liked to see a young willem Defoe as the joker but he is a bit old now. It's kinda hard to find good young actors that could do the role of joker well. But saying that nobody would have ever thought pretty boy Heath would do such a good job let alone b considered for the part. I think jonny depp would b a better riddler but better b soon cause he is gettin old too. Tom hardy done a pretty good job, wasn't an ideal style of bane but he did a good job of it. Not totally amazing but I didnt not like it. Copared to Heath ledger he's about an 8or 9 in my opinion.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger is way overrated. No one thought he was so good until he died. I think any talented actor could pull off the role once they understand the character and the part. Tom Hardy did a great job playing his own Bane just like Ledger did a great job playing his own Joker. I give them both an 8/10.

#4 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would take Heath's part? I was really wanting to see Crispin Glover take on the Joker before TDK was released. I thought he could pull off a good Joker, and with Joker paint, I think he would look damn near identical to the Joker from comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.