Who could die in "Death of the Family?"

• 54 results
#1 Posted by CobaltArchangel (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Next week the Joker returns in the upcoming "Death of the Family" story arc. The last time anything like this happened the second Robin ,Jason Todd, bought the farm. Do you think another Bat-family member could bite the dust in the next few months? If so who could die?

#2 Posted by The3rdOption (27 posts) - - Show Bio

With a title like "Death in the Family" it would be kinda disappointing if no one did die. As for your second question I suppose....Anyone?

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

How about...the family?

#4 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred or Jim Gordon are my thoughts. Hopefully Damian.

#5 Posted by goldenbat (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they won't kill Robin again, and Joker has already taken a shot a Batgirl. Catwoman won't die as she's hardly connected to the Batman Family. And, of course, it's only issue #13, so it's unlikely Joker will kill Batman. Batman's too cool anyway. It'll probably be Commissioner Gordon, but it could be Nightwing or Alfred... maybe even Huntress (Helena Wayne, Batman and Catwoman's daughter). After all, DC did recently confirm that Helena Bertinelli was actually just an alias used by Helena Wayne, so perhaps they brought her back for a reason - to kill her?

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldenbat said:

Well, they won't kill Robin again, and Joker has already taken a shot a Batgirl. Catwoman won't die as she's hardly connected to the Batman Family. And, of course, it's only issue #13, so it's unlikely Joker will kill Batman. Batman's too cool anyway. It'll probably be Commissioner Gordon, but it could be Nightwing or Alfred... maybe even Huntress (Helena Wayne, Batman and Catwoman's daughter). After all, DC did recently confirm that Helena Bertinelli was actually just an alias used by Helena Wayne, so perhaps they brought her back for a reason - to kill her?

LOL I love the subtitle: "An Epic Event". Creative.

#7 Posted by JShiv (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll be Commissioner Gordon, but I hope it's Red Hood

#8 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Alfred would be an interesting choice.

#9 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

PLEEEAASE BE RED HOOD! i hate him, the only reason his charater i still around is because of his fanboy following.

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@The3rdOption: Its Death of the Family, A Death in the Family is the '87 story

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

shit....this is the new 52 Batman right? damn damn....someone dieing again...I hope not...Cant be Red Hood he has his own comic now..theyre Dc's counting on him...maybe Red Rbobin?

#12 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, if anyone was going to die, and they want to make this an event to be remembered... Alfred.

It would be the ultimate blow to Bruce and Batman and the entire Batfamily.

Which is why I sincerely doubt it will happen.

But you never know.

#14 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

this is actually a little mind blowing..........All of the character as of now is established....how many months or years was Jason in service with batman? I mean how many comics did he run in?

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7466 posts) - - Show Bio

My bet would be Alfred. If that happens though, I'l be pretty furious.

#16 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I think no one will die...tbh..

#17 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred bcuz Harper need some place to start at

#18 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

If Steph were around, she would've been my guess for who would die.

But if we gotta go with someone, Alfred would be my guess (though I very much hope not). Harley, Dick, Babs, Jason, Selina, Damian, and Tim have their own books that they star/co-star in so it's unlikely any of them will be taken out. No way they'll "kill" Bruce Wayne again so quickly. And there hasn't been enough time for Harper to situate herself as pseudo-Batfamily material for her death to mean anything to Batman and co. Alfred's death would not mess with any individual series but would have a lasting impact on nearly everybody.

#19 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon.

I don't want it to happen but It might...

#20 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a lie... The death will be the Girl's brother... not one of the Bat-Family.

#21 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone's going to die I think it just means its going to tear the bat-family apart

#22 Posted by The3rdOption (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Huh, so it is. That does make things more interesting.

#23 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@The3rdOption said:

@KnightRise said:

Huh, so it is. That does make things more interesting.

Exactly. Modern depictions of the Joker lean toward the agent of chaos angle, me thinks he'll be attacking their foundations rather than offing someone.

#24 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Gota like that technicality in titles

#25 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

if you dissect the title! it actually says that no one is gonna die, rather that Joker will maybe split the "family" apart or make the family angry at eachother..

#26 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

She is only kind of part of the family, but Catwoman would be a good choice. Her comic isn't selling the best right now, and with the recent success of TDKR many people may be paying attention to her.

#27 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not going to kill Tim, Dick, Jason, Barbara, or Damian. They all have their own books that are doing fairly well and it would be dumb to ruin one of their other stories to kill them off in here. My guess is Alfred.. He's the one in the family who holds them all together and he's a father to Bruce and pretty much a grandfather to the rest of them. Plus... this is on DC's website:

Batman #13

• The Joker returns in “DEATH OF THE FAMILY”!

• He crippled Batgirl. He killed Robin. What will The Joker do now that he’s returned to Gotham City?

• What must Batman do to protect his secret identity and that of those who fight alongside him?

Batman #14

• “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” continues!

• The Joker is back and somehow more sinister than ever! What caused this change? And can even Batman stop a Joker so driven and dangerous?

And where is Alfred?

• Plus: In the backup feature, The Penguin is running out of options as he’s confronted by The Joker!

Batman #15

“DEATH OF THE FAMILY” continues here!

• The Joker’s attacks have taken their toll on Batman and his allies, and now they have to face the impossible.

• The final madness of The Joker’s plan revealed here! Why is he more dangerous now than ever before?

• Plus: In the backup feature, witness The Joker’s confrontation with the Riddler as the horror of The Joker’s plan is revealed.

That makes me think Alfred may be biting the dust

#28 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

.......jesus....Alfred......DAMMIT!!!!

#29 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone important will die. I think the title may allude to Joker trying to tear the family apart as apposed to killing anyone directly in it. The title implies the "death of the family" itself, and not one individual.

#30 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

How long does this arc last? A year?

#31 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred will be used as the catalyst to pull them all apart.

Rescue him right away

vs

I'm doing it THIS way

vs

We have to wait and see, he's crazy! He'll kill him!

vs

Shoot him in the head, problem solved

#32 Edited by MichaelTheBoyWonder (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by The Stegman (24392 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred would be the most earth shattering, AND the most ballsy move...let's see if DC is up to it.

#34 Posted by wessaari (623 posts) - - Show Bio

wow i just posted a new forum, about the worst case scenarios in A Death of the Family, and i didnt even see this, sorry bout that :/

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

What if it's Jason Todd all over again?

#36 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: They've only advertised four weeks in advance, so maybe four weeks, probably longer. DC is extremely particular about making stories long enough to make into TPB.

#37 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@MichaelTheBoyWonder said:

Owlman? I mean he's supposedly Bruce's brother, that means he's family.

omg spoiler........

#38 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@MichaelTheBoyWonder: That would still just be a Death in the Family. He's not important enough to tear them apart like Alfred would be

#39 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

im calling Alfred a target, Gordon a big target...look at the preview guys?

#40 Posted by MichaelTheBoyWonder (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_Money_Christmas: True, I just kind of want it to be him because I wouldn't want someone like Alfred to die :/

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6896 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

#42 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody is going to die. The whole thing is going ti be a non-event.

#44 Posted by CobaltArchangel (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: Its all good! This is my first ever topic and Im glad to see this many people check it out!

#45 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred or Tim Drake. Tim doesn't even own a book, he shares it with an entire team. Alfred can easily be replaced by Harper Row! lol.

#46 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Alfred or Tim Drake. Tim doesn't even own a book, he shares it with an entire team. Alfred can easily be replaced by Harper Row! lol.

makes good sense here

How can Harper take Alfred's place? just because she developed a knack for cleaning and fixing stuff?

#47 Posted by velvetmeds (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone's going to die.. death OF the family could mean a lot of things, without anyone in particular dying. The title is a play on the words of the old title, doesn't mean there's also going to be a death like there was in death in the family

#48 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@MichaelTheBoyWonder: I agree. Alfred is too big a part of the whole Batman saga but it could definitely tear them apart.

#49 Posted by GreySnake369 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the joker is going to die but before he does he's going to make the "Bat-Family" go their seperate ways. For "death of the family" to really happen joker would have to literally kill everyone expect Batman. Thats my guess anyways....

And why isn't Batwoman included in this whole "Death of the family" event. So what if she refused Batmans help, she's still based out of Gotham and wears a bat costume, and i think its been established that she is related to Bruce through his mother wtf?!?!?!?

#50 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker dieing?... Hmm...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.