Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Which film Batman was the best fighter?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I was watching DKR the other night and thought the way he tackled Bane was rather lame, failing to fully use his martial arts skills and trying to out brawl a brawler. Having said this he despatched most of the other "baddies" impressively. But for me one of my favourite fights was in the 1989 Michael Keaton movie where Batman one shotted that Bruce lee rip off who was wielding swords.......some good scraps in that film I thought. It got lamer however, by Batman and Robin!!

Whodid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Personally I prefer the fight scenes in Batman (1989), although I do like The Dark Knight fight scenes, although I keep questioning why he bothered to use the sonar vision to fight Joker at the end, kept getting him hit, if he had used his martial arts skills against him he wouldn't have been pinned down, but that's kind of irrelevant ye Michael Keatons Batman for me.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

In the films he's never really been the "ninja detective" from the comics. More "commando gadgeteer". The pre-Batsuit fight scenes in Batman Begins are the closest we get. They need to design a Batsuit that provides more mobility.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: I would say a ninja gadget person..

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Bale is the best fighter of all the Batmen out there.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

MOTP

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is MoTP counts then that batman obviously. Otherwise I will bale because he actually looked like he knew martial arts although some of the scenes were poorly shot from a bad or too zoomed in angle

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam West, you can't tell me his fight scenes are not the best. Bam!

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bale's Batman always made me feel like he knew martial arts, but the fight scenes always came down to him bopping people upside the head or doing an armlock for the most part. They always looked the same to be. HELL NO to Clooney. Ditto for Val Kilmer. Keaton's was probably the best, but it wasn't like he was doin a ton of stuff either. He did have the more memorable moments in his fights though.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Bale's batman is the best fighter

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bale batman at least knows 3 fighting styles, he is more skilled than the rest.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bale batman at least knows 3 fighting styles, he is more skilled than the rest.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tkr duh, who cares what people say about the lame Burton films, bane was badasx

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@whodid said:

Personally I prefer the fight scenes in Batman (1989), although I do like The Dark Knight fight scenes, although I keep questioning why he bothered to use the sonar vision to fight Joker at the end, kept getting him hit, if he had used his martial arts skills against him he wouldn't have been pinned down, but that's kind of irrelevant ye Michael Keatons Batman for me.

I always questioned that too, but I guess It's kinda like why people use detective vision while fighting in the Arkham Games, just cause.

But I do think Bale Batman was the best fighter out of all of them. I liked all the fight scenes in the Dark Knight.

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam West; his punches are so powerful it causes sound effects the explode across the area.

But seriously, it's hard to say. Bale was really good in Batman Begins, however his fighting ability suffered in The Dark Knight, and then it went to pitiable standard in The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm a little hazy on the fighting sequences of the George Clooney films and the Micheal Keaton ones.

Does Batman: The Animated Series Batman count? Because I believe that Batman's the best when it comes to fighting.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does Batman: The Animated Series Batman count? Because I believe that Batman's the best when it comes to fighting.

I put my money on this. I've never really felt any Batman movie really nailed the fighting aspects, they should put a real martial artist in the Batsuit next time, and please no Batarmor, he's not a robot, so he can actually execute the moves he knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.