Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Which Batman would win?(Revised)

• 59 results
    ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ganon15

Round 1 - BTAS Batman vs Nolan's Batman

Round 2 - TNBA Batman vs Nolan's Batman

Round 3 - Justice League Batman vs Nolan's Batman

Round 4 - Michael Keaton's Batman vs BTAS Batman

Round 5 - Michael Keaton's Batman vs Nolan's Batman

Remember, we're talking about Nolan's Batman in his prime and with all of their gadgets. Who'd win each round?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - bale gets owned

Round 2 - second verse same as the first

Round 3 - the trifecta of bale getting his ass kicked

Round 4 - well Keaton actualy looks like he can fight in the suit and not just flail about but animated still takes this

Round 5 - Bale become perfect... at losing

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - bale gets owned

Round 2 - second verse same as the first

Round 3 - the trifecta of bale getting his ass kicked

Round 4 - well Keaton actualy looks like he can fight in the suit and not just flail about but animated still takes this

Round 5 - Bale become perfect... at losing

XD you really don't like Bale do you?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Bales Batman gets curbstomped five times straight.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: Funny thing is i liked the first and second movies but the third completely soured me on the trilogy

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ganon15

@ganon15: Funny thing is i liked the first and second movies but the third completely soured me on the trilogy

yeah, the third movie was sh*t

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What are people's problem with Bale's Batman? He would certainly own Keaton (who I loved, but still he intentionally killed people, which is not Batman)

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are people's problem with Bale's Batman? He would certainly own Keaton (who I loved, but still he intentionally killed people, which is not Batman)

I have to agree with this^

@constantine: Bale killed Ra's

and Harvey Dent, and Talia(I still don't get how she died from her truck injuries yet Joker was fine in TDK)

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Constantine

@lordofthenorth: If you watch the movies he actually "unintentionally" kills a few people, which always annoyed me, most notably for me in TDK when he drives the Tumbler into the garbage truck in the underground and absolutely crushes the driver

but as for Ra's he simply refuses to save him (which I'm sure you could argue)

Whereas Keaton uses his Batmobile to burn a thug alive and kills the Joker on purpose (when even in Dark Knight Returns, which was a highlight in making Batman his gritty and dark self today he wouldn't kill Joker) I like Burton's interpretation, i'm just saying

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@ganon15: not to mentions Selina striaght up murders Bane and he runs off with her

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SilverPool

1- Bale loses, but doesn't get stomped
    2- Same
    3- Bale Batman would get destroyed because Bale Batman is an attempt to set Batman in the realm of possibility, Justice League Batman can fight super beings because he's popular.
    4- Animated wins.
    5- Bale wins. Bale has taken on more enemies at once than Keaton in film, has better gadgets, and owns a more useful Batmobile.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

What are people's problem with Bale's Batman? He would certainly own Keaton

Baleman doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Keaton.

Its always the same with Battle threads involving Batman, they always end up becoming popularity contests :\

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2- Same

3- Bale Batman would get destroyed because Bale Batman is an attempt to set Batman in the realm of possibility, Justice League Batman can fight super beings because he's popular.

4- Animated wins.

5- Bale wins. Bale has taken on more enemies at once than Keaton in film, has better gadgets, and owns a more useful Batmobile.

^this sounds right

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Constantine

@silent_bomber: the popularity thing is understandable because it is down to opinion,

but Bale would certainly beat Keaton, or as you would say Keaton doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell

down to what we see in TDK trilogy and Burton's two films

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@constantine: agreed but i do see letting Ra's die as killing him becuase thats the way Batman in the comics would feel about it you can see Batman's reaction when he learned Dick let the Blockbuster be killed

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Bale would kill Keaton (not literally). He's stronger, is a ninja, has taken on entire swat teams, and has much better gadgets.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Oh yes, I agree, I just don't find it SO condemning, I also saw it as an opportunity (at the time) that if someone were to take over the franchise, they could bring Ra's back (this was assuming that maybe Nolan wouldn't be as successful as he was and get a trilogy like he did) but in reflection he did kill Ra's

As for Catwoman and Bane, that is no surprise

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2- Same

4- Animated wins.

I honestly think BTAS Batman and Nolan's Batman are equal in terms of feats

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: the popularity thing is understandable because it is down to opinion,

but Bale would certainly beat Keaton, or as you would say Keaton doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell

down to what we see in TDK trilogy and Burton's two films

What we see in Burton's film is a bullet timer who kicks and punches peoples several foot through the air, tanks explosions he's in the middle of, can punch through the flooring of his car, and can lift a woman with one hand whilst holding onto a ledge with another. A guy who's stealthy enough to make his way around thugs, escape police, and seemingly disappear at will.

What we saw in the Dark Knight Trilogy was a well trained athlete-level human in highly efficient armour that was extremely effective against fire and falls, who's stealthy enough to make his way around thugs, escape police, and seemingly disappear at will.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Constantine

@silent_bomber: As for the bullet timer thing you can elaborate for me, as for kicking people feet through the air, whilst this is a typical movie idiocy (especially for 90's/80's films), it was also seen by kilmer and clooney's batman neither of which I would say are formidable foes, but as far as strength, though Bane may not be as deliberately strong he would surely be as physically demanding and yet Bale beat him. The explosion and car punch thing also factor into strength, however Keaton had no skill or real technique in fighting (Joker being a match for him), by which Bale is leaps and bounds beyond and could undeniably outclass in fighting and strategically outwit.

As for him lifting a woman etc. Bale's feat of catching Neeson whilst sliding off a snowy cliff and pulling him to safety is much more impressive. Plus as stated Bales gadgets and suits are much more effective.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By silent_bomber
    @constantine said:

@silent_bomber: Keaton had no skill or real technique in fighting (Joker being a match for him).

Joker a match?!

I think you're getting a little mixed up there, Keaton's Joker backed away whilst pleading and getting punched in the face, it was Baleman's Joker and some dogs which were the match for their Batman.

@constantine said:

@silent_bomber: Bale is leaps and bounds beyond and could undeniably outclass in fighting

No Caption Provided
    @constantine said:

@silent_bomber: it was also seen by kilmer and clooney's batman neither of which I would say are formidable foes.

Clooney would annihilate Baleman as well, he was completely superhuman, his Robin could climb up the side of a missile traveling at escape velocity and surfboard across rooft............

Jeez this is getting old LOL I've gone through this argument too many times, its always the same, nothing ever changes.

I'm giving up, there are already too many pages dedicated to this topic already, after you bring up the Joker's Bodyguard fight in Batman 1989, I'll point out that it occurred after Keaton had crawled away from a plane crash, you'll probably try to give Baleman speed feats based on some grunt missing him in a tunnel and I'll argue it doesn't count, you might then possibly bring up that Keaton dropped the Joker in the Acid, and I'll say it was after he used his right arm to block a bullet etc etc.

It'll probably end with a long-winded argument about curling Ra's Vs lifting a woman when she has circular momentum LOL.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: I guess I just don't like the ridiculousness of those movies and I don't equate their feats to showing any real skill.

And sure "match" wasn't the best choice of words but even against the superhuman Keaton, Joker only got ruffed up a little bit, taking several punches directly to the face and yet even after all that and falling over the edge of the building, he can still pull Batman and Vicki Vale over with him, what a cunning foe.

And wow Batman was punching Bane in the face, what a half-brained savage.

To be honest I don't scour the web for these topics, this is the first time I have seen a Keaton vs. Bale "argument" so excuse me for this being a fresh topic in my eyes, so feel free to be disgusted at us lesser beings whilst you and your superior knowledge are held over us.

What it actually comes down to is you obviously feeling that Keaton's superstrength would win this match despite him not really being all that good at fighting (in my eyes), whilst I would argue my belief that Baleman's superior fighting skill and intelligence would win out. I mean hell when Baleman realises Keaton is a superhuman and cannot be harmed by explosives, he would probably hop in The Bat and throw a few non harmful explosives round his way, which would surely be just enough to knock him unconscious. Then you would probably argue hey thats not a win cause look Keaton's not dead when I would argue that Batman is not supposed to kill and in anyway a knockout is a win in my eyes.

Guess what it might boil down to is me going I like human realistic Baleman, cause not only is he the closest representation to Batman, he is also based in a real world setting, whilst you like Keaton because he was given superpowers by Tim Burton and its all dark and gloomy.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Animated beats all live action. Bale beats Keaton.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is the first time I have seen a Keaton vs. Bale "argument" so excuse me for this being a fresh topic in my eyes, so feel free to be disgusted at us lesser beings whilst you and your superior knowledge are held over us.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just tired of the argument, I feel like I've heard all the sides already, I'm burnt out on it.

I think in future I'll just post some GIFs without commenting on them, people can just interpret them for themselves that way.

@silent_bomber: What it actually comes down to is you obviously feeling that Keaton's super-strength would win this match despite him not really being all that good at fighting (in my eyes).

I think the two movies indicate that Keaton is at least experienced at fighting, he punches, kicks, blocks, evades etc, he's also calm and collected. I don't think there's any argument to him being an inexperienced street fighter or brawler for instance.

That's me giving him as low credit in that area as I think is realistic.

I like human realistic Baleman, cause not only is he the closest representation to Batman, he is also based in a real world setting, whilst you like Keaton because he was given superpowers by Tim Burton and its all dark and gloomy.

Comic book Batman can kick through tree trunks, punch people through walls, walk away from buildings collapsing on him, dodge Superman, stealth Superman (who can supposedly hear a heartbeat from the other side of the planet) etc.

He pretty much already had superpowers.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By modernww2fare

@silent_bomber said:

@constantine said:

this is the first time I have seen a Keaton vs. Bale "argument" so excuse me for this being a fresh topic in my eyes, so feel free to be disgusted at us lesser beings whilst you and your superior knowledge are held over us.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just tired of the argument, I feel like I've heard all the sides already, I'm burnt out on it.

I think in future I'll just post some GIFs without commenting on them, people can just interpret them for themselves that way.

@constantine said:

@silent_bomber: What it actually comes down to is you obviously feeling that Keaton's super-strength would win this match despite him not really being all that good at fighting (in my eyes).

I think the two movies indicate that Keaton is at least experienced at fighting, he punches, kicks, blocks, evades etc, he's also calm and collected. I don't think there's any argument to him being an inexperienced street fighter or brawler for instance.

@constantine said:

I like human realistic Baleman, cause not only is he the closest representation to Batman, he is also based in a real world setting, whilst you like Keaton because he was given superpowers by Tim Burton and its all dark and gloomy.

Comic book Batman can kick through tree trunks, punch people through walls, walk away from buildings collapsing on him, dodge Superman, stealth Superman (who can supposedly hear a heartbeat from the other side of the planet) etc.

Don't forget jumping across rooftops that are like 50 ft apart, surviving punches from super-powered beings in general and dodging bullets like cars.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone back on topic. At some point I'd like to see someone come up with scenarios for each match :) that'd be fun

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Constantine

@constantine said:

This is very understandable, arguments can get tiresome haha especially ones you hear over and over

@constantine said:

I never said he was inexperienced, and he is still batman, I meant that it was just quite typical fighting for action movies etc.

And yet he still listed as human with no superpowers at all, apart from super good looks

In the end it doesn't matter, you'd like Keaton to win and I'd like Bale to

But we do indeed seemed to have traveled far off topic haha

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale loses all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: My reasoning is simply the fact that Bale has better gadgets, is a ninja, and took an entire swat team

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Experio

@jayc1324: That's a much better reason than mine, which is 'I don't like his voice' lol

Quocalimar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale was a pretty gritty Batman. As far as 'doing whatever it takes to win' this one came as close as any of the rest. I mean, assuming they would fight in the first place, I believe the Batman that is willing to go the furthest to win, will win.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ganon15

@jayc1324 said:

@experio: My reasoning is simply the fact that Bale has better gadgets, is a ninja, and took an entire swat team

and got his arse kicked by a puny version of Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: He was just getting back into the swing of things, and greatly underestimated bane. Bane wasn't tiny, he just wasn't as big as he is in the comics because TDKR is based in realism. And don't forget that he beat bane later on. How do you think Keaton would do against bane? He would lose even worse. He has no feats on the level of Bale

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ganon15

@jayc1324 said:

@ganon15: He was just getting back into the swing of things, and greatly underestimated bane. Bane wasn't tiny, he just wasn't as big as he is in the comics because TDKR is based in realism. And don't forget that he beat bane later on. How do you think Keaton would do against bane? He would lose even worse. He has no feats on the level of Bale

he was shorter than Bale!! realism yet he somehow survives without eating or drinking whatsoever due to his mask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: I'm pretty sure bane ate and drank. He probably just took off his mask. And I thought they used lifts in his shoes to make him taller

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ganon15

@jayc1324 said:

@ganon15: I'm pretty sure bane ate and drank. He probably just took off his mask. And I thought they used lifts in his shoes to make him taller

he couldn't remove it because "it would be extremely painful" -so he wore the mask 24/7

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SilverPool

@ganon15 said:

@jayc1324 said:

he was shorter than Bale!! realism yet he somehow survives without eating or drinking whatsoever due to his mask

Your height has nothing to do with your combat skill. He was incredibly imposing because he had so much muscle on him, and could use his speed and brute strength in a fight. If you think height gives you some great advantage in a fight look at Bruce Lee.

Edit: Lol Bane uses a g-tube.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@jayc1324 said:

Your height has nothing to do with your combat skill. He was incredibly imposing because he had so much muscle on him, and could use his speed and brute strength in a fight. If you think height gives you some great advantage in a fight look at Bruce Lee.

It was still by far his weakest incarnation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: Weakest in term of strength yes.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@silverpool said:

@ganon15 said:

@jayc1324 said:

It was still by far his weakest incarnation.

He hasn't ever been done in a very realistic fashion before so that's not really saying much. All of his stuff has been animated, and he usually if not always has venom.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ganon15

@silverpool: @jayc1324: Keaton's Batman would've punched him and then put a bomb on him like he did to that goon in Batman Returns.

(skip to 1:11)

Loading Video...

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By Onemoreposter

Animated Batman wins all his fights.

Bale loses all his fights.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By evilvegeta74

Adam West!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.