Which BATMAn films are better?

#1 Posted by batfan2324 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooh, good thread! 

Tough one, because Mask of the Phantasm is the finest superhero film to date, but then the Nolanverse trilogy probably fill up the next three slots in terms of Batman film excellence. 

Batman and Robin is an abomination, but then, so was Mystery of the Batwoman. 

I'll give it to animated, because Beyond was superior to the 1989 film, Under the Red Hood was better than Returns, and Vs Dracula is much better than Forever. 

Sub-Zero, the 1966 film and Gotham Knight can just go be somewhere else.

#3 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call.

My personal favorite Batman films are of the following: Batman/Mr.Freeze: Sub-Zero, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2, Batman & Robin (1997), The Nolan Batman Trilogy....so I guess Animated trumps over Live...because certain physical physiques on villains have no limits once animated.

#4 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Under the Red Hood and Mask of the Phantasm. 'Nuff said.

#5 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolanverse is best, but all the crappy real ones weigh it down to much.

#6 Posted by Bushwhacker_ (576 posts) - - Show Bio

......Are ya kiddin'?

Animated all the way.

#7 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted real because of Nolan's films. But Under the Red Hood is right up there with them.

#8 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charetter115 said:

Nolanverse is best, but all the crappy real ones weigh it down to much.

Yeah, this is my issue. I'm giving the edge to real because I love the Nolanverse, and that side needs a little more love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.