Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

When did Batman join Sinestro Corps?

Acharya77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Acharya77

As the title suggest I'm wondering what event, or circumstances went on that gave Batman a yellow ring? Main reason I ask is mostly cause the whole Sinestro Corps skin they have for Batman in Arkham City as well as some of the figures I've seen for it while they look cool I just keep scratching my head wondering when the hell did this happen? I'm curious how he used the ring like how long did he have it maybe any other details if ya got them. I did try looking around and I found out about Batman: In Blackest Night which was some one off story where Batman got the green lantern ring instead of Hal Jordon. But yeah just looking for any kind of explanation on this. Was it just a one off story? Was it an alternate universe story?

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acharya77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Acharya77

So from the looks of it, this was something that happened briefly within what I guess you'd consider the main universe. Easy to see with the connection of fear though. Thank you much

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By nightwing91

@Atary77: Green Lantern #17, it sought him out. However back in Green Lantern #9 Hal had let Bruce use his ring, that exposure gave him the ability to resist the yellow ring.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

Green Lantern #17, the Wanted: Hal Jordan arc. The ring chose him to represent 2814, but he fought it with his will and his prior exposure to a GL ring, which caused it to abandon him and seek out Amon Sur instead.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BloodTalon

I liked and hated that part

On the one hand it was fun to see Batman get a yellow ring because he's the Bat and "OH SO SCARRY"

but on the other hand it was so out of character for him not to fallow up on it. I mean he has fought Sinestro before and is well aware of the power that the rings posses so if there are yellow rings floating about choosing hosts. Don't you think that he'd want to stick his bat nose in Hall's GL affairs. it would have been better to just leave it out.

Acharya77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Acharya77

Thanks greatly for the insight. I have to admit the yellow lantern Batman figures and skin in Arkham City do look pretty spiffy

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By BlackPookie

Batman never joined sinestro corps... in comics sinestro war the ring came to him (the same thing happened before with the green ring) but He rejected them!!!

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Hazlenaut

If Batman were to join there would be need big changes. The Sinestro Corp would use their rings to face their own fears as training. The batman incorporated would use it as training the recruits. Sinestro want to use his power for good but made a lot of bad choices. It would not be Bruce Wayne that has the ring but another Batman that takes it. I love the idea for batman incorporated for this.

There no place for evil to hide even in space. This could be how the future yellow lanterns should be.

Avatar image for fabo_puertorican
    fabo_puertorican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fabo_puertorican

I am the league of shadows

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Durakken

Batman has been a Green, Yellow, and White Lantern.

White Lantern powers are only possible when one has the potential to use all 7 colors of the emotional spectrum so one can easily argue that Batman is capable of wielding each and every one of the rings and it easy to understand how when you have decent understanding of the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the yellow Corps is destroyed now with one member, it is possible to rebuild into a more neutral corps, like the others, so Batman could down it again without being linked to evil.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Durakken said:

White Lantern powers are only possible when one has the potential to use all 7 colors of the emotional spectrum so one can easily argue that Batman is capable of wielding each and every one of the rings and it easy to understand how when you have decent understanding of the character.

This is only post new 52. pre-new 52 White Lanterns could be people who were dead at one point similar to the black rings.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Durakken

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

This is only post new 52. pre-new 52 White Lanterns could be people who were dead at one point similar to the black rings.

No... Batman wasn't dead then or previously when he became white lantern

White being made up all the other colors was introduced shortly after the white lantern was during the same arc

new52 GL stuff stayed the same.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KnightRise

11,000 views and 14 comments...because everyone wanted the answer and no one knows it XD

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarkxSeraph

The answer was given several times, actually.

And, his body was also a Black Lantern.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

White being made up all the other colors was introduced shortly after the white lantern was during the same arc

Batman has died at least twelve times over the years.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110826-Batman-Deaths.html

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

White Lantern powers are only possible when one has the potential to use all 7 colors of the emotional spectrum so one can easily argue that Batman is capable of wielding each and every one of the rings and it easy to understand how when you have decent understanding of thhocharacter.

not all New 52 GL stuff stayed the same, Guy Gardner has a completely different origin in he new 52, Red Lanerns apparently cant make constructs besides Rankkor (or so ive been told) i know that combining the colors is one way to achieve the white light thanks to blackest night and new guardians but somehow i guess i made the assumption that anyone that has ever been connected to Nekron is capable of being a white lantern. my bad.

somehow i cant imagine certain characters on here as being able to wield all of the colors
    somehow i cant imagine certain characters on here as being able to wield all of the colors
    Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Durakken

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

None of those are deaths that would qualify as death for the purposes of Nekron

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

not all New 52 GL stuff stayed the same, Guy Gardner has a completely different origin in he new 52, Red Lanerns apparently cant make constructs besides Rankkor (or so ive been told) i know that combining the colors is one way to achieve the white light thanks to blackest night and new guardians but somehow i guess i made the assumption that anyone that has ever been connected to Nekron is capable of being a white lantern. my bad.

Yes. minor things did change but nothing major as far as most of the recent past.

That picture, if I remember right is someone retelling of the event and are in the imagination of the teller or the person being told... not the actual event. The actual event has only 7 regular heroes and none were white lanterns from what i recall. And I don't want to look it up so meh

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Durakken said:

None of those are deaths that would qualify as death for the purposes of Nekron

why not?

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Yes. minor things did change but nothing major as far as most of the recent past.

That picture, if I remember right is someone retelling of the event and are in the imagination of the teller or the person being told... not the actual event. The actual event has only 7 regular heroes and none were white lanterns from what i recall. And I don't want to look it up so meh

several sources say this event was canon.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Durakken

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

It is not a matter of cannon or not. It's a matter of, if i remember the context of that image correctly, Darkest Night is being related to someone else as in it is not an exactly accurate image. It can also be put to an artists/writer just not having actually read the source.

Another argument is that even if it is accurate then it is possible that they weren't White Lanterns per say, but rather Proxy Lanterns which are given access to an emotional spectrum powers without having access to a power ring or meeting a particular criteria.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Durakken said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

It is not a matter of cannon or not. It's a matter of, if i remember the context of that image correctly, Darkest Night is being related to someone else as in it is not an exactly accurate image. It can also be put to an artists/writer just not having actually read the source.

Okay, let me change my wording. several source say that Hal Jordan bonded with the white lantern entity and formed a group of white lanterns to these specific characters who were under Nekrons control. and somehow i dont think that Geoff Johns ignored his own source material.

Another argument is that even if it is accurate then it is possible that they weren't White Lanterns per say, but rather Proxy Lanterns which are given access to an emotional spectrum powers without having access to a power ring or meeting a particular criteria.

Somehow i dont see them being able to wield the power if they didn't meet the criteria

AudreyLily1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not a matter of cannon or not. It's a matter of, if i remember the context of that image correctly, Darkest Night is being related to someone else as in it is not an exactly accurate image. It can also be put to an artists/writer just not having actually read the source PUBG name generator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.