Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

WHATS UNDER THE TRAY! (Spoilers)

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrShway88

Spoilers!

So in the back story in the latest issue of Batman, Joker showed Two-face and Penguin a dinner tray with a top (don't know what it is exactly called). When Joker lifted the top, both looked surprise. What do you think it was?

Also based on previous Batman threads some people who dislike Synder will post something negative about the writer. So I think it would be best if no one states their opinion on him sense this is not the point of the thread.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By r3d_rob1n

There was a tray at the end of Batman and Robin too. My current theory: Joker has cut Alfred into pieces and is feeding him to the Batfamily

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Nightwing4

I thought perhaps Alfred's head, or some other body part. Although part of me refuses to believe it.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Nightwing4 said:

I thought perhaps Alfred's head, or some other body part. Although part of me refuses to believe it.

Isn't there a quote, 'Bring me his head on a silver platter.'? It's a horrible thought, but you could be right.

@MrShway88: I think it's just called a serving dome.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrShway88

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Thanks, that was bugging me all day yesterday.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

Alfred's face.

The reason The Joker has been so effective and everywhere at once is because the Joker broke Alfred and made him into the second Joker.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By selinaky

If it's Alfred that means Joker, Penguin and Harvey know Batman is Bruce Wayne? Otherwise why would they react like that - only if they knew it was Batman's butler.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

@Selinaky said:

If it's Alfred that means Joker, Penguin and Harvey know Batman is Bruce Wayne? Otherwise why would they react like that - only if they knew it was Batman's butler.

he attacked Alfred because of his connection to Bruce Wayne and Bruce's connection to Batman Inc

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By selinaky

@danhimself said:

@Selinaky said:

he attacked Alfred because of his connection to Bruce Wayne and Bruce's connection to Batman Inc

Hm, true you're right, but it still seems too loose a connection to provoke such a reaction. Anyhow, I think Alfred's head/face or something might be too predictable.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I hope not. Alfred is still needed in the bat family. I hope the whole death thing is a metaphor, nevertheless, I trust Snyder. He knows what he's doing.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By gotwillpower

@Selinaky said:

@danhimself said:

@Selinaky said:

Hm, true you're right, but it still seems too loose a connection to provoke such a reaction. Anyhow, I think Alfred's head/face or something might be too predictable.

Innocent people murdered (like the people hung up like a painting) are still pretty provocative to Batman. I would imagine some random guy's head would still make Batman angry.

And I really hope it's not Alfred's head. How would they resurrect him? Would they resurrect Alfred? Ugh, he's my favorite member of the Bat-family!

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By batshrine

An old bowl of spaghetti is my favorite theory.

@gotwillpower said:

@Selinaky said:

@danhimself said:

@Selinaky said:

Innocent people murdered (like the people hung up like a painting) are still pretty provocative to Batman. I would imagine some random guy's head would still make Batman angry.

And I really hope it's not Alfred's head. How would they resurrect him? Would they resurrect Alfred? Ugh, he's my favorite member of the Bat-family!

My concerns exactly, thats why I don't think they will kill Alfred.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#13  Edited By StMichalofWilson

To be honest, I'm afraid it's going to be a piece of Alfred.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By colonyofcells

Since I am a vegan, I pray it is not the head of bat cow or bat hound. We can all use less cholesterol.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakeN7

The same tray was shown at the ends of Batman, Batman and Robin and Batgirl. In Batgirl and Batman and Robin, Joker is shown wearing the same suit and is in what appears to be the same room. Meaning that, at the very least, Damian and Babs are in the same room at the same time. This leads me to the conclusion that Joker is gathering up the family for a "dinner" of sorts with whatever is in the tray as the "main course." I could totally be wrong though. As for what is actually under the tray, I'm not sure. Logic would leave me to believe it is Alfred's head. However, in the Fatman on Batman podcast Scott Snyder told Kevin Smith that he thought it was funny that everyone assumed he was killing off Alfred because he loves the character. That is the only thing that makes me question whether or not he's going to kill off Alfred, everything else would have me thinking otherwise.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

my 3 guesses

Harley's head

The bloodied masks of each member of "The Family"

Something that ties Bruce Wayne's identity to Batman

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By RedOwl_1

I'm not sure if I want to know :S But looks like it's the same on Batman and Robin and Batgirl endings (I bet 20 bucks it will be at the end of Red Hood and The Outlaws, Teen Titans and Nightwing)

So it has to be something generally impressive and bloody. I really don't know if I want to know.

@JakeN7 said:

The same tray was shown at the ends of Batman, Batman and Robin and Batgirl. In Batgirl and Batman and Robin, Joker is shown wearing the same suit and is in what appears to be the same room. Meaning that, at the very least, Damian and Babs are in the same room at the same time. This leads me to the conclusion that Joker is gathering up the family for a "dinner" of sorts with whatever is in the tray as the "main course." I could totally be wrong though. As for what is actually under the tray, I'm not sure. Logic would leave me to believe it is Alfred's head. However, in the Fatman on Batman podcast Scott Snyder told Kevin Smith that he thought it was funny that everyone assumed he was killing off Alfred because he loves the character. That is the only thing that makes me question whether or not he's going to kill off Alfred, everything else would have me thinking otherwise.

I think makes a lot of sense since he kidnapped Alfred because he was "planning a celebration and needed someone to help him serve" So yeah it should have a party or a dinner involved for him to need a butler and having the bloody tray.

But I certainly can guarantee it will be completely creepy, with a lot of ghost-bumps all across your skin, and with high probabilities of puking with that really gross Joker's face rotting all the way.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@RedOwl_1 said:

I'm not sure if I want to know

This..

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrShway88

bump

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gotwillpower

@JakeN7 said:

Glad somebody knows what Scott Snyder has said on podcasts. I would never have heard that.

@StMichalofWilson said:

To be honest, I'm afraid it's going to be a piece of Alfred.

Maybe there are different dinner plates in each Bat-book? A different piece of Alfred on each platter!? AAH!

BryanEllison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BryanEllison

I feel like it would be too bold of a move for them to do since it would really air out some things in the DCU but it would be awesome if it was Talia's head, opening the can of worms between Damian and Bruce.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By SoA

i think its alfred , or at least part of him , maybe his eyes?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, i'm also betting a part of Alfred.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe it is the cut out face of Jason Todd ?

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gotwillpower

@SoA said:

i think its alfred , or at least part of him , maybe his eyes?

I can see that.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SupBatz

I honestly cannot think of a single possibility thatg would make sense aside for Alfred's head (or some other body part). But at the same time, I honestly don't think it's that... It seems too obvious. Plus, I hope they wouldn't kill off Alfred like this. In such an unsatisfying way (no heartfelt goodbye to Bruce or the like).

Then again....the solicit for Batman 18 speaks of tragedy so I suppose anything's possible...gonna have to wait until February.

Frostbite1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Frostbite1231

I think it'll be something off the wall...either a Red Hood (think back to Batman #0..it seems this arc will lead to or tie ino that in some way) or Gordon's last pack of smokes (think back to Gordon in #13). A more far out one, but seemingly what everyone ultimately expects is a dead robin. The dinner would be served and one of the Robins (possibly Damien) would be poisoned or something. I definitely can't wait to see what happens.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batshrine

It doesn't make sense for it to be Alfred's head cause why would he show it to a bunch of villains (and why would they care, unless they knew who Batman was)

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tohoma

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I bet Dick gets Alfred's nuts.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By JairamGanpat

I laughed more than I should have...

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Moccles

@JairamGanpat said:

I laughed more than I should have...

Sadly me too.

@colonyofcells said:

Maybe it is the cut out face of Jason Todd ?

There's an idea considering we saw in Red Hood & The Outlaws Joker fiddling with Jason and stating "A face only a mother could love."

Has it been confirmed that one member of the Batclan will die?

Gordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gordo

its jokers head, alfred is wearing jokers face!

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Demonturtle

Batman's cowl!

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mk111

Maybe its a note that says :Sucker!"

Sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sean2206

Alfred parts seems like an obvious choice.

What if its something that shows Batman has been watching them or doesn't fully trust them to destroy the family, or maybe a means to kill the joker or even each other if it allows them to escape, or even something showing how Joker has killed or harmed someone close to each of them or how he has destroyed their lives and this pushes the family over the edge and Batman's refusal to let them kill Joker breaks the family or maybe they do kill him and Batman's disappointment along with their own shock, disappointment or stubbornness may break the family (although the second may have very long standing repercussions which could be difficult to resolve for a while)

There are so many variations of what it could be which could "kill" the bat-family and I love the build up and mystery surrounding this grand master plan of the Joker's like why exactly does he need two-face, penguin, etc I haven't sat down read #16 yet only scanned it but as far as I can tell they only re-enforce the idea of Joker as the Jester nad Batman as the Bat-king of Gotham.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.