Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What's riding Bat-Mite in R.I.P?

12ty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 12ty12

In Batman R.I.P there's this dragon/alien thing riding Bat-Mite throughout his appearance.  Does anyone know what it is or its meaning? I read Batman the Black Casebook thinking it was some bizarre 1950's reference, but to no avail. 

Green glowing eyes?     
    Green glowing eyes?     

Green arm/tentacle over Bat-Mite's shoulder?
     Green arm/tentacle over Bat-Mite's shoulder?

Tentacles and a tail?
     Tentacles and a tail?

An eye and some fingers.
     An eye and some fingers.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

I just noticed that O_O

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

WTF?!?!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

OH WOW! Just noticed that! WEIRD! O___O

12ty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 12ty12

More Bite-Mite with his ?????? on his back. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bearded Justice

could be a strange referance to what pilots see on, or around their planes.  a lot of British pilots claimed to see weird things during WWII.   
    ever seen that Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner?  this is what im talking about. 
    cant remember the name they were given. 
    Foo Fighter? 
    Gremlin? 
    i dont know.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnny_spam

I think that that is how Bat-Mite really looks but he puts on the visage of a little guy in a Bat costume. That would go with Grant Morrison's idea of taking even the weird things of Batman's history and making it canon. Like there can be a dark take on Bat-Mite because the Batman universe can be dark.

12ty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 12ty12

@johnny_spam said:

I think that that is how Bat-Mite really looks but he puts on the visage of a little guy in a Bat costume. That would go with Grant Morrison's idea of taking even the weird things of Batman's history and making it canon. Like there can be a dark take on Bat-Mite because the Batman universe can be dark.

You got it right.

MORRISON spoke about it at NYCC:

Morrison finally revealed the green monster over the shoulder of Bat-mite in "Batman: RIP" to be what Bat-mite actually looks like in the fifth dimension peeking out.

"I had this idea the creatures in the fifth dimension were so appalling to look at, they couldn't show themselves to humans. It's not because they're bad, it's just because if we were to look at them we'd fall apart and shit ourselves. Bat-mite very kindly disguises himself as a child-like version of Batman. What you see is the face of something in the fifth dimension.

"The imagination is the fifth dimension. I was proposing the notion the fifth dimension is in your mind."

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@12ty12 said:

@johnny_spam said:

You got it right.

MORRISON spoke about it at NYCC:

Morrison finally revealed the green monster over the shoulder of Bat-mite in "Batman: RIP" to be what Bat-mite actually looks like in the fifth dimension peeking out.

"I had this idea the creatures in the fifth dimension were so appalling to look at, they couldn't show themselves to humans. It's not because they're bad, it's just because if we were to look at them we'd fall apart and shit ourselves. Bat-mite very kindly disguises himself as a child-like version of Batman. What you see is the face of something in the fifth dimension.

"The imagination is the fifth dimension. I was proposing the notion the fifth dimension is in your mind."

Man, finally an answer to this! This thing has been bugging me for years!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.