Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What would you like the Batman reboot to be, or be like

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Just some changes I would like in the reboot IMO:- -Use the grey & black suit, like Batman Dead End. It was a perfect example of how Batman should look like, white contact lenses, tight mask, etc. -Alter the voice, I actually liked the TDK voice, but I would sharpen the raspy voice and make him sound deeper and clearer. -Make him use a batarang, he never actually used a batarang in the Nolan movies, let him use a batarang. -Get a guy who is actually the right size, 6"2, 225lbs, etc. -Make the film a little less realistic to set up a JL movie. -Make the fight scenes better and give him better H2H feats. -Be true to the Comic. Any thoughts?

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KenTheProfile

@comicdude23: your a little all over the place. first off i don't want any reboot . but if we must.

1. use a villian never used in a movie before, like clayface,killer croc, Hugo Strange, Hush

2.Keep it dark, it's a detective-crime film with a superhero in it not a superhero film with crime

3.more detective work

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mega_spidey01

give it a few years before we have another batman film after tdkr

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Alexander505

What do I want? A real Batman movie;)

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jodez

More gadgets, Batman likes to throw things... Batarangs, smoke grenades, knockout gas, mini explosives you name it Batman probably has it in his utility belt.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Have actual powers.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

Actually make Batman intelligent for one. And better action, specifically some H2H brawls, but the action could be improved overall.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

@jeanroygrant said:

Have actual powers.

Huh?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moywar700

-have teenage sidekicks

-have "unrealistic supervillains" like poison ivy

-have a reference to man of steel so that people well know they place in the same universe.

-have the joker come back to life somehow(i know hedge ledger fans wouldn't like that =p )

-have batman comics books lying around. This isn't adverting them, this is just to show batman is a comic book character.

-have batman reference a possible justice league movie. He should say, "It isn't enough for me to keep people safe, I need other help from people too."

So overall, just make it batman unrealistic so he'll fit in with the justice league.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd like a less realistic take on Batman:

Let him fight Clayface, Mr. Freeze, or Poison Ivy.

Give him Robin or Nightwing.

Give him the actual Batcave, complete with a T-Rex and a giant penny.

And please, let him be a detective. They have yet to really explore that on film.

thenerdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thenerdal

I'd like a reboot that's like the Batman games: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. With Joker coming back, but being more like Joker and having him be the main Villian with other smaller villians getting in the way. Now that would be a great batman reboot.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

@nickzambuto said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Have actual powers.

Huh?

I would want him to have actual powers.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renamed040924

@jeanroygrant said:

@nickzambuto said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Have actual powers.

Huh?

I would want him to have actual powers.

...Ya know what... f*ck it me too.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renamed040924

@thenerdal said:

I'd like a reboot that's like the Batman games: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. With Joker coming back, but being more like Joker and having him be the main Villian with other smaller villians getting in the way. Now that would be a great batman reboot.

That would be great, but you have to realize, games have the opportunity to be a lot longer then movies. The Batman movie really can't be much longer then 2 hours. That doesn't give much time for a full Arkham style movie with multiple villains and such.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By sethysquare

I want a more comicbook-ish batman reboot. I want foes like Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc, Dead shot.

I want there to be nightwing, red hood, time drake and barbara gordon.

I want cameos of other superheroes.

I want it to tie in with Justice League.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jorgevy

@Alexander505 said:

This.

But if I need to be more specific:

- Super villains (with actual super powers or crazy tech!)

-Sidekicks (Nightwing, Robins, Batgirl, etc...)

- Batman must be a super detective and inventor

- GADGETS GADGETS GADGETS

-CRAZY PREP SKILLS

- Insane H2H combat which borders on super human

- NO main love interest, make him have things with a few girls but that's it, no "oh my god love you so much" then finds out Bruce is Batman, leaves him somehow and dies in the sequel

BONUS:

Joker made by Mark Hamill

Vickie Vale

other DC super heroes (mainly gotham heroes)

thenerdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thenerdal

@nickzambuto said:

@thenerdal said:

That would be great, but you have to realize, games have the opportunity to be a lot longer then movies. The Batman movie really can't be much longer then 2 hours. That doesn't give much time for a full Arkham style movie with multiple villains and such.

Yup, that would be the only problem.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @comicdude23 said:
    Just some changes I would like in the reboot IMO:- -Use the grey & black suit, like Batman Dead End. It was a perfect example of how Batman should look like, white contact lenses, tight mask, etc. -Alter the voice, I actually liked the TDK voice, but I would sharpen the raspy voice and make him sound deeper and clearer. -Make him use a batarang, he never actually used a batarang in the Nolan movies, let him use a batarang. -Get a guy who is actually the right size, 6"2, 225lbs, etc. -Make the film a little less realistic to set up a JL movie. -Make the fight scenes better and give him better H2H feats. -Be true to the Comic. Any thoughts?
    Yes he did 

Everyone is saying they want a return to the more fanciful Batman but IMO that would be the worse thing ever, I don't want a stupid cartoon like Batman, I want a pulp/noir crime film 
    Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alexander505

@Jorgevy said:

@Alexander505 said:

This.

But if I need to be more specific:

- Super villains (with actual super powers or crazy tech!)

-Sidekicks (Nightwing, Robins, Batgirl, etc...)

- Batman must be a super detective and inventor

- GADGETS GADGETS GADGETS

-CRAZY PREP SKILLS

- Insane H2H combat which borders on super human

- NO main love interest, make him have things with a few girls but that's it, no "oh my god love you so much" then finds out Bruce is Batman, leaves him somehow and dies in the sequel

BONUS:

Joker made by Mark Hamill

Vickie Vale

other DC super heroes (mainly gotham heroes)

Exactly!!!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other word making movie Batman a boring character and follow the Marvel logic.

He isnt a Marvel he is a DC, also stop many of the thing having to many gadgets, moving like Jet Li in the One and making him too smart fr his own good.

Will make people hate him.

He is Batman, people care for the word Man, more that for the word Bat.

They should keep him in the Batman Tas power level, more powerfull that Nolanverse but way weaker that the Comic book one, that is so powerfull, that is less human that Superman, even when that guys is an alien and pretty much a God.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By jointron33

To me, all of Bats' unrealistic villains that havent appeared on film(or have in the case of Poison Ivy) are utter garbage as Batman villains anyway. Any Batman movie with them as tge central villain of the plot will pale in comparison to the previous 3.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By SupBatz

@jointron33 said:

To me, all of Bats' unrealistic villains that havent appeared on film(or have in the case of Poison Ivy) are utter garbage as Batman villains anyway. Any Batman movie with them as tge central villain of the plot will pale in comparison to the previous 3.

I don't think it's fair to say that it will never beat the other movies. Any film can be great if handled properly.

And a lot of Batman's villains have a bit of fantasy to them. This is a comic book world. If all of the characters were too realistic then it would get stale. I would love to see Clayface, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, or Solomon Grundy done justice in film. Sure, they're less realistic characters. But the key to making a fantastic character truly admirable is placing them in an ALMOST realistic world with just enough fantasy to it that it is possible for such characters to exist but not enough fantasy that the characters are considered weak or common.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.