What would you do if Batman tried to apprehend you?

• 94 results
#1 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say you are a special individual (i.e. metahuman or similar to Batman). You kill evil people (i.e. Joker evil) and Batman is now after you because he believes killing is wrong, so you must pay for the crime. How would you handle the situation with Batman? Would you reason with him, argue on ideologies, fight him, try to run away, kill him, find out his secret identity and blackmail him, or come up with something else?

I would never kill an innocent, officer, or hero, even if they where hunting for me. I would try to reason with him first, if he does not let up I will try to get away, if he finds out who I am, then I will blackmail him to leave me alone. Honestly, I think he will still try to apprehend me, but what do you think?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

if i had super powers, i wouldn't KILL criminals in the first place, that would make me no better than them (I'm looking at YOU Punisher) so in the end i would probably work with Batman...although i wouldn't want to, cause he can be a dick at times, and not the Grayson variety 

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I would fanboy and be like; HOLY CRAP, DUDE, YOU'RE THE BEST.  

Then just faint from the sheer epicness of being within the vicinity of Batman and he'd drop me off in Arkham where I'd spend my time hitting on Poison Ivy. 

#4 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd scream "MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAD!" and while he's overwhelmed with the demons of his past I'd make a break for it.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

You are going to try and fight, blackmail or escape the Batman. Good luck with that and better pray you dont see some angry villains when he throws you in Arkham if the criminals you are trying to kill dont kill u first. Anyhow if you are killing criminals intentionally then you are nothing but a criminal yourself and Batman has every right to beat the crap out of you before hauling you to jail. If anything I'd be more like Barbara when she first started wearing the mantle of batgirl.

#6 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: You could mess with him even further by saying he caused their deaths by his reckless driving...

#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

First thing I'd do is [BAM!] and then [KAPOW!]. After a [SHAZAM!] or two, steal his batwallet.

#8 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:

lol. hell yeah

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd promise to stop killing bad people if he trained me in non-lethal combat.

#10 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd urinate all over myself and run away.

#11 Posted by zombiejesusii (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get apprehended, there's not much one can do when Batman is trying to Apprehend you.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cry. I'd f*cking cry.

#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

I would stop him and give up on the condition that he signs my handcuffs.

#14 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be my character, Orin, an electromagnetic manipulation and perceptions. I would perceive his bioelectric signature, and use that to figure out who he is, and go after everyone he cares cares about.

#15 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Cry. I'd f*cking cry.

same here....just to add....I wouldn't last 10 seconds in Blackgate or Arkham

#16 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

I would kneel down and pray to all things religious.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Cry. I'd f*cking cry.

Dude I probably wouldn't last in regular Gotham City. I'm fragile, lol.

#18 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@danhimself said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Cry. I'd f*cking cry.

oh yeah...I'd be dead within minutes of getting off of the train...the sad thing is that I wouldn't even get offed by a supercriminal either...it'd be just some regular joe who gets me

#19 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

I'd urinate all over myself and run away.

A-freaking-men. I would have this EXACT reaction.
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

What would I do if Batman tried to apprehend me? Easy... I'd let him! ;)

#21 Posted by Obtrusive (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:

I enjoyed your comment, a lot.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll laugh at him... He would apprehend me? What a waste of time! Police cadets can do that without problem!

#23 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell him that Superman is better than him :P

#24 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Cry, kneel down, and beg for him to train me as a sidekick :D

#25 Posted by Kayak (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Use my British charm to convince him to make me Batman

#26 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Plead for him not to break my bones or vital organs.

#27 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wouldn't have to apprehend me because I wouldn't kill. I would follow his rules. I wouldn't be Robin or Nightwing, but I would be like him and fight the way he fights.

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd surrendor cry and pee my pants while beging for forgiveness and praying to batman and considering throwing myself of something high to avoide his wrath

#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at some of these answer, I don't think Comic Vine is about to become Gotham City's hive of scum & villainy ;)

#30 Posted by JOKERCATEXE (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the right thing. Go along meekly, escape from Arkham within the week like I always do, murder more of his nameless GCP pals, run into Batman again, continue vicious cycle and further solidify my own diagnosis of insanity.

#31 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd ask him for a job.

You know a lot of the writers don't show it, but Batman usually doesn't just show up and kick tail. He shows up, says stop doing that and offers ways out of the situation from a job to an education, if refuse to stop he then cracks your head... After you've been arrested he also has reform programs that he offers people during and after the trial and after conviction and release from prison.

Batman literally provides the entirety of Gotham city and has so many social outreach programs and such that the only way you're a criminal in Gotham is that you are an idiot, insane, or bucking the system.

#32 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I would fanboy and be like; HOLY CRAP, DUDE, YOU'RE THE BEST. Then just faint from the sheer epicness of being within the vicinity of Batman and he'd drop me off in Arkham where I'd spend my time hitting on Poison Ivy.

AMNE. Except add in that new bunny chick from The Dark Knight. Not that I like that book though.

#33 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

I'd promise to stop killing bad people if he trained me in non-lethal combat.

interesting answer.

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (14478 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd surrender peacefully just so that i can go to Arkham and kill Hush.

#35 Posted by MikeHunt (31 posts) - - Show Bio

"I know who you are, BRUCE!"

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on my power level if I'm meta human, if I'm like Hulk level I'd just smash him, if I'm street level I'll just surrender then escape since Gotham obviously doesn't have any facility capable of holding a criminal for more than a few days

#37 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Well for start I don't do that I'm a good girl :D but in case I´m between two options:

@xerox_kitty said:

Yeah, maybe I will see one for his Hot-sidekicks or is just OK with he too :F

@Gambit1024 said:

@danhimself said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Cry. I'd f*cking cry.

I'll not cry,almost but It will be scary, unless for me and not just the jail (OMG I will cry of mommy there) be surprised for Batman get me the scare of my life (Something like what happens with Dick in The Batman series)

PD: Put it at 4:31 to know of what expression I'm talking about :S

#38 Posted by Comics4Me1800 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Agreed. This a million %.

#39 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I would inform him I want to change my ways. Could he train me to become his apprentice.

#40 Posted by SecretKnight (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I would try to just give up easy so he didn't hit me. Or if I was stupid run and take a hostage. I'd be so scared.

#41 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@MikeHunt said:

"I know who you are, BRUCE!"

ahahahahha

#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

this........and i'm a dude

what can i say.....i have a fu^&#d up psyche : )

#43 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

First, I'd evade him while trying to figure out why he's chasing me.

Second, I'd try to land safely after he knocks me out. During this, I would be trying to figure out why he was chasing me.

#44 Posted by LazyMan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I would layout an over elaborate themed plan assuming I have taken out a 'heavy hitter' in Gotham. Raising my profile from psychopathic murder of entry level thug. Having gotten the Batman's attention in the process. A straight fight is foolish, can't bargain with him. I would bribe judges, and the police days/weeks before Batman even shows up (with money, or threats) using the justice system to my advantage. Then walk out of court a free man, Batman's only true weakness is the easily corruptible justice system of Gotham

#45 Posted by BADJEREMIE (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I will kick this ass.

#46 Posted by Jane McClane (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.... I'd tell you but.... lets just say it would be similar to Catwoman's approach... *blushes*

#47 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Laugh at him and tell him "You're not the Punisher so I have no reason to fear your b**** ass."

#48 Edited by Jane McClane (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@cody1984 said:

Laugh at him and tell him "You're not the Punisher so I have no reason to fear your b**** ass."

aaaaaand this....

#49 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jane McClane said:

@cody1984 said:

aaaaaand this....

He lived unlike these people

#50 Posted by ARMIV2 (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...

"How much prep time did this take?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.