Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What Will Bane & Catwoman Do in The Dark Knight Rises?

• 86 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

It goes without saying that the recent confirmations of Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway's roles in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES have gotten the whole internet a’talking. I figured the time was right to go into a little more in-depth analysis 'n speculation about what their involvement might mean and how Bane and Catwoman could figure in to this Bat-finale.           

The last known picture of these suspects together...
     The last known picture of these suspects together...

BANE 

In some ways, Bane's hairy back has as much terrifying potential as the Joker's Glasgow smile.
     In some ways, Bane's hairy back has as much terrifying potential as the Joker's Glasgow smile.
    I was initially a little underwhelmed hearing that this was the villain Hardy was actually playing. After a grand schemer like Ra’s al-Ghul and an agent of chaos like the Joker, it honestly sounded anticlimactic for Batman to take on a juiced luchador. Plus, he’s already shown up in the movies, so it might feel repetitive. However, after only a little reflection, I realized Bane’s actually the perfect choice for a final heavy. Out of all the villains left in the rogue’s gallery, he’s one of the few with a gimmick that's still impressive even as it’s close to reality. It takes a lot of creative thinking to devise ways to make reptile men and waking refrigerators work in the more down-to-Earth Gotham Nolan and his crew have established. But Venom? That isn’t far off from monster-making performance drugs like HGH. == TEASER ==
     Bane's due for some on-screen redemption.
     Bane's due for some on-screen redemption.

Part of the M.O. of the series so far has been to portray characters in ways closer to the comics than the movies have allowed in the past. Hence, we’ve seen a Bruce Wayne who’s an intentionally buffoonish persona, a seriously embittered Two-Face and a legitimately scary Joker. In BATMAN & ROBIN, Bane was a monosyllabic brute who did Poison Ivy’s dirty work - - a gross simplification of the cerebral and articulate brute who was cunning enough to deduce Batman’s secret identity on his own. 

Without the help of Venom...
     Without the help of Venom...

Whereas the previous villains have struck at Batman’s loved ones and psyche, Bane’s the first who’s a very legitimate physical threat. I don’t think he’s going to be a Hulk-like monster who gets absurdly muscular with the twist of a valve. Rather, I see him as a roided-up-but-calculated killer who’s got an arsenal of grappling moves (think more Vale Tudo than pro-wrestling) in addition to the usual choice of knives and guns.

Anybody who doubts if Tom Hardy’s big enough for the part needs to look at the pic to the right. Do you honestly still have doubts? Hardy played a very Bane-like role already as the UK career-convict in BRONSON. Aside from the possibility of a nondescript South American accent, I don't see this being much of a jump from that part.

CATWOMAN

It'll be a challenge to step in her paw prints...
    It'll be a challenge to step in her paw prints...
    Looking closely at the press release Warner issued, you’ll notice that Hathaway’s been confirmed as Selina Kyle, not Catwoman. I totally doubt any publicity agent thought that could pull a fast one on audiences and get them to be surprised when she became a cat-burglar (and sometimes vigilante) in the movie. Thus, it suggests that Ms. Kyle might actually just be a love interest for Wayne as a civilian only. Or, they might just repeat THE DARK KNIGHT's treatment of Two-Face and have her do all the things she does in the comics without actually being called Catwoman outside of passing remarks.
     When Selina Kyle's
     When Selina Kyle's "costume" is revealed, will it basically look like this?

Once again, I was a little disappointed to see them use a villainess who’s already shown up in a number of movies (and Michelle Pfeiffer’s sexually-charged dominatrix act is hard one to follow.) I think there’s more to it, now, though. Escalation’s the dominant theme of this new franchise and if Batman’s villains are ramping up in power and theatricality, it follows that his girlfriends would follow suit. The point of Rachel Dawes’ arc was that she, as a normal woman, couldn’t handle Batman’s lifestyle - - both emotionally and literally.  She ultimately rejected Bruce because she needed a normal man and ultimately perished for her involvement in this world of psychopaths. Catwoman, for one, wouldn’t be a girl who’d get kidnapped by third-rate crooked cops and, rather than being turned-off by a brooding vigilante, she’d probably be further enticed.

OTHER VILLAINS? 

The other villain?
     The other villain?
    I've got a strong hunch that there are more villains (or, at least, antagonists) that've yet to be announced. My wish for the crime/justice escalation war producing a whole gang of supervillains who overrun Gotham might be too much for this third movie (although Bane did famously break the whole rogue’s gallery out of Arkham in KNIGHTFALL) but there is still that lingering hint from DARK KNIGHT’s conclusion. Just as the ending of BATMAN BEGINS forshadowed the Joker, so too did that ending foreshadow the GCPD's much-more-serious manhunt for Batman. Considering that Hardy was rumored to play Harvey Bullock for a while and Sarah Essen was named as a potential female lead some time back, I think it’s clear that there’s going to be at least one super cop coming in who’ll try to take the bat down legitimately. 

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS!  &  UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon   here  &   here .  Follow him on Twitter:  @tompinchuk

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Theodore

I can't wait to see how they handle Bane, I'm sure he will be well done considering how awesome Nolan has done on the past 2 films. I kinda hope that Bane breaks Batman's back at some point. It's a shame that this is Nolan's last Batman film (maybe not? we'll see...).

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By uncanny89

Im looking forward to seeing if Anne Hathaway plays just selena or will she play catwoman aswell?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

My hopes are high.

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By GraveSp

Bane done correctly would be a great movie villain.  The only problem is we already saw Bane done wrong.  I think its pretty interesting that the two people who are announced to be the villains, are no longer really villains in the modern comics.  Catwoman was hanging out with Batman Inc, and Bane is doing questionable but mostly good things with the Secret 6.

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By starz007

I think you are definitely right about the Bat hunt that is coming in Dark Knight Rises.  I was surprised to see Bane as the choice, and I also agree that there will probably be another villain coming in.

I actually hadn't caught the "Selena Kyle" casting.  I think what I read had immediately interpreted it as Catwoman.  Wouldn't it kind of make sense to have Catwoman in the movie though?  She's not really a "super" villain.  As for Anne Hathaway for the choice, I don't think we need to worry about her being upstaged by Michelle Pfeiffer.  Hathaway is talented in her own right, and look at the Nolan/Ledger joker.  On that announcement, weren't you worried he wouldn't stand toe-to-toe with Jack Nicholson?

I'm excited to see how it shapes up from here.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sydpart2

Well I've been hoping for Bane for awhile, and just for anyone that does doubt the reality oof such a character let me assure you that  there are actual people in prisons across not only American but other countries as well, who do nothing but exercise and who can power lift around 600 pounds! 
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_investigative/training_behind_bars_i
    ^
    Think about one of those guys on steroids! 
    My only problem with Bane being in this movie is I'm afraid they're going to make him a lot smarter than he needs to be. Don't get me wrong I don't want Batman and Robin dumb but I just think that Knightfall smart was unnecessary. I like how his intelligence was portrayed in the animated series.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7  Edited By uncanny89

I think Anne Hathaway will be seriously good in this film, it would be a good change for her IMO 

I personally would rather of seen a better version of Poison Ivy in this film but oh well, Catwoman was a close second for me.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By queenfrost_

Yay for Sarah! And at least Catwoman gets a redemption from the halle berry film..................*shudder*

And I hope Vicki Vale's in it (not as anything important), but just as a budding reporter desperate to find out Batman's identity, which Bane uses ;)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By leokearon

I hope Bane is based on his early appearances and not Barg! 

I'm interested to see Hathaway as Selina
    ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArdennesKorps

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I so much wanted to see Doctor Hurt as Bruce's Father in this film =\\\\\\

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By BradBrains

Lockdown in batman 3. You heard it first

garougrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By garougrem

@GraveSP, i share your sentiment. Both of them are anti-heroes now so to speak with Selina really trying her best to be on the better side of the law (while still being a thief)..  

I was skeptical of all previous castings (Heath for Joker, Liam as Ducard / Ra's) for the villains so I will stand down and believe in Nolan's vision for these two. I do hope that Hathaway will prove to be the best actress amongst the three actresses to be in the trilogy.  

Bane will be very interesting, as I have read that Hardy is a good 2 inches shorter than Bale, their physical confrontation will be a real centerpiece for the film if they can pull it off masterfully... and i can already envision Batman fighting without his mask (as Bane does know Bruce's identity) with it being ripped off during a fight with Bane or whatnot.  

For Catwoman.. or Selina, I have a feeling we'll get to see her in costume, maybe even playing the "hero" role while Batman is lying low from the cops.  

Either way, this will be the end of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, and like Return Of The King.. pull out all the stops for this one my good sir.. This.Is.Our.Oscar.Moment.

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4Essence

great article! all sounds definitely possible to me.
    six-duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By six-duck

Great article. Tom, you've really nailed down what I've been thinking since the announcement of the Hathaway and Hardy as Kyle and Bane. I couldn't agree with you more, even though it's all speculation. 

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Band Lone

I still think Black Mask would of been a better choice.

Avatar image for graphiccasualfreak
    GraphicCasualFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

Guessing it will be the origin of both Bane and Catwoman.  Perhaps, Selene only becoming Catwoman at the end of the movie.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Burn

I predict bane will hunt down Batman (who is an outlaw after the end of Dark Knight), and Catwoman will have something to do with stealing from Bruce Wayne possibly.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shadowdoggy

perhaps Selina (after being introduced as Wayne's love interest) will try to steal Venom and end up get caught in the middle of Bane and whoever's backing him's plan to find and destroy Batman 
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

What will Bane and Catwoman do in The Dark Knight Rises? 

Thinking back to Ras Al Ghul, Batman's origin and parts of the Joker, I'm guessing they will be ruined by Nolan. More so Bane than Catwoman. Bane won't fit into his "realistic" telling.  

Technoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Technoman

Nice casting and villains, I must say.

Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mathematicscore

I just hope the remember the core of Bane; Dark Doc Savage.  He should be a genius, and shown to be a genius.  He should be the physical apex of humanity, and shown to be so.  And Batman should know he's been in a fight.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Pokeysteve:  
    really? 
    I actually really like the liscense he took with the characters in the last 2 movies 
    I usually hate the way a writer/director needlessly tweeks a comic to make it "his/het own" 
    but Nolan (I thought) did a nice job of making it all seem new and making it fit into a movie setting without making it less than what the original was
    Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mathematicscore
    @Pokeysteve: I'll grant you Ra's could have had Lazarus Pits and been no less believable than that microwave emitter thing, but I didn't see it as ruining him, as the misdirection aspect of multiple "demon's heads" was a nice twist.  The Joker I felt was straight out of the comics in a big way.  True, he wasn't dropped in a vat at any point, but regardless of how he got there, he WAS the Joker. 

I think Bane's raised in prison, wants to be king of the world origin work perfectly in the Nolan milieu and will be surprised if the deviate from it.
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By the_fallen11

I think Venom will be some sort of new street drug, Bane finds a way to weaponize it and exploits the effects... 
    I mean is the idea Venom anymore far fetched than getting a "fear" toxin from a guy with a sack on his head?
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @mathematicscore said:
    " @Pokeysteve: I'll grant you Ra's could have had Lazarus Pits and been no less believable than that microwave emitter thing, but I didn't see it as ruining him, as the misdirection aspect of multiple "demon's heads" was a nice twist.  The Joker I felt was straight out of the comics in a big way.  True, he wasn't dropped in a vat at any point, but regardless of how he got there, he WAS the Joker.  I think Bane's raised in prison, wants to be king of the world origin work perfectly in the Nolan milieu and will be surprised if the deviate from it. "
    It was more the immortal thing than the pit which I guess they would have to work in as well. Ras is an excellent villain and Nolan took that away by making him a plain old eco terrorist instead of an immortal one. The Joker had parts of him that were right out of the comics but for the most part he was just an anarchy crazed thug. No Lazarus Pit, no chemicals and no Joker toxin leads me to believe there will be no Bane Venom which is a huge part of his character.  Batman was the worst though. Nolan's Batman is NOT "The World's Greatest Detective" and that's not up for debate. 

@Shadowdoggy said:
    " @Pokeysteve:  really? I actually really like the liscense he took with the characters in the last 2 movies I usually hate the way a writer/director needlessly tweeks a comic to make it "his/het own" but Nolan (I thought) did a nice job of making it all seem new and making it fit into a movie setting without making it less than what the original was "
    I always disagree with people about Nolan's take. His tweek was taking comic book elements out of a comic book movie and for me it just wasn't working. Whenever talking about The Dark Knight I classify it as an amazing movie but a failure of a comic book movie. 
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By longbowhunter

Bane and Catwoman were not my first two picks for villians in this movie. But in the hands of Chris Nolan I have unshakeable faith. What I would have liked to have seen is Talia Al Ghul coming to Gotham to finish what her father started with hired gun Floyd Lawton. Read up on Deadshot's history. His upbringing was like a dsyfunctional mirror image of Bruce Wayne's.
    Hi I'm New

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hi I'm New

I see this new more realistic bane carrying syringe/cartridges of Venom and must periodically injecting himself rather than a series of tubes, a container, and a dial.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By ComicCrazy

I am pretty satisfied with the final results of the villains and the casting because for a while I was worried Keira Knightley would be Talia or something horrific like that.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HexThis

Chris Nolan must let a woman in on the action, I swear if they make Selina a "lady of the night" like in Year One I will be more disappointed than words can express. What Catwoman has always represented, what Kane intended her to represent, and what she has stood for recently especially is to be a mirror image of Bruce Wayne, a foil, a love interest, and  formidable opponent all in one. She's an orphan like Bruce but her life took an entirely different path because of poverty and a lack of support, it's something that MUST be explored far before the animal noises or sexy costumes or innuendo (though I did like Michelle Pffiefer as her, I don't trust another to treat her as well).

And I know Nolan's action has been male-centric mostly but please LET HER KICK ARSE.  

Bane is troublesome for me, he's yet another dolt who looks like he should be with WWE but I imagine Nolan will have him play more of a steroid junkie mercenary which may actually provide some interesting story telling.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Midnight Monk

Not all that impressed really, since this will be the final film they need someone SERIOUS, the 1st had Ra's Al Ghul and the 2nd had the Joker. Both are Bat's most fearsome and toughest foes. I get Bane being the muscle for somebody but come on this film needs to top the 2nd if that even possible. Stop playing it safe and start acting that crazy bastard we all know you are Chris Nolan. Throw in Black Mask or Hugo Strange, hell even bringing back Scarecrow would be a delight
    MrErbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrErbac

What is this article talking about? It says, Anybody who doubts if Tom Hardy’s big enough for the part needs to look at the pic to the right. Okay, I looked at the pic, he's not even close to being big enough to play Bane. Bane is like 6'8'', 450 pounds of muscle. Nathan Jones would've been big enough to play Bane. He's 6'9 or 10 and a body builder.     
    Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @HexThis: Agreed. I hope Nolan doesn't look to Frank Miller's miserable interpretation of the character and alienate half the movie going population. I'd rather see the Finger/Kane version as you described it and have Selina/Catwoman set in a big clever heist film, always one step ahead of the Bat. I won't even mind if she stays in civilian clothing and they skip the tight leather costume altogether (although many fanboys will be disappointed if they go that route)  

And for those who keep pointing out that she's only been cast as Selina Kyle, there have been many rebuttals that Bale himself is only referred to as Bruce Wayne and Eckhardt as Harvey Dent. Personally, I don't see the point of not bringing in Catwoman. They might as well just call her Patience Philips or some other random name.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Midnight Monk said:
    "Not all that impressed really, since this will be the final film they need someone SERIOUS, the 1st had Ra's Al Ghul and the 2nd had the Joker. Both are Bat's most fearsome and toughest foes. I get Bane being the muscle for somebody but come on this film needs to top the 2nd if that even possible. Stop playing it safe and start acting that crazy bastard we all know you are Chris Nolan. Throw in Black Mask or Hugo Strange, hell even bringing back Scarecrow would be a delight "
    When was bane someones muscle,i'm waiting.scarecrow as a character is obsolete beyond his first appearence,wonder if you were rooting for strange at this time last year,i have serious doubts.and as for black mask he lost the moment marvel announced red skull to appear in the cap movie,and what is he at the end of the day anyway?thats right another crimeboss,BOOOORING.
    @Pokeysteve said:
    " @mathematicscore said:
    " @Pokeysteve: I'll grant you Ra's could have had Lazarus Pits and been no less believable than that microwave emitter thing, but I didn't see it as ruining him, as the misdirection aspect of multiple "demon's heads" was a nice twist.  The Joker I felt was straight out of the comics in a big way.  True, he wasn't dropped in a vat at any point, but regardless of how he got there, he WAS the Joker.  I think Bane's raised in prison, wants to be king of the world origin work perfectly in the Nolan milieu and will be surprised if the deviate from it. "
    It was more the immortal thing than the pit which I guess they would have to work in as well. Ras is an excellent villain and Nolan took that away by making him a plain old eco terrorist instead of an immortal one. The Joker had parts of him that were right out of the comics but for the most part he was just an anarchy crazed thug. No Lazarus Pit, no chemicals and no Joker toxin leads me to believe there will be no Bane Venom which is a huge part of his character.  Batman was the worst though. Nolan's Batman is NOT "The World's Greatest Detective" and that's not up for debate. 

@Shadowdoggy said:
    " @Pokeysteve:  really? I actually really like the liscense he took with the characters in the last 2 movies I usually hate the way a writer/director needlessly tweeks a comic to make it "his/het own" but Nolan (I thought) did a nice job of making it all seem new and making it fit into a movie setting without making it less than what the original was "
    I always disagree with people about Nolan's take. His tweek was taking comic book elements out of a comic book movie and for me it just wasn't working. Whenever talking about The Dark Knight I classify it as an amazing movie but a failure of a comic book movie.  "

Except that venom is not a huge part of the character,and its not as unrealistic as you think.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Bestostero

Bane will probably disappoint and Catwoman probably won't make an appearance.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By goldenkey

I have nothing but faith in Nolan.  I haven't seen a flick the guy made that was great, and wasn't casted great.  Cept for ugly ass Maggie whats her face.  Im still expecting the Riddler or Penguin to show up.  My money is on Penguin since he's more gangster then villain.
    MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MSBoyd23

*Sigh* I love Bane...

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HexThis
    @chipsnopotatoes: Absolutely. One of my favorite Selina Kyle/Catwoman moments is when she tells Helena how to fight him, she says....

Selena: Listen, he tries to intimidate. Make you think he's supernatural, unbeatable-- don't fall for it. His armor is soft on the sides for mobility. Also, he won't kill. He won't go for the face in ways that disfigure. Protects his own face. Doesn't do humiliating moves. Ues his own incredibly gadgety equipment. Uses the cape to confuse. Rarely leverages his surroundings. Good at single moves to knock you unconscious, so watch out. And never use a gun on him, it really sets him off. 

It's interesting because she's describing his combat technique but also, in a sense, she's describing his personality and his tendencies in a very intimate way. People confuse her flirtatious combativeness as her way of trying to endear him or make a pass at him when really their physical relationship is a constant source of information for her, she's almost more invested in his personality. 

I agree, the costume isn't so important but it'd be nice if they did have the two fight because it informs her character so much. She'll never use brute force like Bane to snap his back but can just as easily give him a run for his money whether or not they're wearing costumes.   
    Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Crymsun

I've been hoping that some of the known Gotham police would show up.  Montoya, Crispus Allen, Bullock...  That would be nice to tie things together a bit. 

It does seem like they made a point of saying that Hathaway will play Selina Kyle.. and not mentiion Catwoman.  So maybe no Catwoman?  Regardless, I trust Nolan will give us a GREAT movie.
    mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mickoreo_LZ
    @Band Lone said:
    "I still think Black Mask would of been a better choice. "

Agreed. But Nolan will probably find a way to make this movie awesome anyways
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bruce Vain

I'm absolutely thrilled when I heard that  Bane was gonna be the main villain. I know Tom will do the job right. I mean hell Bronson was pretty damn close to Bane's origin almost. What's good is that Tom has already build a foundation of muscle from his role in Bronson. NOW he just needs to add some more. Like I'm talking about Chris Hemsworth (Thor) big. I recommend he talks to him or the Rock and get on their workout and diet plan to pack on more muscle. If that means he has to juice then so be it :D  

I honestly think we'll get something like this when Batman and Bane go at it, and I think they should use that mask. Since you'll be able to see Tom's mouth and eyes, and should go with the voice close to that like Henry Silva. 

Something like this wouldn't be bad of how Tom should maybe look like. 

I'm happy that Selina is gonna be in it but I'm not thrilled with who they got. I would've preferred Olivia Wilde, Carla Gugino, Mia Kirshner or Emmy Rossum to play Selina. But I guess we'll see what happens. 

I'm still hoping Black Mask to be in this, and I'm still hoping Nolan reteams with Guy Pearce and has him play Black Mask. If not him Tim Olyphant would good too. Be interesting too if they did have Lady Shiva or Talia be in the movie too. Since they've been scouting Asia for locations. Could be where Batman does have his back broken , and either two of those ladies help retrain him and rehabilitate him. This is a HUGE maybe but Killer Croc could be in it cause of them checking out Louisiana  and what a good way to show how powerful Bane is and show him and Croc going at it and have Bane break Crocs arms like in Knightfall. Just all theories. With Nolan you have to expect the unexpected. 

I'm still hoping Bullock, Montoya, Essen  & Allen be the new cops brought in to replace the paid of cops that Gordon thought he trusted. I would LOVE to have Michael Chiklis as Bullock . Just picture Bullock like Vic Mackey except with a stogie, trenchcoat and fedora. And I would love it if someone like Michelle Rodriguez as Montoya.
    Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @HexThis: Was this Huntress Year One by Ivory Madison? I vaguely remember her giving Helena advice there.  Good insight there on how she uses her interactions with him to study his strengths/weaknesses to her advantage.

Unfortunately, we aren't seeing much of this clever, resourceful Selina in the comics lately. I hate that she's just been relegated to a helpless victim who can't seem to function without Bruce or her team mates. I'm hoping this WON'T be Nolan's take on the character.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NightFang3
    @Billy Batson said:

" My hopes are high. "

Aren't we all. 

@Technoman said:

" Nice casting and villains, I must say. "

Agreed. 
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HexThis
    @chipsnopotatoes: Yeah, it was the one written by Ivory Madison. Catwoman's a tad campy in it but not unbearably so and she has some pretty good lines. The whole series was pretty awesome actually, really turned me on to the Huntress. 

Catwoman's current portrayal is troublesome, that I can agree with. I think it's because they can't find a happy medium with Selina's relationship to Bruce. She either is in love with him and is pitifully weak for giving into it or she's relentlessly chomping at the bit to have him in the sack and doesn't care all that much for him otherwise. So either she's a damsel or a vixen. 

They also feel the constant need over at DC to distract Bruce with many other women but they all pale in comparison except Talia who's ruined all hope anyways. It's not in Bruce's character to be a player nor is it Selina's, I think they should just continue on in their adventures and meet up every now and then.   

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By JonesDeini

Hardy's dope and I think he'll pull off Bane nicely. I'm sure Nolan will also give Bane a proper Characterization. Selina Kyle being in it I can take or leave, much as I love Hathaway. What I really want to see is Thalia Al Ghul. 

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @entropy_aegis: You don't think his Venom is unrealistic? Even compared to modern steroids it's a pretty big stretch.  I think it is very important to his character as well. Like Joker toxin is to his character. A tactical strategic genius makes for a good villain but a tactical strategic genius with the size and strength of someone in the Worlds Strongest Man competition makes for a great villain. 
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

LOOOOL I SWEARDOWN Nolans reading my ComicVine comments... Hes gotta be, I remember when they announced hardy...&EVERY TOM DICK &HARDY was yappin on bout wether hed play Riddler Dr Hurt or even (god forbid)Stephen Strange ((o__o)) shudder....  I threw out the more REALISTIC &IMO suitable idea.. That BANE would be the IDEAL guy not only top push an already war weary, disillusioned..hunted, haunted batman.. Not only would he be the Epitome of all the physical/mental aspects that make Batman unconquerable.. But he'd also have the edge of  genetic/ultra-anabolic enhancements.. coupled with the fact hes also a devious survival of the fittest thrives on conflict type mastermind... It would make for an EPIC cinematic matchup worthy of the previous films rivalry with "The Nihilistic Mr Napier" if donr right

As for "CatWoman" the Selina Kyle digress seems plausible &typical of Nolans reality grounded comic realisations.. I expect a "Year One meets Hush"  characterisation.. I envision her startin out &spendin MOST  of movie non costumed.. with fmaybe lashbacks to her 1st encounters with Bruce when he was learnin the ropes around Gotham before he modified his suit.. &havin her follow his "career" all the way to present.. Then after a short stint theivin from gothams richer blue collar criminals (insert theme of the knock on effects of the finanical crisis on gotham here) sumthin thatll probly bring her into conflict with the bat, shell get away &possibly be inluenced by him to fight crime.. in her own way

DAMN Im good

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Pokeysteve: Cant BELIEVE you just called THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL TIME... A failure... ((o___o))

#Flabbergasted
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Shadowdoggy:  
    Joker, I approve of. But screw his take on Ras, it almost made me not see Dark Knight...
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By sexy_merc

They're both eye candy.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LP
    All I know is.... that I love this setup. Anne and Tom. They're both going to rock this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.