what was this story

#1 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

you know the one were alfered dressed up as batmans eneimes to make him feel better so bruce didnt feel crazy.

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

huh?

#3 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf are u talkin about kid

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

This one:

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the story, but I think he may be referencing this:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/20/0XUBMnihI0mXsXpNgygFVw2.jpg

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222 said:

I don't know the story, but I think he may be referencing this:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/20/0XUBMnihI0mXsXpNgygFVw2.jpg

Yep, that's "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?".

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

This one:

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

Ah I see.

#8 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

so is alferd really joker is he canon or just a random story i think it be cool to see the one person bruce trusts to be a physcopath.

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@moneyshotz said:

so is alferd really joker is he canon or just a random story i think it be cool to see the one person bruce trusts to be a physcopath.

No, Alfred isn't the Joker. The story was about Batman's "funeral", which was attended by various versions of his allies and enemies, all of them having a different tale about Batman's death. But none of their stories were canon (we had Batman dying in a fire, Batman drowning, Batman being mortally poisoned by the Joker, Batman sacrificing himself to save Gotham City from a bomb, Batman bleeding to death, among many others).

#10 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@moneyshotz said:

No, Alfred isn't the Joker. The story was about Batman's "funeral", which was attended by various versions of his allies and enemies, all of them having a different tale about Batman's death. But none of their stories were canon (we had Batman dying in a fire, Batman drowning, Batman being mortally poisoned by the Joker, Batman sacrificing himself to save Gotham City from a bomb, Batman bleeding to death, among many others).

Yeah, the overall story was really more of an homage to the different interpretations and eras of Batman. None of it is canon, but it made for a great comic.

#11 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@moneyshotz said:

Yeah, the overall story was really more of an homage to the different interpretations and eras of Batman. None of it is canon, but it made for a great comic.

Not even the funeral is/was cannon

#12 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Great book. It's a love story about Batman. It grabs bits and pieces of his history and says a fond farewell to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.