What's your favorite Bat-family title?

• 57 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: What's your favorite Bat-family title? (70 votes)

Batman 39%
Batman Inc. 10%
Batman & Robin 11%
Batgirl 1%
Batwoman 9%
Nightwing 14%
Red Hood & The Outlaws 10%
Detective Comics 4%
Batman: The Dark Knight 1%
#1 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to put an option for Li'l Gotham and "Other" but accidentally hit Enter and this site won't let me edit it so yeah, sorry about that. Just post other titles if they aren't listed.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Nightwing.

#3 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, although I personally think Batwoman is the best plotted and drawn, with the most gravitas, I just love Nightwing. Dick Grayson is one of my all time favorite characters.

#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Lil Gotham, with Batman Inc a close second.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

I spit on your Batman Inc.

gravitas

This is one of my favorite words.

#6 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I also love Dick Grayson. He's just such a lovable character. I mean what would the DCU be without him? I think of it this way: I couldn't imagine losing Batman, but for some reason if Dick were to die I might actually lock myself in my room and weep for days.

#7 Posted by czechoslovakia (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. RHATO made me REALLY like Jason more, though. Tim Drake should get his own book; it's weird how superboy has one yet Tim doesn't.

#8 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
@mercy_ said:

@emperor_gonzo_noir said:

haha is this because of the death of Damian?

#9 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@deaditegonzo: I also love Dick Grayson. He's just such a lovable character. I mean what would the DCU be without him? I think of it this way: I couldn't imagine losing Batman, but for some reason if Dick were to die I might actually lock myself in my room and weep for days.

Agreed. The other thing is, while Batman is definitely the most popular character in comics right now, he probably also has more haters than just about anyone else. I dont know of anyone who outright hates Dick, even if they dont love him.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:
@mercy_ said:

@emperor_gonzo_noir said:

haha is this because of the death of Damian?

Yeahhh. I'm still really pissed about it lol

#11 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@czechoslovakia: I agree. But I guess he's in Teen Titans. I wasn't sure if that one counted as a bat family book though. I have also read some RHATO. It has made me like Jason a bit more I suppose but I don't seem to like him as much as other people do for some reason. I will say this, he adds an interesting dynamic to the bat family as a whole and I'm on board with that.

#12 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously Batman, so I chose to vote with my #2 Bat-Family book: Batman & Robin.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

She's not a member of the Bat-Family, but Batwoman is my favourite on that list. She's in the Batman group of titles though if that's what you mean.

#14 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is my favorite with Batman & Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl all being close seconds.

#15 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099: I was just about to jump on Batman and Robin when the death of Damian happened. Really foiled my plans. Now with no clear direction with that title at the moment, at least that I know of, I'm hesitant to start reading it. DC seems to like to do that to me every time I get interested in a new title (Deathstroke being cancelled as another example).

#17 Edited by The_Tree (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc., followed by Batman and Robin.

#18 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: I'd recommend still getting at least the first trade, "Born to Kill." It's a great story that explores the unique relationship of Bruce and Damien. It's probably the best Damien story I've read. I am curious as to how they'll continue the title after Batman gets through all the seven stages of grief with the various guest stars. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with something interesting.

#19 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood and the Outlaws.

#20 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: I'm starting to wonder if she's even an ally. From what she said in #19, she doesn't seem to like Batman much.

#21 Posted by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman! =p

Hard call for me, love them all!

#22 Posted by Teerack (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm surprised at how 5 titles are tied.

#23 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Very hard for me to choose between Batman, Batman & Robin and Nightwing.

#24 Posted by t3hLomb (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood and the Outlaws, and obviously I'm not the only one since it's tied for the lead.

#25 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow RHATO tied with Batman! Interesting.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Incorporated.

#27 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- Red Hood and The Outlaws, followed by Batman and Robin.

#28 Edited by kilomac29 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Batman title, Snyder's writing and Capullo's art are just fantastic. That being said, I love the overall vibe of Detective comics. I dig the mystery feel it has, and the fact that you get to see Batman's rogue's gallery on a regular basis.

Those two are closely followed by:

• Red Hood and the Outlaws
  • Batman and Robin
  • Nightwing
  • Batgirl
#29 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

batman

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin closely followed by Batman Inc.

She's not a member of the Bat-Family, but Batwoman is my favourite on that list. She's in the Batman group of titles though if that's what you mean.

I think she'll soon become one, they're not rushing it because it will seem forced and unoriginal.

#31 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Snyder's Batman, but I'm a little concerned with the direction that the title is heading since DOTF concluded.

B&R has been another solid title.

Dropped Det. Comics and TDK months ago because they were piss poor.

#32 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I hope not. I like that's she's not one of them.

It would seem forced though. Her and Batman aren't getting along, and she's said she's not one of his 'Bat-Cult'. I don't think either of them have expressed any interest in her becoming one of the family.

I think it's just her name that makes it seem like she should be in the family, but that's a pretty weak reason.

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: I'm not saying she'll flat out become one of them but she'll definitely become an ally. They'll eventually trust one another. They're taking it slow so that it doesn't seem forced. And if they agreed with everything from the start then it would be very unoriginal,she'll become a copycat of Batgirl and Nightwing then. She does believe in some of his ways or else she wouldn't have chosen to be a Bat. Also Snyder said that he's going to explore the connection between the Wayne and Kane family, in that term atleast they're going to tie her close to the family. Allies are not part of a family but they are supposed to be people you can trust and can count on when you need help. She already started to interact with the family and it will probably take a year or two for them to become allies.

#34 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

Allies might be alright, as long as her stories don't get interrupted by Batman crossovers. J.H. Williams doesn't seem to like crossovers though, so while he's still involved, that should be O.K.

The Waynes and the Kanes are two of the 'first families of Gotham', and Martha Wayne was a Kane before she was married, so it could be other Kanes he was talking about.

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah that's what I'm saying. They do not need to be on each other's book all the time but they could definitely team sometime to show that they are allies, that can help her gain more fans. And I know Snyder's talking about other Kanes but he's a tricky writer he always wants to establish connections so there is a very good chance she'll be also involved.

#36 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I'm trying to figure out how she could be involved. It seems like it would be difficult to involve her as she wouldn't have been active in Batmans early days.

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Red Hood because I actually decided to skip the most recent issues of Batman & Batgirl (despite the fact that I was following them consistently) but didn't want to miss RHatO. The fact that I made that decision suggests that at least subconsciously I prefer it, haha.

I'm fairly certain that Batwoman isn't actually in this "Bat family," however. I've only read Elegy but if her ongoing is anything like that, it'd probably be my favorite if 1. I were reading it and 2. she belonged on this list.

#39 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I don't think he's ever met Batman, but he could be involved some other way I suppose.

If Batwoman is somehow connected to Zero Year, I just hope it'll be done sensibly. Scott Snyder has said that involving Batwoman in his work is up to J.H. Williams to say if he's allowed, so it should be O.K., if it happens. I don't think he'd let Snyder do anything bad with her.

#40 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: She's not one of the family, and her ongoing is like Elegy, so you'd probably like it. In fact, if you liked Elegy, Now could be a good point to jump on to the series, as some things from Elegy will be followed on in this arc.

I think she belongs on this list, as I think the OP meant the Batman group of titles, rather than the Bat-Family themself.

#41 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Scott Snyder is a good writer, he doesn't writes any character the bad way like GJ,so that won't be a problem. All Batcentric writers are good actually.

#42 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Well, I've thought his Batman issues have been O.K. so far(only read up to #16), so hopefully that'll stay the same.

#43 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#44 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, but Snyders Batman is a close second.

#45 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao no one picked the dark night.

#46 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Batman

#47 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Picked Nightwing since it's the only series that I still follow.

#48 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman the most. Batman Inc is good too. I don't care about the rest.

#49 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin. Batman is slowly beginning to lose my interest because I really dont want another origin story.

#50 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman and Nightwing but I went with RHATO because....just because.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.