what mental disorders does Bruce Wayne have

#1 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

what is his personality, is he crazy or sane does he pay women to be around him or is he a womenizer or a player it seens like to me bruce never asks for these women they want him for his money. bruce never wants to be close to anyone he is a loner who fakes to be a jerk and a drink so no one thinks he is batman there hero of gotham. how is he a play boy or how does he fake it. does bruce not care about everyone. it seems like he doesnt treat non of the heros fair.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL OF THEM!!! HE'S THE GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!!

#3 Posted by JonesDeini (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Guilt mainly, paranoid schizophrenia, dissociative disorder...

#4 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

nice topic moneyshotz! :)

#5 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Acute apophenia.

#6 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on which version.

If we are talking about the War games version then yeah he has some kind of mental illness perhaps.

But I dont think Batman actually has any mental disorder,he has dedicated his life in the fight against crime.Batman is who Bruce Wayne is,Bruce Wayne is just a rouse to ensure people dont suspect him as Batman.

#7 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Depends on which version.

If we are talking about the War games version then yeah he has some kind of mental illness perhaps.

But I dont think Batman actually has any mental disorder,he has dedicated his life in the fight against crime.Batman is who Bruce Wayne is,Bruce Wayne is just a rouse to ensure people dont suspect him as Batman.

This.

#8 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini said:

Guilt mainly, paranoid schizophrenia, dissociative disorder...

Assuming that by Dissociative disorder, you mean DID, he is nowhere close to having that. He would only have paranoid schizophrenia if everything about him being batman was a delusion.

It's really hard to peg what, if any disorder he would have. The funny part about it is that one of the defining characteristics of having a mental illness is that it has to impair functioning in your life. And one could argue that he successfully leads two lives, so there is no impairment, or his having to lead two lives IS the impairment.

In any event, the only thing I could confidently say he suffers from is Depression, for obvious reasons. If I were to extend so far as to say that he had a personality disorder, I'd put my money on Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Personally, I don't think he has any real mental disorders outside of depression. He is a just a very rational introvert who made a very strange decision that most of society would see as a terrible, and downright crazy idea.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34920 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is obsessed and kinda paranoid but not crazy. Batman is supposed to be at the peak of mental perfection

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: It 's not paranoia If everyone is really out to get you. also great topic.
#12 Posted by Esther_Cotillard (489 posts) - - Show Bio

Type A personality + sociopathic tendencies = Bruce Wayne

#13 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: i do except i buy random issues not in order.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.