Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23646 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What is your favourite Batman graphic novel/comic?

Muirkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Muirkat

Mine is Batman R.I.P because Batman and is pushed past his break point but he was still able to push on through and come out victorious

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By the_tree

If you count an overall series, then I'd say Batman and Robin (2009).

But if you mean just one graphic novel, then I pick Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin Must Die. It has fantastic artwork from the masterful Frazer Irving, (obviously) great writing from Grant Morrison, it involved three of my favorite Batman villains with Doctor Hurt, Joker, and Professor Pyg, it had the triumphant return of Bruce Wayne, there was the announcement of Batman Inc., and three of my favorite Bat-family members worked together (Batman, Dick, Damian).

No Caption Provided
    roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By roboadmiral
    No Caption Provided

Okay, I know it's a pretty predictable pick, but that's not without a reason. It's Frank Miller at his very best as a writer and an artist. The personality of Batman here has shaped my understanding of the character more than any version I've seen before or since. I have very serious doubts that there will ever be a story more definitive for Batman.

Avatar image for portlandsbatman
    PortlandsBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PortlandsBatman

Because Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns has already been said I will say I loved Hush. The art by Jim Lee was great and the story was very well thought out. And it was the first graphic novel I read in years and brought me back into reading comics.

But if you want to talk graphic novels that just have batman in them, I would say Superman: Red Son. I am a much bigger fan of Batman than Superman but Red Son is just so good.

And lastly I love the Court of the Owls by Scott Snyder. Because Although Hush got be back into reading comics Scott brought me back into reading monthly comic, I just couldn't wait until the next issue come out, and I am enjoying his work on Death of the Family.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Batman: Hush

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Autopsad

Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin Must Die for the same reasons than The_Tree

Batman The Dark Knight Returns

Batman : Hush

Batman : The Long Halloween (Never thought I would love that one at first, the art was very special. But as the story goes, the art gets into you !)

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By SavageDragon

These are mine in nor order.

Muirkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Muirkat

Hush was pretty wicked another one I really liked was the killing joke because it should you how the joker's thought process worked. It gave me a new perspective of the character

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JSH92

Knightfall

No Caption Provided
    rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rolldestroyer

it's definitely RIP for me

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@SavageDragon: You're in my mind. This is exactly my answer.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mannequin

@PortlandsBatman said:

Because Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns has already been said I will say I loved Hush. The art by Jim Lee was great and the story was very well thought out. And it was the first graphic novel I read in years and brought me back into reading comics.

I absolutely love, love, love Batman Hush. It was such a really good story, and Jim Lee's art is astounding. Nice pick .

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chasereis

Dark Knight Returns is my favorite comic period. No Man's Land was very interesting too.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UncleEmu

My favorites are "The Long Halloween" and "The Black Glove." "The Long Halloween" is just an absolute classic, and has so many villains. "The Black Glove" tied together Morrison's confusing run on Batman, and brought you some sweet ass-kicking

Thatonekid131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thatonekid131

Probably the Long Halloween or The Killing Joke. Predictable, I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.