What is wrong with Batman's butler?

#1 Edited by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

The man doesn't seem to have any friends, he never seems to leave the manor, and we never see him with a woman. Does anyone know of any stories dealing with Alfred's friends (exclusively his) or a love interest from after Bruce became Batman? Guy must get alittle lonely sitting in a giant mansion all day and a giant cave all night all by himself.

#2 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with celibacy.

#3 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

Lets agree to disagree. You don't think it's weird or unhealthy to have no friends or never get outside the homestead though?

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

His friends are the Bat-Family ;)

#5 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@gotwillpower said:

Lets agree to disagree. You don't think it's weird or unhealthy to have no friends or never get outside the homestead though?

As mr.obvious (seriously, that's his username) just said, I would think he is content being friends with the Bat-Family. Do parents have social lives? Mine sure don't. And I'm sure Alfred goes out every so often with Bruce. Fund-raising parties, grocery shopping, limo-driving, and circus-attending (the Flying Graysons?) would be the main trips. I'm sure that he also goes to see musicals or plays, given that he likes the theater.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred has various social media accounts online.

#7 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

think of him as a monk that lives in the mountains i guess batman and robin and occasional visits from others are good enough for him

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

B!tch don't be dissing alfred

poor guy runs maintenance on the bathouse and raise bruce since his parents got shot

#9 Posted by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

Age.

#10 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt he kinda date leslie thompinks?

#11 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Alfred has various social media accounts online.

Exactly, Alfred is probably has one of the most famous twitter, Facebook, and tumblr accounts ever.

BatButler101

everyone thinks he is just a joke account, but that is how he vents.

#12 Posted by BatWatch (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

In a Gotham Knights issue, he was shown to have romantic feelings towards the lady who runs the free health clinic. I feel stupid for being unable to remember her name at the moment. I can find more specific info if you would like.

Overall, good points.

Ah, Leslie Thompkins.

#13 Posted by ReachDestroyer (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets have a minutes silence for the poor Alfred in Dark Knight Returns, who kept on working as Bruce's butler until he was in at least his 90's, possibly 100's and then killed by a stroke caused by the shock from Bruce blowing up Alfred's home (Wayne Manor)

#14 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReachDestroyer said:

Lets have a minutes silence for the poor Alfred in Dark Knight Returns, who kept on working as Bruce's butler until he was in at least his 90's, possibly 100's and then killed by a stroke caused by the shock from Bruce blowing up Alfred's home (Wayne Manor)

You may want to put a black bar on that...

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

He has them, I'm sure. We just don't see them.

#16 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@ReachDestroyer said:

You may want to put a black bar on that...

For a 20 year old comic?

#17 Posted by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred is flawless.

#18 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred is a member of the Pennyworth family. That doesn't sound like much, but little do you know. Pennyworth, the first one, way before the name Pennyworth was even a thing, WAY back when Vandal Savage was only first learning to be a leader. WAY back then, the neanderthal who would spawn the line of Pennyworth's awakened a power within himself. To this day, no one knows what triggered it. But whatever it was gave him the power to spawn ANOTHER him, no reproduction or partner involved. The price was simple: Each one spawned would become increasingly subservient and loyal to those who would control him. Now, the Pennyworth family serves the Waynes. And one day, when Alfred is no longer needed, he'll leave. And a new Pennyworth will return to serve the next Wayne.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.