what is the jokers real name

#1 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

i heard him called jack the ripper is there any others.

#2 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph Kerr. I think.

#3 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been confirmed there are so many different back stories for the character there is't any proof any are real. Also in one story it had a pre disfigured Joker getting called Jack nothing more that is all I know on the name. I just like to think of the character as an Enigma (just not as much as Riddler is)

#4 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a name in the 1989 Batman movie, pretty sure it was Jack Napier.

#5 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah it was jack napier why cant dc just make a story line and not differnt worlds and shit dc be so much better.
#6 Posted by MrShway88 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Joe Kerr (pretty stupid in my opinion)

2. Jack Napier

3. Jack (had another last name besides Napier but I forgot)

It was also mention that it is possible all of his origin stories are just made up and no one knows.

I think it's better as a mystery. It has an allure to it that makes the character more interesting than he already is. Similar to Sabortooth.

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@moneyshotz: He's been called SO many things.

In one awful story he was called Jasper and was apparently a circus clown at one point. And yes, this was canon, but it was very, very quickly retconned.

(I believe this was in Hush Returns)

#8 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Jasper....

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

it makes the charecter more interesting since no one is sure of his backstory. even though it would be cool to hae his backstory revealed one day

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he really need one?

#11 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Jack, no last name given.

Joseph Kerr is an alias given by Joker when he is trying to hide something but not really.

Jack Napier was made up for the movie

Jasper is a made up back story within the canon that Joker was messing with someone with.

Jack is given by joker in several back stories, given in several origin stories not told by jack, and referred to Jack within stories that are known to be canon. We also know that Joker keeps in contact with some of his family. His cousin, I believe it was, is the one that created his joker toxin so that's a possible clue.

#12 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack, yeah i remember ive read that in Legends of the dark knight

#13 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

they need to reveal a name for him like tell his story that way people can see the world through the jokers eyes i think he has a right to hate the world he did after all end up in the chemical accident cause of batman created the joker thats what i like about batman joker makes all these mistakes and they haunt him.
#14 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Bin Suparman.

#15 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke by Alan Moore has an interesting version of the Joker's backstory.

#16 Posted by Joygirl (15379 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movie and cartoon he is Jack Napier, in TKJ is is Jack, Joe Kerr is an alias, as is Jack White. Mainstream Joker has no known full name, but it's strongly assumed he is Jack Something.

#17 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats his mystery....his name is not official...du du duuuuuum

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's real name has been unrevealed in the comics...

#19 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Robert Paulson

#20 Posted by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Saucedo17 said:

His name is Robert Paulson

In death...a member of project mayhem, has a name....

But seriously, for me If joker had a real name, it would be Jack Napier . However, I just kinda like to think Joker was always Joker. Whoever he was before the chemicals and acid bleached his skin and mind doesn't really matter.

#21 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

true but not true maybe alot lead to joker being the way he is and well i wanna read a book on it.
#22 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want Joker's name to be revealed, nor too much of his backstory. It just makes him cooler in my own opinion.

#23 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Geeze NEWBS it's Aleen Greenway.

#24 Posted by LordMaverick (5200 posts) - - Show Bio

DC encyc. says unknown..... real helpful......

#25 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16885 posts) - - Show Bio

Its unknown.

Just like his origin it should be multiple choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.