What if the next Robin...

#1 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

...is John Blake? He could keep the same basic backstory (GCPD cop who admires Batman) and they would change up the formula a bit by having an already-adult Robin. It also wouldn't be the first time a character from another Batman media form was later implemented into the comics (i.e. Harley Quinn).

#2 Posted by nateb1211 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Joseph Gordon Levitt in the movie and his character but I just don't think it would be a good idea.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (13683 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the time I hate it when comics incorporate movie aspects. This would be one of those times. Just MY opinion though.

#4 Posted by Vitalius (2911 posts) - - Show Bio

Does adult Robin even works ? Why not even be something diferente ? Plus how many Robins must exist?

#5 Posted by ShadowX (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay eith movies/cartoons adding to comics, but don't really like John Blake as robin.

#6 Edited by JetiiMitra (9012 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be funny if it were more of an inside joke. Like if he were integrated into the comics, don't have him take up a superhero identity, but have the heroes who know him call him Robin to mess with him.

#8 Edited by youknowwhattodo (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

No because I always viewed John Blake as Nolan's attempt at an amalgam of the robins (at least Dick Grayson and Tim Drake) so I don't think he would work well in the comics. Not to mention that Harley Quinn was put in because she was well received, though most people agree that JGL was good in the role, his inclusion in the Dark Knight trilogy was a polarizing one.

#9 Posted by Jokerpoker (2978 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really been a fan of Robin, but I guess it would be okay, Levitt is pretty cool.

#10 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#11 Posted by havoc1201 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god this would never happen, the dude couldn't even take on two dudes solo but he was suppose to become Batman, I guess all that training Bruce did around the world is pointless bc any dude in a mask can be Batman at any moment.

#12 Edited by lifeofvibe (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

H-H-H-H-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAT-HAT-HAT-HAT-HAT-HATE IT

To much?

#13 Posted by Black_Arrow (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#14 Posted by W3BST3R (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201: THANK YOU. The moment DKR finished, I was left thinking Bruce left that guy to die very quickly in Gotham. He had no training whatsoever and it took Bruce years to accumulate the skills he had and his own personal will.

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (14597 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian should come back as Robin.

#16 Posted by fil123 (632 posts) - - Show Bio

No more robins please

#17 Posted by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

There's Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin. Bruce doesn't need another little pisher sidekick.

...though it would be funny to see Carrie Kelly again as Robin. It was nice seeing her again in Brave and the Bold

#18 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8066 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see John Blake as a character in the GCPD but not as a Robin

#19 Posted by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually you know what, all this talk the Nightwing series ending...what if Dick went back to being Robin?

#20 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: A thought I just had: he could play a similar role he did in the movie, acting as kind of a sidekick but not being a direct sidekick.

@azrael_online: I can't really see him going back to Robin after being Nightwing for so long, but it'd be cool.

#21 Posted by SoA (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

eh . a nightwing -esque character . too on the nose if he went by his first name

#22 Posted by SupBatz (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

This.

#23 Posted by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@rustyroy said:

This.

I think we all know Damien is going to be back...most likely as one of the clone versions. Or who knows, maybe they already dumped his corpse in a lazerous put. In all honesty, screw Damien, Tim was an awesome Robin.

#24 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. Have him be a cop, but not as an adult Robin.

I came up with a scenario that could happen. When Batman finally does get back Damian's body and puts it in the Lazarus Pit, Damian emerges as being evil and helping Ra's al Ghul. Batman is doomed, but Carrie Kelly in the Robin costume saves the day and Carrie becomes the new Robin. So many people would be pissed off XD

#25 Posted by SupBatz (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@rustyroy said:

This.

I think we all know Damien is going to be back...most likely as one of the clone versions. Or who knows, maybe they already dumped his corpse in a lazerous put. In all honesty, screw Damien, Tim was an awesome Robin.

In the long run, Damian will probably return in some way, shape, or form (see Jason Todd). But I am still of the opinion that he shouldn't have been killed off in the first place.

#26 Posted by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. Have him be a cop, but not as an adult Robin.

Batman is doomed, but Carrie Kelly in the Robin costume saves the day and Carrie becomes the new Robin. So many people would be pissed off XD

Figure that'd be coo :p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.