Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What if? DC Anime: Batman

Avatar image for psychogamer8229
    PsychoGamer8229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Think of it as something like the short animations featured in the film known as Batman: Gotham Knight. The difference is that instead of being a series of shorts, it would be its own series. Something like the Marvel anime.

Please answer these questions if you can:

Do you think this should be in a continuity of its own or within the current New 52 continuity?

Where would such a series take place?

Which characters would feature in it? (ex. Robin, Batgirl, Oracle, etc.)

Which villains would make an appearance? (ex. Joker, Penguin, Bane, etc.)

Who would voice each character? (ex. Kevin Conroy as Batman)

Who would write for it? (ex. Paul Dini, Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, etc.)

Which animation studio would animate it? (ex. Madhouse, Bones, Production I.G, etc.)

Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MasterDetective

I hated the gotham knight animation.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrisj_1

Personally man I hate the look of anime I would hate a long running anime show based on Batman I'd be all for a show done in the style of Young Justice or better yet Avatar but not straight up anime.

Do you think this should be in a continuity of its own or within the current New 52 continuity?

Definitely has to be set in a world of it's own but taking snippets that actually work from the New 52 (The timeline's fucked up and some character changes don't fly well with me but I like the overall universe). The cool thing about the old DCAU was it's self contained universe and if we can go back to that it'd be amazing.

Where would such a series take place?

Gotham? Where else he's Batman but maybe take a thing or two from Batman Begins and have flashbacks or maybe full episodes taking place during Batman's training in Asia (it'd help give the show a bit of an anime atmosphere even if it wouldn't really be one per say)

Which characters would feature in it? (ex. Robin, Batgirl, Oracle, etc.)

Ya know what I'd rather the show start out with the basics Batman, Jim Gordon, Harvey Dent, maybe give it the Batman: Year One line up have it start out a show with a younger Batman and gradually build up a cast.

Which villains would make an appearance? (ex. Joker, Penguin, Bane, etc.)

Everyone don't limit yourself to the main bad guys that's an ideal Beware the Batman got right but don't limit yourself to side villains either just gradually build a cast of villains but keep it interesting that's the most important thing.

Who would voice each character? (ex. Kevin Conroy as Batman)

Since I'm going for a younger Batman I'd have it be Roger Craig Smith he works for a young voice and he's a damn good cross of Kevin Conroy mixed with everything good about Bale's Batman.

Jim Piddock for Alfred he voiced him in Batman: Under the Redhood and I feel he had the right personality in his portrayal.

If possible we need Bryan Cranston back as Jim Gordon he's perfect.

That's all I have for a cast

Who would write for it? (ex. Paul Dini, Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, etc.)

Ya know what talking ideally here I'd love for it to be a show written by a rotation off all the major Batman writers all the above man it'd be amazing. Hell make it a 5-10 episode season type of show if you have to just make it a series built up of specials but I want all these writers having a part in it.

Which animation studio would animate it? (ex. Madhouse, Bones, Production I.G, etc.)

Studio Mir? I believe that's who does the primary animation for Avatar Legend of Korra and that's the smoothest animation I've seen anywhere and they sure as hell know how to make a fight scene.

Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

Why or why not? Why not it's just be another Batman cartoon just as good an idea as any of the others.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RustyRoy
    • Should be in its own continuity but I'd like to see some of the Morrison storylines.
    • Mostly in Gotham and Japan. I don't want it to take place only in Gotham, I'd like to see his adventures in places like Tokyo, Dubai, China, India, Africa, Nanda Parbat etc. as Batman.
    • Alfred, Oracle, Jim Gordon, Nightwing, Robin (Damian), Red Robin, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Batwing(Luke Fox), Talia al Ghul, Jezebel Jet, Vicky Vale, Silver St. Cloud, Sasha Bordeaux, Birds of Prey, some of the Batman Inc. characters.
    • Ra's al Ghul as the primary villain, Doctor Hurt, Black Glove, Prometheus, Wrath, Hush, Pyg, Killer Croc, Riddler, Freeze, Clayface, Joker, Court of Owls (but no March), Scarecrow, Deathstroke, Lex etc.
    • Bruce Greenwood as Batman and whoever Andrea Romano casts.
    • This is a tough one cause I don't know much about Japanese Animation studios and there seems to be many great ones in Japan. I think the guys who did Cowboy Bebop will be great for the job or the guys who did Attack on the Titans.
    • I think its a great idea. All of the Batman animated series have been different from each other in tone, animation, stories etc. so it will continue that tradition and Anime should be perfect for Batman.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

My only problem with Batman´s anime is that Batman would be in high tech suit or something like non supernatural Bleach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superhero anime sucks.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: it does they should really stop trying unless were counting teen titans in wich case...that one is an exeption that was teen titans

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: or how about WICTHBLADE? the only superhero anime i know of

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.