Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23505 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What if Alfred created Batman?

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZombieMowlcher

Me and my friends over xbox were joking around with Batman's origin story, then one of my friends had a stroke of genius; What if Alfred made Battman?

Many people in Gotham no of Wayne's tragic childhood, but not his secret identity. Alfred knows both, having raised him (Depending on the origin behind the butler).

Alfred is driving back to the manor after getting the ingredients for dinner. On his way back, he gets transported back in time to the night of the murder of Bruce's parents. Disoriented, he hits and kills a pedestrian. This man is none other than Joe Chill, killer and creator of Batman. Since Chill is dead, Bruce never has the traumatic experience of watching his parents die, thus never becoming Batman and saving everyone on many occasions. Realizing this, Alfred knows the horrible crime he must commit. The butler dons a ski mask and wear's Joe Chill's clothes. He then heads to the theater and kills Wayne's parents, insuring bat man is created.

What do you guys think? Explaining the time travel bit may be tricky, but I think this is an interesting alternate reality.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alfred loved the Waynes and would never hurt them, especially knowing the trauma that it inflicts on Bruce.

I think if this reality occurred, Alfred would work with Bruce and find other ways for him to help society like charity and mentoring rather than turning him into a tortured vigilante.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyGat

Alfred wouldn't do that. Makes no sense, he would more probably come to the conclusion that the Wayne's would be better off left alone. His time spent as the "father" to Bruce would have him overjoyed that Bruce would finally be able to live in an environment where he does not put himself in day to day danger.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Interesting...

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat:If it wasn't for batman, the world would've ended 3 times over.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is time to call Maury and see if Alfred is the Father!!!

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat:If it wasn't for batman, the world would've ended 3 times over.

In a comic world where heroes always prevail? Batman or not the universe would find a way for the good guys to win irregardless of Batman. Alfred's character is that he wants Bruce to live a life not in guilt but in happiness. If Bruce was the one who had the opportunity then maybe, because Bruce already believes that he has to be Batman to best help the world but Alfred, that would be completely out of character for him.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Alfred would (first) risk the paradox occurring, two if he did commit the murder he would likely commit suicide shortly thereafter. Batman would have still never existed as no one would have responded to the bat crashing through the window event and Bruce would have likely bled out and died. I can go on for a while...

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: I agree. As many characters there are in the DC universe, if Batman didn't exist, someone else would fill that vacuum In fact, many of Batman's rogues gallery might not exist as well, considering many consider themselves inspired by Batman.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bruce somehow killing his own parents would make for a better story.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this topic would be about Martha Wayne and Alfred getting it on, or Alfred making the bats show up or something

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get the feeling that if Alfred could, he would deliberately go back in time and stop the murder, Batman be damned, he would want Bruce to grow up happy and less someone else bare the burden.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PaperDemon

Alfred never really wanted Bruce to be Batman anyways, plus he would never hurt the waynes. Batman also wouldnt be needed if the waynes were still alive, because guessing that your referring to the Nolan series of movies, the waynes were strong enough to stop falcone and bring peace to gotham without batman, it was because they died and gotham was hopeless, that batman arrived.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

There is a comic out there I don't remember what its called I'm sure someone else does though. Its about how Bruce is really just a crazy guy and pretty much all the villains he fights aren't real but I think actors Alfred payed off. Alfred was also the Joker to keep Batman going. I don't remember the purpose but I think it was because Alfred believed Bruce needed a reason to live or something? At least this is what I remember of the comic, it may have actually been a bit different. Its what I thought of when I saw this thread, it was a pretty interesting read.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncleemu: I have been mentally scarred for life.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@tacos_kickass: That is from Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader by Neil Gaiman.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What if Alfred nurtured the Batman? Oh, wait...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.