What do you think it would take for Bruce to Stop Being Batman ?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

For me i think it would take him Killing the Joker. I think if he did that then he knows he has crossed that fine line so he would just pass the mantle back onto Dick.

#2 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the only thing that would permanently stop him is death. Anything else would just delay him and he'd eventually take the mantle back.

#3 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman Beyond did one of the best interpretations of how it could happen. Bruce gets so old and battered that he has to use lethal force if he wants to stay out there fighting crime, so he retires rather than break his code. I can see him taking an Oracle type role if he got too old and feeble.

#4 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

Death or old age. The deaths of any friends or family members would perhaps temporarily push him into shock, and I think the same goes for Bruce breaking his no killing rule, but in the end I think he'd get over it.

#5 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTmfnK6XDiA

#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotham in ashes

#7 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

For me i think it would take him Killing the Joker. I think if he did that then he knows he has crossed that fine line so he would just pass the mantle back onto Dick.

Joker died in Arkham City and he still didnt stop being Batman.

#8 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Nightwing didn't quit after killing Joker. I certainly feel like Batman would get over it.

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222: nightwing has never killed joker

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne Hathaway in a catsuit, obviously.

#12 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Anne Hathaway in a catsuit, obviously.

LMFAO this

#13 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Yeah he did. In last laugh, Nightwing beats Joker to death when he thinks that Joker killed Tim Drake. He's resuscitated by Batman.

#14 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

Th same that Beyond and Rises, being to old and hurt to keep going.

#15 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Death or advanced age. Even if he was outted to the public, he would just go underground and continue, or find someway to make it seem as if it was a lie. So short of a bullet to the skull or kidney stones, nada. lol

#16 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

the right medication

#17 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce can never stop being the Batman, his grief for his parents death is so great. Old age or permanent serious injury would force him into another role. He could turn into an Oracle type character as stated above, helping the various members of the Bat-Family with forensics, detective work and strategy while avoiding combat, which he can no longer do, from the safety of the Bat-Cave. He would still remain Batman and he would still fight crime until death finally ends him. He could never stop or give that up for anything else. 'The Dark Knight Returns' is a perfect example of this.

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

Is sad to see how many people belive Batman is insane for the fact he decide to do the right thing.

#20 Posted by JakeN7 (11233 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Damian died...then that would be it for him. He couldn't handle the death of another Robin let alone his own son. Aside from that though, I think Bruce would either grow too old to be Batman or die ("again") while in the mantle.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Yes he did, Nightwing beat Joker so bad his heart stopped and Batman had to do cpr to revive him but Joker was technically dead for like a minute.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Death.

#23 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Him either killing someone or dying.... but then again, not even death can stop the Batman.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22308 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Bruce quitting would be an extreme error on the behalf of whoever writes that story...it would be completely out of character for Bruce to quit no matter the circumstances

#25 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Divine Intervention

#26 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce will be Batman til Death do them part.

Then again...

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well marrying Selina in Earth Two did wonders for him.

#28 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: is there a scan cause i want to see that

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180:

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180:

#31 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: The crappy art kind of ruins that scene's impact for me.

#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13: He didn't ask if it was done well he just asked whether it happened

#33 Posted by SupBatz (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's best to just pretend that The Last Laugh never happened...smh

But anyways, pretty much old age or death as has been said. Batman Beyond pretty much showed Bruce takng a more Oracle-type role. It fit pretty well. I could even see Bruce using the Lazarus Pit to keep himself young for a little while if push came to shove.

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz: Only if we also get to pretend AVX didn't happen

#35 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

DEATH!

I don't think he's quitting until he dies.

#36 Posted by JakeN7 (11233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

@joshmightbe: The crappy art kind of ruins that scene's impact for me.

Yeah what the hell? Was that taken out of a coloring book? Gawd that's bad...

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: Like I said quality wasn't the issue, just whether or not it occurred

#38 Posted by roboadmiral (538 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a subscriber to the idea that there is no Bruce Wayne anymore, only Batman, so he'd either have to die or somehow manage to totally eliminate evil in Gotham.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.