Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What Could Have Been: Heath Ledger in TDKR

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cast:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Christian Bale

The Joker: Heath Ledger

Harley Quinn: Mila Kunis

Everyone else like Jim Gordon, Alfred, etc would be the same.

What if Heath Ledger played the Joker in The Dark Knight Rises? It would still of course have the same plot of Bruce Wayne giving up being Batman for a couple of years due to the events of the previous film, and The Joker has been in Arkham for a couple years. A charismatic and mysterious gang leader named Harley Quinn, who is inspired by the Joker, and her gang begin committing random acts of violence. Gotham's street criminals have united behind Harley, and they head for Arkham, to break out the Joker so he can lead them.

As soon Harley and the Joker meet, they fall in love instantly and go on a murderous crime spree that plunges Gotham into total anarchy. Which of course leads Batman and his allies to try and stop him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Joker should never be in a movie with Harley Quinn, sorry but is the truth, not everybody loves her, many people belive she is annoying and terrible as a character.

Besides the fact she minimize The Joker as a villain.

Mila Kunis?

The Joker said they will do this forever because this means as long there is a Batman there will be a Joker, they are link, dont mean he is going to face Batman in all the Batman movies for the rest of time.

All the evidence point they wanted other villains and go into another direction with the movies.

Sure i Love Heath and i Love The Joker, that dont means i want to see them in every single movie.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gordyman

@deathpoolthet1000: There are people that think The Joker is annoying, your argument is invalid. Besides The Joker did not die at the end of TDK, and like you said he did say "We're destined to do this forever."

Meaning had Heath Ledger not died, he would have appeared in the next movie. The only reason he got replaced by Bane was because he died.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he wouldve been in TDKR but with another major villain, not harley quinn lmao. possibly bane, penguin, talia... we'll never know

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@gordyman: Your argument is based on what could had being in your mind and your interpretation of what The Joker words mean.

Is based on your fantasy.

Also how is my argument is valid, The Joker is a giant villain of Batman, when Harley Quinn is a lesser villain, not only that but most of the time The Joker has nothing to do with Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn is famous but never seen as a real Batman villain.

She is a lesser character, that why you didnt even had a cameo.

That The Joker would had being in the next movie, wouldnt mean he would had being the main villain, Ras was back and he wasnt the main villain, so the Scarecrow, beside the point no single Batman villain has being the main villain in in two movie in the same period.

Also that thing you are talking are called The Joker Blogs and those thing arent canon dude.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Ra's died in the first movie. Compared to the Joker, Scarecrow is a lesser villain. Whereas the Joker is Batman's archenemy, so it would have been acceptable if he became the main villain again.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually didn nolan change the ending of TDK because of ledgers death?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Mila Kunis would be a horrific Harley Quinn....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@joygirl said:

Mila Kunis would be a horrific Harley Quinn....

What do you think about Brittany Murphy? I know shes dead, but whenever I saw her I immediately thought Harley.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nlghtcrawler: She'd be awesome but there is the whole death thing.

Not that anybody asked, but seriously, Ksenia Solo.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Stupid death things. They always ruin EVERYTHING.

Wow! Great find... it's almost scary how much she looks like Harley. She doesn't even need any special makeup or anything. Paint her face white, give her a malice and record.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nlghtcrawler: She is like, my number one ladycrush, have you ever seen Lost Girl? She makes it abundantly clear that she needs to play Harley.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I have not seen it, but now I might have to watch just for her. haha

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nlghtcrawler: Do it, she makes me smile so much.

Also you get to see girls kiss a LOT.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@nlghtcrawler: Do it, she makes me smile so much.

Also you get to see girls kiss a LOT.

That sounds nice I guess. lol

Thanks for the referral! :D

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Mila as Vicki Vale. But Harley Quinn? Nahhh. She may have worked in Burton's Batman universe, but in Nolan's? I think not.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl: I can't stop looking at that gif...!

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mila Kunis is wooden and ruined Oz you need someone with a big toothy smile and that ain't afraid to ham it up... anne hathaway 1 more thing DONT CHANGE HARLEY QUINNS ORIGIN!!!!! im sorry inside voice but that had to be said

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@joygirl said:

nailed it

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@gambler said:

@joygirl said:

nailed it

Hold up....what do you know Ksenia Solo from...because I KNOW you haven't seen Lost Girl.

for the recond, Ksenia would be brilliant

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@mercy_ said:

@gambler said:

@joygirl said:

nailed it

Hold up....what do you know Ksenia Solo from...because I KNOW you haven't seen Lost Girl.

for the recond, Ksenia would be brilliant

lol the gif screams Harley. Aaaand I may or may not be 15mins into episode one of Lost Girl >_>

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@gambler: WHAT WHAT WHATTTT.

PM me when you finish por favor. Going to bed and I wanna know what you think. We also need to discuss The Blacklist.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By SupBatz

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Joker should never be in a movie with Harley Quinn, sorry but is the truth, not everybody loves her, many people believe she is annoying and terrible as a character.

Besides the fact she minimize The Joker as a villain.

Mila Kunis?

The Joker said they will do this forever because this means as long there is a Batman there will be a Joker, they are link, dont mean he is going to face Batman in all the Batman movies for the rest of time.

All the evidence point they wanted other villains and go into another direction with the movies.

Sure i Love Heath and i Love The Joker, that dont means i want to see them in every single movie.

Many people find Harley annoying? That can be said about any character. There are those who like them, and those who don't. And I'd wager that there are more people in the former category than in the latter.

She minimizes the Joker? Maybe in some appearance. But certainly not in others. Why do you think that the Joker and Harley were shown together for so many years? Because they complement one another. She does not minimize him. If anything, she makes him more horrifying. Showing that he can push other sane people to his level.

I agree that Mila Kunis may not be the right choice. She's a good actress. I just can't see her and Harley.

Your next point is also true. The OP was a hypothetical scenario. Nobody is saying that Batman needs to face of against the Joker in every movie. This was just a thread musing over the possibility of a continuation of the story from The Dark Knight.

Sure, I'm not complaining that TDKR went in a different direction. But it's also an interesting thought to say what a movie could have been like if Ledger had reprised his role from TDK.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: He maybe, but not with Harley Quinn also this would be try to recreate TDK that would be a incredible mistake since you cant recreate what made it great, thats why many sequels sucks and the TDK was great, Terminator 2 and TDK show you can keep going foward and do something new, fresh and how that is the best direction for sequels.

Also Harley Quinn is way lesser villain that the Bane, Talia, Scarecrow and Ras, that why she needs The Joker, The Suicide Squad and Poison Ivy, besides the point she is a comedy chracter and dont go she isnt now, because this would had happened before her unpopular reboot.

@supbatz: There is more people that find Harley Quinn annoying that any other Batman character, even Jason Todd that gets less heat.

Harley Quinn dont make the Joker looks more scary, there is a reason why the movies decide The Joker should be the main villain, he is bigger that the rest, beside TDK show he berack Harvey Dent and breack Batman, so Harley Quinn would be going in the same direction, would repeat the same formula.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

If Joker would have been in TDKR, I feel that the ended would have been very different. Really, I think a lot of the movie would have still played out the same, with Bane having left Joker in Blackgate fearing he would cause more problems, and for a majority of the movie Joker would remain as a background villain, watching everything from the shadows. I could see him discovering that Bane had killed Batman, overhearing this from one of Bane's men, this would prompt Joker to breaking out of his cell, with the help of Harley, to take revenge on Bane for killing Batman. In the end, I could see the Joker turning the tables on both Bane and Talia, taking control of the nuke himself and threatening to destroy all of Gotham. Ultimately Batman would defeat both Joker and Bane, but seeing how much evil is still in the world, rather than retire as Batman for good, this would inspire Bruce to once again become Batman and continue fighting crime in Gotham once more.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ninjablade09

@fil123 said:

Actually didn nolan change the ending of TDK because of ledgers death?

Yes, not only that, I remember hearing awhile back he had to change the entire TDKR story. They were going to shoot TDK and TDKR back to back, and it was going to expand on the Two Face thing, and add to why he went insane. Joker was supposed to play a vital role again, but when Heath died, the decided to close the movie by making it longer. I'm guessing the whole scene with Dent and Gordon may have been the ending to TDKR as it has that end feeling.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gordyman

@cuddlebear: I mean that's how I would have wanted it to be done, if they continued the same scenario of Batman being away for a couple years.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gordyman

Everyone's saying Mila Kunis shouldn't play Harley Quin. Who do ya'll think should play her?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: He maybe, but not with Harley Quinn also this would be try to recreate TDK that would be a incredible mistake since you cant recreate what made it great, thats why many sequels sucks and the TDK was great, Terminator 2 and TDK show you can keep going foward and do something new, fresh and how that is the best direction for sequels.

Also Harley Quinn is way lesser villain that the Bane, Talia, Scarecrow and Ras, that why she needs The Joker, The Suicide Squad and Poison Ivy, besides the point she is a comedy chracter and dont go she isnt now, because this would had happened before her unpopular reboot.

Ok so no Killer Croc, Clayface, Black Mask, Firefly, or heck any villain other than Joker, Bane, Ras, Catwoman, or Poison Ivy, their just "big" enough villains. Sorry guys.

@supbatz: There is more people that find Harley Quinn annoying that any other Batman character, even Jason Todd that gets less heat.

According too? Come to think of it I don't think most Batman villains outside of Joker get talked about much at all, especially in the mainstream.

Harley Quinn dont make the Joker looks more scary, there is a reason why the movies decide The Joker should be the main villain, he is bigger that the rest, beside TDK show he berack Harvey Dent and breack Batman, so Harley Quinn would be going in the same direction, would repeat the same formula.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: So she could not appear in a TDKR sequel alongside The Joker because she is a lesser villain?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: Black Mask is not so lesser, sure is not popular, but not lesser.

Killer Croc its pretty much the story of a character that would had a bigger chance in the past that now..

Firefly is like saying the KGBeast would get his own movie.

Also you cant say Black Mask and Harley Quinn are in the same level, sure she is more popular, but Black Mask is a bigger villain.

Seriously those guys, over Hush, Hugo Strange, Owlman, Prometheus or The Reaper.

Sure they are classic villains, but some villains dont work alone, Scarecrow wasnt the main villain of Begins, Two Faces was the secondary villain twice,Harley is popular with many nerds, but many others cant stand her.

You would find a good number of people online and offline that dont like Harley Quinn, since the reboot things get worst with the whole Slut Harley.

@gordyman: No, because she adds nothing to The Joker, he drive Harvey Dent insane, so there is no need to show her being a normal person that he breack, The Joker work alone in here, besides the fact he uses people, The Joker here belive people is useless and only cares about Batman.

This Joker is not Adam West Joker, that one that can team up, this wants Batman only for himself, he was using Harvey to torture Batman, but it was still The Joker vs Batman.

He said it to him, this is about the two of them and only the two of them.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marionettegeist

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363: Black Mask is not so lesser, sure is not popular, but not lesser.

Your opinion != fact

Killer Croc its pretty much the story of a character that would had a bigger chance in the past that now..

Firefly is like saying the KGBeast would get his own movie.

Also you cant say Black Mask and Harley Quinn are in the same level, sure she is more popular, but Black Mask is a bigger villain.

See above.

Seriously those guys, over Hush, Hugo Strange, Owlman, Prometheus or The Reaper.

They were just random villain names that came to my head, afterward I said all villains other than Joker, Ras, Posion Ivy, Bane, and Catwoman.

Sure they are classic villains, but some villains dont work alone, Scarecrow wasnt the main villain of Begins, Two Faces was the secondary villain twice,

Wait, but the scenario above does have her as a secondary villain.
    EDIT: Re-read it not necessarily secondary, but also not only villain. Focus still seems to be on Joker though.

Harley is popular with many nerds, but many others cant stand her.

According too?

You would find a good number of people online and offline that dont like Harley Quinn,

I can barely find anyone offline who knows about Harley Quinn. As for online I can find people who like Nazis and plenty of people who like or don't like just about anything, whats your point?

since the reboot things get worst with the whole Slut Harley.

I hate that too.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: But she's already crazy, and besides it will still be Batman vs. Joker just with Harley to add a little more challenge.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By SupBatz

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand people's obsession with Ledger's performance.

I honestly think that if he didn't die he wouldn't be getting this kind of praise.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CuddleBear

@sheenlantern Yeah i didn't think he was that good in "A Knight's Tale" either... oh wait your talking about The Dark Knight? you should probably watch it like at least 50 more times I know I've probably logged a few hundred viewings by this point. I mean if you mean the oscar nomination I might agree with you because they are snobs that think shakespeare is acting and superhero are for kids. but as far as his performance you must see comrade you must

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It would have been really awesome for him to have been in TDKR, but DEFINITELY not in the way you just described.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No. The Dark Knight was perfect but no.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Even if Heath Ledger was - God rest his soul - still alive, all I would want is a cameo in TDKR. Like when all the prison doors are open, Joker's cell is the only one that doesn't open because he's too dangerous.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@veshark said:

Even if Heath Ledger was - God rest his soul - still alive, all I would want is a cameo in TDKR. Like when all the prison doors are open, Joker's cell is the only one that doesn't open because he's too dangerous.

Or like at the end of AC (not the whole AC Joker story) after Batman beats Bane the Joker shows up and announces his final plan against Batman. And Batman has to race to stop him. XD (only like 15 mins though lol don't need another 2 hours).

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand people's obsession with Ledger's performance.

I honestly think that if he didn't die he wouldn't be getting this kind of praise.

FALSE

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.