Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What Comic Should be the Inspiration for the Batman Reboot?

Avatar image for capedcrusader234
    CapedCrusader234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

For me it should be Batman: Earth One. This was a brilliant story. Plot: Thomas Wayne, who is running for Mayor of Gotham City, and Martha Arkham-Wayne. After receiving death threats, Thomas calls his friend, Alfred Pennyworth, to become the head of security at Wayne Manor. Thomas and Alfred fought together in the battlefield, where Alfred saved Thomas' life. During a movie: the movie theater runs out of power, Bruce demands to watch the movie immediately, and rushes out of theater, bumping into a criminal on the way out. The criminal recognizes him as "the Wayne kid" and takes his hostage. The criminal shoots them both in front of Bruce. Alfred was named Bruce's legal guardian and acts as his butler so he won't know what's going on. Alfred trains Bruce to become Batman and bring The Penguin who had his parents killed to justice. Also, a new serial killer who was hired by the Penguin enters Gotham and Batman also has to bring him to justice.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Well if they could make this better than Begins.....It might work.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Black_Arrow
    batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This might sound crazy, but does it need to be based off of a comic? Batman is a rich enough character that a new story shouldn't be a problem to create (seeing as it happens all the time in comics).

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

#5  Edited By Durakken

How bout we don't reboot and we just simply continue on with the story...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Burton Worst+Schumacher Worst+Nolan Worst+TAS Worst=Batman Earth One.

Is amazing how good Superman Earth 1 is and how terribly awful Batman Earth 1 is.

Again have you seen Man of Steel?, they have to share the same universe, so screw Earth 1 and Screw ARKHAMVERSE!!!!

I love Kaiju movies, but why would we need to see Batman vs Jokerzilla? And how this even make sense?
    I love Kaiju movies, but why would we need to see Batman vs Jokerzilla? And how this even make sense?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Long Halloween

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batshrine

@geekbait: @knightfall225: As much as I loved Long Halloween, it would be to reminiscent of The Dark Knight to be enjoyed by the masses.

CapedCrusader234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CapedCrusader234

@black_arrow: hey he may have been less skilled but that comic had great artwork and brilliant character development. it should be adapted pretty well. let's atleast hope for the reboot they don't do all star batman and robin. it would be a terrible idea. but u have your opinion and i have mine. well i had two sides. it was either: earth one or year one.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman R.I.P. Very good and intellectually challenging story.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Arrow

@capedcrusader234: Its not a bad history, but it isnt what i want in a new batman movie. I want something that it compares to the comics but it has an original story. Also i dont want an origin story nowadays everyone knows the history, lets put metahuman character and show how batman deals with them.

CapedCrusader234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: don't compare batman earth one to the joel schumacher batman universe. Batman Earth One was a dark and perfect origin story. the schumacher batman movies were a discrase to the fans. it looked like it was a filmed in a gay bar. there were no bad movies in the Burtonverse. the batman: the animated series episodes most were good there were bad. and yes i did see Man of Steel and it was excellent. You have your opinion and i have mine. What's your idea for the reboot? What comic should be inspired for the reboot?

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DwightSpitz

@geekbait: The Long Halloween had an excellent setting actually, I'd love to see that on the screen. I love Falcone as well, definitely the best mafia boss in Batman history.

But for real, I just want a more classic Batsuit instead of the battle armors directors seem to have a thing for. Doesn't need to be a halloween spandex costume & some thin kevlar enhancement or whatever is fine but Batman's not supposed to look like a robot.

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin Year One

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: don't compare batman earth one to the joel schumacher batman universe. Batman Earth One was a dark and perfect origin story. the schumacher batman movies were a discrase to the fans. it looked like it was a filmed in a gay bar. there were no bad movies in the Burtonverse. the batman: the animated series episodes most were good there were bad. and yes i did see Man of Steel and it was excellent. You have your opinion and i have mine. What's your idea for the reboot? What comic should be inspired for the reboot?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Schumacher Batman had many postivie points, i am have point this several times and many people in here had point this.

Many people here think Returns in being a very bad movie.

Making it based on TAS, Legends of The Dark Knight Riddler Numbers and Dark Knight, Dark City.

I just hope we dont see Hush.

CapedCrusader234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CapedCrusader234

@deathpoolthet1000: i couldn't see positive points in the Schumacher movies. batman forever wasn't that bad i actually like it. when i say "it looked like it was filmed in a gay bar" i was mainly talking about the abomination that's batman and robin. If you count batsuits with nipples a positive point that's sad. The people who think Batman Returns is bad have their opinion: i love the movie. It's not the greatest Batman movie: that point still goes to The Dark Knight. You have some good ideas. Hush was defenetly an abomination. I consider it the third worst Batman story.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Who knows maybe they can base it off Zero Year? From what Ive seen so far its pretty awesome and a serious Riddler as the villain would be awesome! It also gives us a Batman not as realistic as the Nolanverse or Earth One. I guess it all depends how the rest of Zero Year plays out. Though a movie based off Earth One with a FAR more skilled Batman would be amazing.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say arkham asylum or dark mirror

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By jumpstart55

Most definitely Batman the Long Halloween.

And this time, a much more comic book based Batman, i enjoyed Nolans realistic take on Batman, but this time around i want a Batman much more skilled Batman,one more closer to the comics, I want a Batman who can go toe to toe with movie Captain America,And give him a run for his money.

No Caption Provided

Brcomicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know anyone who liked the Captain America movie better than the last 3 Batman movies. Not that it was bad or anything.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@ultrastarkiller: @capedcrusader234: ENOUGH OF THE REALISM!!!!!! Have you read Earth one? Batman was less skilled than the nolans one

lol. My thoughts exactly, Batman: E1 was atrocious. I'd rather give the franchise back to Schumacher than see something Geoff Johns wrote adapted to the screen again (cause the Johns heavy GL script worked out SO well.......).

I could get on board with the people saying The Long Halloween Though. Batman has a great advantage over other comic book characters being brought to film in that almost EVERYONE knows his origin, his supporting characters, and his villains. I say bring on the Long Halloween and all the Bat-villains grouped in one movie.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Breadspread

Most of the books I would pick are too long for a film. Long Halloween is too long for a 2 hour movie. I think for many reasons, such as length and how we spend time with them, comics books have to the potential to tell better stories than film.

You said "inspiration", how true to the comic book would it need to be?

I think a lot of stories from the Legends of the Dark Knight could work. Their short, no need to do an origin story, and most take place early in Batman's career.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should follow Morrison's take on the character.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#26  Edited By batmannflash

Earth 1's origin is absolutely terrible. And do we really need another origin movie? Just start the movie with Bruce who has been Batman for about a year and coming across his first major villain (Ivy, Clayface, etc.)

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^ Yeah, that. No origin, I'm tired of seeing it....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.