Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What are the best Batman detective stories

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

i know batman rn is known more for his feats but getting back to his essence...what are some of his best written mysteries you can think of

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@willienotwilliam said:

i know batman rn is known more for his feats but getting back to his essence...what are some of his best written mysteries you can think of

Well you got Hush, Long Halloween, Black Mirror, Dark Victory, and Broken City.

Also you got Dennis O'Neil's Run.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Perchance2Dream

@lxlgiftedlxl said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

People keep saying TLH is a good detective story, and I keep asking in what lifetime. It took Batman four months to track down the Riddler, when he was just hanging out in bars... some detective :/ lol, also, Batman never even solved the crime sooo...

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@perchance2dream said:
    @lxlgiftedlxl said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

People keep saying TLH is a good detective story, and I keep asking in what lifetime. It took Batman four months to track down the Riddler, when he was just hanging out in bars... some detective :/ lol, also, Batman never even solved the crime sooo...

True I'll exclude the long halloween then.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Bump

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bump

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Bump

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I haven't read much with true detective work.

The show "The brave and the bold" had a stroy with "Sherlock holmes" : Trials of the Demon!

A good one I can think of is : Batman Adventures: Shadows & Masks, where Bruce Wayne infiltrates the false-face society..

I also remember : Knightquest: The Search, Batman has been broken by Bane and can't manage any hard work, so Alfred and Bruce go on a simpler detective mission that takes them to England.

Not really Batman stories but Gotham Central is good.

That's all I can add for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.