Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What am I to do?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

I'm poor. Quite poor. However, I have my priorities straight -- each month I pick up two new comics -- Suicide Squad and Detective Comics. I've been thoroughly enjoying both, but now, as I finish Detective #8, I see...! Night of the Owls? What's this? ZOMG MASSIVE UNIVERSE-WIDE EVENT! The entire Bat-family has to tackle these owls guys! But wait, I've heard people talking about this. This has history. So what's the big idea with stretching it across a million bat-comics? I can't possibly get them all. Will I just have to suffer through not knowing what's going on? Do you think each owl-title will stand on its own? What's going ooooon?!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Each story that crosses over and stretches beyond Snyder's Batman is supposed to be self-contained and merely supplemental to the main plot, but still standalone in its own right. At least that is what we are led to believe thus far. So, my suggestion is that you keep on reading as you already have.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

you're reading Detective over adjectiveless?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Well I've found this site to be a great place to get a generalization of whats going on in books I don't read...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@danhimself said:

the latter???

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@danhimself said:

the latter???

Batman

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By renamed040924

@Blood1991 said:

Well I've found this site to be a great place to get a generalization of whats going on in books I don't read...

lol yeah

sulugirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sulugirl

Owls? Intriguing.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Funrush

@Joygirl said:

I'm poor. Quite poor. However, I have my priorities straight -- each month I pick up two new comics -- Suicide Squad and Detective Comics. I've been thoroughly enjoying both, but now, as I finish Detective #8, I see...! Night of the Owls? What's this? ZOMG MASSIVE UNIVERSE-WIDE EVENT! The entire Bat-family has to tackle these owls guys! But wait, I've heard people talking about this. This has history. So what's the big idea with stretching it across a million bat-comics? I can't possibly get them all. Will I just have to suffer through not knowing what's going on? Do you think each owl-title will stand on its own? What's going ooooon?!

Basically, in Scott Snyder's Batman series, there is a new group of villains, and they use people known as Talons, dressed in Owl costumes, to fight for them. This whole Night of the Owls thing is basically each character in the Bat-books has to fight a Talon. At least, that's what we know so far.

Also, I highly recommend Scott Snyder's Batman over Detective Comics, you should pick some issues up, or wait for the trade, when you get some money.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Hmmm... thanks for the heads-up, guys! And I do wanna pick up the Batman TPB as soon as I can. I picked up Detective because of Joker, and once I started it was kinda too late to switch.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By HolySerpent

I love your av joygirl

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Thanks. ^_^ I'm quite happy with it (and its counterpart) as well.

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By GamerGeek360

I buy every Bat title except for Nightwing this month but I'm making an exception for this event. Each story will be self-contained, but I'm too big of a Bat fan to miss out on any bit of this event. I'm even going to buy All Star Western #9. Starts on Wednesday, can't wait!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renamed040924

@GamerGeek360 said:

I buy every Bat title except for Nightwing this month but I'm making an exception for this event. Each story will be self-contained, but I'm too big of a Bat fan to miss out on any bit of this event. I'm even going to buy All Star Western #9. Starts on Wednesday, can't wait!

How do you buy every bat title except Nightwing?

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By GamerGeek360

@nickzambuto said:

@GamerGeek360 said:

How do you buy every bat title except Nightwing?

I'm just not a Nightwing fan. I don't know, I just don't feel like reading about him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.