Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

was bruce ever a black lantern

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenk_warrior

he Died becuase darseid zapped him, but he went back in time. who's bones were that then superman was holding. then who was the black lantern batman really

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

In short, it was a clone Batman skeleton.

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By greenk_warrior

long version please@Superguy0009e:

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

Bruce never died so he could never become a Black Lantern.....the bones that Superman recovered were actually those of a clone that Darkseid's scientists were working on...Darkseid wanted an army of Batmen..the scientists captured Batman and while trying to implant the clones with Batman's memories they discovered that the clones couldn't handle Bruce's memories and they ended up clawing out their own eyes....Superman finds one of the clone bodies and assumes that it's Bruce's

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By timelord786

Batman was never dead so could not be a black lantern.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

@timelord786 said:

Batman was never dead so he could not become a black lantern.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

@danhimself said:

Bruce never died so he could never become a Black Lantern.....the bones that Superman recovered were actually those of a clone that Darkseid's scientists were working on...Darkseid wanted an army of Batmen..the scientists captured Batman and while trying to implant the clones with Batman's memories they discovered that the clones couldn't handle Bruce's memories and they ended up clawing out their own eyes....Superman finds one of the clone bodies and assumes that it's Bruce's

That is both morbid and kind of awesome at the same time.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By InfamousFish

@timelord786 said:

Batman was never dead so could not be a black lantern.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

@JonSmith said:

@danhimself said:

That is both morbid and kind of awesome at the same time.

It really was. Final Crisis was pretty great.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Durakken

Bruce fought against the black lanterns so I don't see how one could think that any of that stuff matters. He wasn't dead at the time thus not a black lantern. He was however a white lantern for a short time.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

@Durakken said:

Bruce fought against the black lanterns so I don't see how one could think that any of that stuff matters. He wasn't dead at the time thus not a black lantern. He was however a white lantern for a short time.

how could he have fought against the Black Lanterns if he was stuck in the past?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Durakken

@danhimself said:

@Durakken said:

how could he have fought against the Black Lanterns if he was stuck in the past?

I'm pretty sure Darkest Night occurred before Final Crisis. I do know that Bruce, the living breathing actual person, was an important component of Darkest Night though whether it happened before or after Final Crisis so the stuff about the clone version of Bruce is moot and you're likely just getting it mixed up.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@Durakken said:

@danhimself said:

@Durakken said:

I'm pretty sure Darkest Night occurred before Final Crisis. I do know that Bruce, the living breathing actual person, was an important component of Darkest Night though whether it happened before or after Final Crisis so the stuff about the clone version of Bruce is moot and you're likely just getting it mixed up.

no it didn't....BLACKEST Night happened after Final Crisis....one of the very first scenes of Blackest Night is Hal and Barry visiting the unmarked grave of Bruce Wayne...I'm not getting anything mixed up

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Durakken

@danhimself said:

@Durakken said:

@danhimself said:

@Durakken said:

no it didn't....BLACKEST Night happened after Final Crisis....one of the very first scenes of Blackest Night is Hal and Barry visiting the unmarked grave of Bruce Wayne...I'm not getting anything mixed up

You're right. My bad.

Dead Clone Batman did appear as a Black Lantern. I'm mixing up Blackest Night (and I never get that name right) and Brightest Day mixed up and together. In Blackest Night the Dead Clone Batman was proof that Bruce was still alive for reals like Tim had said and Brightest Day occurred when he returned and was given the White Lantern ring cuz Deadman is somewhat of a chump and confirms that Batman is equal parts of the spectrum rather than any one that the hatred that Geoff Johns always puts on him through Green Lantern is wrong and makes Johns a tool.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

@danhimself said:

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By greenk_warrior

the batman in blackest night was dick grayson

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was worse, batman wasn't a black lantern. he was the catalyst that forged the black lantern rings. That would make him, together with anti-monitor and nekron, the entity of the black lantern corp

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.