Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

volume 2!?

SickBoy2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SickBoy2212

hello, now i am sorry if it sounds noobish, i am quite new to comics even though i have been a fan of the mythology for a while now.

i have recently read a lot of the earlier batman comics to get into the story and i just now got batman Vol. 1, the court of owls.

from what i gather vol. 2 will have night of the owl and the end of the ''owl'' storyline. i belive having heard they had finished it in separate issues.

my question is, anyone has any idea when the volume 2 will be released? i can't wait for it, and i also plan on getting all of the night of the owl issues from the other series to complement it.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By htb106

I'm sure I read that it comes out in 2013 but I'm not too sure.

I suggest buying the single issues unless there's no way you can get them.

SickBoy2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SickBoy2212

i might do that, i like the volume format a lot more but i want to find out what happens with the night of the owls so bad.

i guess i'll get single issues for batman 8 and 9, then i'll wait for the volume to read the rest.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By gotwillpower

I agree with htb106, you should just get the single issues now. If you read 8 and 9, I don't see how you'll be able to stop!

Another idea, maybe just read the Night of Owls for Batman (Snyder, Capullo) issues, and wait for the volume to read the crossover issues.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By htb106

@SickBoy2212: Also I think the tie-ins are going to be included in a big hardcover in 2013 which might be worth picking up if you want to collect everything about the Night of the owls.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeEddie

@SickBoy2212:

March 26 2013

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-City-Owls/dp/1401237770/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347202555&sr=8-2&keywords=court+of+owls'

I have it on pre-order

SickBoy2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SickBoy2212

march!? well that settles it, i'll buy single issues from now on because i don't see myself waiting months at a time for my batfix. and who knows reading the tie-ins might make me get into some other series as well.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoeEddie

@SickBoy2212 said:

march!? well that settles it, i'll buy single issues from now on because i don't see myself waiting months at a time for my batfix. and who knows reading the tie-ins might make me get into some other series as well.

I am just following the Snyder/Capullo work. Batman #0 was released today so you should probably pick that up.

SickBoy2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SickBoy2212

yeah it's in my list as well... that list is getting bigger and bigger, comic books is turning out to be a more expensive hobby than i thought it would be

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoeEddie

@SickBoy2212:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I know.

Amazon is the way to go for comics. In this thread, I picked up several trades each under $15. http://www.comicvine.com/batman/29-1699/just-ordered-venom-knightfall-vol-1-the-man-who-laughs-and/92-683555/

I went to a comic store looking for Knightfall Vol 1 and the owner told me it would cost $30. I bought it from Amazon for $11 http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Part-One-Broken/dp/1563891425/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347490576&sr=1-4&keywords=knightfall+vol+1

I prefer graphic novels over single issue's but I had to pick this up because I was told by a member on here that #0 would not be included in a trade.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By selinaky

I bought Volume 1, then just bought single issues of the rest (after Vol. 1, which contains issues 1 - 7, I bought issues 8 - 11). Will buy Vol. 2 when that comes out too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.