Using deductive reasoning to find out earth 2 batman

#1 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to find out who is the Batman of earth 2 by process of elimination.

Here's who I think could be batman:

Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Thomas Wayne jr/sr

Terry, Jean Paul Valley, charlie bullock, James Gordon, Alfred pennyworth

joker, Hugo strange, Harvey dent, Bane

please tell me any I missed

Ok lets see who I most likely isn't

1. Helena Wayne was the only earth 2 robin (worlds finest 9 or 10)

2. There is a no duplicate rule in the ndcu so I don't think they will break it.

3. Damian just died I highly doubt they would bring him back especially since that would piss off Grant Morrison who is still writing Batman inc.

4. I willing to bet that the origin of batman is the same so Thomas Wayne Sr is dead.

(So no bat-boys are allowed)

Terry, Jean Paul Valley, charlie bullock, James Gordon, Alfred pennyworth

Joker/ Red hood, Hugo strange, Harvey dent, Thomas Wayne Jr, Bane

5. There is also a rule about having Character who are of earth 2 origin so we can cross off any that are not.

6. Terry already has his own book

7. Thomas Wayne Jr is a silver age villain made in the sixties and bane was made in the bronze age

8.Robinson said that it's not a crazy person who takes the mantle and die so strange is out.

9. The batman in the preview is white.

James Gordon, Alfred pennyworth, red hood(Joker), Harvey dent

(I don't know If the duplicate rule applies for non-superheroes. Also I don't know if DC will bend the rules for Thomas Wayne Jr or Bane)

#2 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's going to be bane

#3 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

bane was made modern age so i doubt it (don't correct me if i got the era wrong)

#4 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

James Gordon, Alfred pennyworth, red hood(Joker), Harvey dent,Bruce Wayne Jr

#5 Posted by SwampPing (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from the preview I feel like it could be a lighter skinned black dude so I wouldn't rule out Bullock just yet, but what do I know?

#6 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

If it would be Alfred or Gordon, they would have had to use some very special training methods to become the size that the scans show. Maybe it is Harvey Bullock, he has the size to convert to muscle.

obsidian_raindrop1 I dont understand how you eliminated the possibility of Bane.

I doubt it will be Red Hood Joker. And Bruce Wayne Jr doesnt seem likely.

I would say Harvey Bullock, Gordon, and Bane are the three top candidates.

Edit: What about Ted Grant?

#7 Edited by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about reason no 3, they are not going to reveal his identity just yet so it will probably take place after Morrison's run is over. Also Morrison said that if its done in a good way then he won't have any problems with bringing Damian back. Not to mention he didn't die in earth 2 so DC can avoid the 'bringing another character back from the dead'.

Also disagree with no 6. Terry hasn't made his debut in the N52 and the his ongoing isn't part of the DCnU, so he is definitely a contender.

Now I'm 100% sure that Alfred and Joker won't be the E2 Batman. And while I like the idea of Gordon or Dent as donning the cowl I don't think they'll use any main earth's characters.

#8 Edited by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

If it would be Alfred or Gordon, they would have had to use some very special training methods to become the size that the scans show. Maybe it is Harvey Bullock, he has the size to convert to muscle.

obsidian_raindrop1 I dont understand how you eliminated the possibility of Bane.

I doubt it will be Red Hood Joker. And Bruce Wayne Jr doesnt seem likely.

I would say Harvey Bullock, Gordon, and Bane are the three top candidates.

Edit: What about Ted Grant?

Ted Grant has his own Superhero Identity, it will be insulting to his character if DC makes him Batman, though they do look similar.

#9 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@moon_bat_87:

ted grant will appear in earth 2 the writer said heck if I'm not mistaken it should the annual as wild cat (I know for sure robinson said that wild cat is in earth 2)

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

@moon_bat_87:

ted grant will appear in earth 2 the writer said heck if I'm not mistaken it should the annual as wild cat (I know for sure robinson said that wild cat is in earth 2)

That's great news.

#11 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@moon_bat_87:

Okay cool. Well then I am thinking Bullock, Gordon, or Bane.

#12 Posted by gregroyj42 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

did anyone else catch the mention of Ted Kord in 11 or 12 they might make him batman and change him to blue beetle later.

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

did anyone else catch the mention of Ted Kord in 11 or 12 they might make him batman and change him to blue beetle later.

I hope they don't do that.

#14 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Your biggest flaw is that the no duplicates rule isn't that strict. Batman would be ashamed. Go sit in the corner

#17 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: well name a case besides powergirl and super girl where there have been two of the same character that has not died, otherwise the duplicate rule holds true. (amd before you say red tornado two different people same name)

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: well name a case besides powergirl and super girl where there have been two of the same character that has not died, otherwise the duplicate rule holds true. (amd before you say red tornado two different people same name)

You quote of me from before just so happens to help my argument. I'm saying that the no duplicates rule is still hazy. I wouldn't use t to rule out Dick as Batman. If two different people can be Red Tornado, two different people can be Batman and Dick grayson can have two different identities. Possibly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.