Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Ugh Harper Row / Blue Bird

• 53 results
    username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By username12345

@scouterv: there is ways to develop him besides making more bat family members, in fact some ways involve killing bat family members (red hood). Like I said before knightfall is my favorite comic ever and that made major changes to the character without creating more bat family (Azreal is a vilian/ anti hero). And I have no problem with you not liking solo batman stories, that just means more for me, but if you like them why can't they have there own solo stories and only cross over with batman from time to time? That would make more room for character development for all the characters. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, which isn't your fault the problem it is my poor typing skills, I'm trying to say make her own comic book that merges with batman every once and a while and vice versa, that way it keeps the artistic integrity of batman being a "lone wolf" while making more people to help batman grow as a character, like robin did in knight fall they didn't "shove him down our throats" and kept the focus on batman and bane but he was still in it to appease robin fans

Ps I don't count Alfred as a bat family member because he isn't a field agent

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@username12345: I completely agree.\

However, here's the thing: Most anything attached to Batman becomes popular. That's how DC looks at it, and the stuff sells. It's not even about what I like. It's about popularity and development. If DC wants to push something, they'll push it with Batman. Maybe Harper could hang in her own series, but at the same time, you have to believe that teaming her up with Batman makes it far more likely she'll succeed than on her own.

And to be fair, ever since Robin debuted, Batman hasn't really been a "lone wolf." He's formed teams besides The League, has The Family, etc.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By username12345

@scouterv: I understand that attaching characters to batman could make $$$ but there are other ways to do this. They could say she is a bat family member but still make her have her own series like all the other bat family before the new 52. Or they could attach her to a hero who lacks in side kicks. Or they could just get rid of her entirely to make $$$ and use an already established bat family member. And let's be honest comics don't make as much $$$ as toys, tv, movies, and video games and he's best at those when he is on his own (batman and robin vs Burtan and Nolan batman movies and no one liked harley Quinn dlc as much as the main games and that was a "robin story")

Batman only has one robin/ batgirl at a time so the bat family isn't exactly the bat family as much as it is people batman occasionally teams up with, batman quit the outsiders, batman was only a "part timer" on the justice league, the only time batman is a non-reluctant team player was with batman incorporated and coming back from the "dead" puts people in good moods.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree. I don't know much about her, New 52 sucks anyway as I always say but they shouldn't have put Robin asside. :| This girl is cliché, they made a bad move in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.