Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Two Face Questions.

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenblattsam

I was wondering if there was any source to get a hold of to find some critical response to the villain Two Face. I am doing a research project on Two Face and how the villain has evolved over the years that he has been around, and all I can find is stuff centered around Batman. I have to cite sources other than just comics and other research. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my troubles. Thanks again!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@greenblattsam said:

I was wondering if there was any source to get a hold of to find some critical response to the villain Two Face. I am doing a research project on Two Face and how the villain has evolved over the years that he has been around, and all I can find is stuff centered around Batman. I have to cite sources other than just comics and other research. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my troubles. Thanks again!

You mean like how the character is portrayed? He is portrayed differently in different media.

Perhaps start by watching the Dark Knight and seeing how he is characterised and episodes from the 90s animated series.As both of those versions are different and do deal with how Two Face works.Im sure other people will come up with better suggestions but the animated episodes with him in are very good.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By r3d_rob1n

You could write an entire paper on the differences between Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face and Aaron Eckhart's depiction of the character reflecting the changes between the pre and post 9/11 world. Villains have become much more complex and realistic, showing how people's perception of good and evil have changed.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BatWatch

I just saw a book today called "Psychology and the Batman." I would not be surprised if it had some Two-Face things which might be of use in describing the character. I don't know if it would help with the evolution angle.

@r3d_rob1n:

Very interesting ideas. I think we Tim Drake fans are just generally more intelligent than most people. (tongue in cheek)

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@PsychoKnights said:

@r3d_rob1n:

Very interesting ideas. I think we Tim Drake fans are just generally more intelligent than most people. (tongue in cheek)

Very true. We value intelligence over flips and acrobatics haha

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BatWatch

@r3d_rob1n said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@r3d_rob1n:

Very true. We value intelligence over flips and acrobatics haha

We value hard work and dedication more than the occasional tendency to cut off people's heads.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.