Two Face Questions.

#1 Posted by greenblattsam (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if there was any source to get a hold of to find some critical response to the villain Two Face. I am doing a research project on Two Face and how the villain has evolved over the years that he has been around, and all I can find is stuff centered around Batman. I have to cite sources other than just comics and other research. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my troubles. Thanks again!

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18386 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenblattsam said:

I was wondering if there was any source to get a hold of to find some critical response to the villain Two Face. I am doing a research project on Two Face and how the villain has evolved over the years that he has been around, and all I can find is stuff centered around Batman. I have to cite sources other than just comics and other research. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my troubles. Thanks again!

You mean like how the character is portrayed? He is portrayed differently in different media.

Perhaps start by watching the Dark Knight and seeing how he is characterised and episodes from the 90s animated series.As both of those versions are different and do deal with how Two Face works.Im sure other people will come up with better suggestions but the animated episodes with him in are very good.

#3 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

You could write an entire paper on the differences between Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face and Aaron Eckhart's depiction of the character reflecting the changes between the pre and post 9/11 world. Villains have become much more complex and realistic, showing how people's perception of good and evil have changed.

#4 Posted by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw a book today called "Psychology and the Batman." I would not be surprised if it had some Two-Face things which might be of use in describing the character. I don't know if it would help with the evolution angle.

@r3d_rob1n:

Very interesting ideas. I think we Tim Drake fans are just generally more intelligent than most people. (tongue in cheek)

#5 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@r3d_rob1n:

Very interesting ideas. I think we Tim Drake fans are just generally more intelligent than most people. (tongue in cheek)

Very true. We value intelligence over flips and acrobatics haha

#6 Posted by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@r3d_rob1n:

Very interesting ideas. I think we Tim Drake fans are just generally more intelligent than most people. (tongue in cheek)

Very true. We value intelligence over flips and acrobatics haha

We value hard work and dedication more than the occasional tendency to cut off people's heads.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.